|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1988, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Jimmie Lee not let Horner project boys join his gang and even warns them to stay away from drugs and gangs?
(a) because they are too young
(b) because he only uses boys from other projects
(c) because of his love for children
(d) because the Horner boys are too undernourished
2. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
(a) when Lafeyette starts talking about joining a gang
(b) when the electricity is shut off
(c) when LaJoe doesn't come home with groceries as usual
(d) when they start eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches
3. Where does Pharoah want Lafeyette to take him?
(a) downtown Chicago
(b) to the school year
(c) to the railroad tracks
(d) up to Canada
4. How does Terrance spend much of the visitation time?
(a) making a list of things for LaJoe to bring him
(b) complaining about the other inmates
(c) talking about how he is going to change
(d) lecturing Lafeyette to stay in school and out of trouble
5. What do the boys use to hunt for garter snakes?
(b) a crowbar
(c) a cat
(d) railroad spikes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young man who entertains outside of Horner Homes?
2. Why does LaJoe send the boys to stay with her mother a few miles west?
3. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
4. What becomes stressful to LaJoe to the point of sleepless nights and severe headaches?
5. What prison sentence was given to Jimmie Lee?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)