|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1988, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Jimmie Lee not let Horner project boys join his gang and even warns them to stay away from drugs and gangs?
(a) because he only uses boys from other projects
(b) because the Horner boys are too undernourished
(c) because of his love for children
(d) because they are too young
2. What is the nickname of the child Terrance fathered at age fourteen?
(d) Teddy Bear
3. Bird Leg's cousin, Rickey, is full of rage. Why?
(a) He cannot get into the gang.
(b) He is always getting beat up.
(c) He is abused by a teacher.
(d) He witnessed Bird Leg's death.
4. How do Lafeyette and Pharoah refer to the escalating gang wars and gun battles?
(a) as the death train
(b) as the boom box
(c) as the excitement
(d) as the war zone
5. Why does Lafeyette not want to play basketball with the project boys?
(a) They are all older than he is.
(b) They cheat.
(c) They might try to recruit him into a gang.
(d) They play too rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impediment gets worse in Pharoah after all the summer violence?
2. How does Terrance spend much of the visitation time?
3. How many inmates was the Cook County jail built to house?
4. Who is Jimmie Lee?
5. What occurs with LaShawn and her two children, boyfriend, and boyfriend's brother ?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)