|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1988, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lafeyette and Pharoah want from Terrence?
(a) the key to his foot locker
(b) a promise he will not come home
(c) him to come home
(d) the name of his gang leader
2. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) the jail or the dump
(b) the hole or the box
(c) the battleground
(d) Hornets, the projects, or the 'jects
3. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
(a) saying the words and letters slowly
(b) talking very softly
(c) using hand motions
(d) tongue twisters
4. What is keeping Pharoah out of school?
(a) a serious case of measels
(b) a teacher's strike that lingers for weeks
(c) nothing to wear
(d) fear of gang members
5. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
(a) on the tracks
(b) under a box car
(c) in the tall weeds
(d) in an empty box car
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James say they will all die?
2. What is Pharoah entered in at school?
3. Why do the boys hurry home from the tracks as the sun goes down?
4. Why is Lafeyette against the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
5. What does Terrance claim loudly?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)