|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1988, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused Pharoah to faint?
(a) getting too hot
(b) snakes at the tracks
(c) the sounds of gunfire
(d) deeing Bird Leg get shot
2. What is keeping Pharoah out of school?
(a) nothing to wear
(b) fear of gang members
(c) a serious case of measels
(d) a teacher's strike that lingers for weeks
3. Who is Jimmie Lee?
(a) a rock and roll singer who grew up in the Henry Horner Homes
(b) head of a drug gang called the Conservative Vice Lords whose members control Henry Horner
(c) a drug addict who terrorizes the children at Henry Horner projects.
(d) a policeman who really wants to do something for the project children
4. What does Lafeyette hear someone was doing when he got his legs run over by a train?
(a) hopping a moving box car
(b) hunting for snakes
(c) walking on the railroad ties
5. What do the boys use to hunt for garter snakes?
(b) a cat
(c) a crowbar
(d) railroad spikes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pharoah want Lafeyette to take him?
2. What is the name of the young man who entertains outside of Horner Homes?
3. What type of person is Rickey?
4. Who is the only one LaJoe tells about the situation with the welfare board?
5. Why does LaJoe send the boys to stay with her mother a few miles west?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)