|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1988, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was LaJoe when she first came to the Henry Horner Projects?
2. What type of person is Rickey?
(a) a bully and troublemaker in school
(b) a small, frightened boy
(c) a kind boy everyoe likes
(d) a bookworm like Pharoah
3. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
(a) She is too timid.
(b) She has no education.
(c) She has no transportation to the hearing.
(d) She is guilty.
4. Why will Jimmie Lee not let Horner project boys join his gang and even warns them to stay away from drugs and gangs?
(a) because he only uses boys from other projects
(b) because the Horner boys are too undernourished
(c) because of his love for children
(d) because they are too young
5. Who did LaJoe meet at a dance hall when she was only thirteen, pretending to be sixteen?
(a) Jimmie Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to know if Pharoah's cousin Dede will go out with him?
2. What occurs with LaShawn and her two children, boyfriend, and boyfriend's brother ?
3. What gives Pharoah a headache at the jail?
4. How does Pharoah think of the lush, grassy lawn around the condominium complex called Damen Courts?
5. How do Lafeyette and Pharoah refer to the escalating gang wars and gun battles?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)