|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1988, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a friend do for the family?
(a) gave Lafeyette a job
(b) bailed Terrence out of jail
(c) helped LaJoe get her welfare back
(d) bought some groceries
2. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
(a) She has no education.
(b) She is too timid.
(c) She has no transportation to the hearing.
(d) She is guilty.
3. What type of person is Rickey?
(a) a bully and troublemaker in school
(b) a kind boy everyoe likes
(c) a small, frightened boy
(d) a bookworm like Pharoah
4. What is Dawn, Porkchop's sister, about to do?
(a) have another baby
(b) graduate from Crane High School
(c) get married
(d) drop out of school
5. How do Lafeyette and Pharoah refer to the escalating gang wars and gun battles?
(a) as the excitement
(b) as the boom box
(c) as the death train
(d) as the war zone
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Lafeyette's attitude toward Rickey changed?
2. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
3. Who is LaJoe's childhood friend?
4. Why do the boys hurry home from the tracks as the sun goes down?
5. What is keeping Pharoah out of school?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)