|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1989, Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
(a) He finds Keith and beats him up.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He takes a gun and shoots Keith.
(d) He gets his gang to beat up Keith.
2. What becomes stressful to LaJoe to the point of sleepless nights and severe headaches?
(a) Pharoah's running away
(b) drug abuse
(c) too many gun battles
(d) so many people in the house
3. Where does Pharoah want Lafeyette to take him?
(a) to the school year
(b) up to Canada
(c) downtown Chicago
(d) to the railroad tracks
4. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
(a) He gets one of his severe headaches.
(b) He suddenly needs to go to the bathroom.
(c) He spells the first four letters and then his throat closes up.
(d) He starts to stutter so bad that the judges cannot understand him.
5. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
(a) He has a blue ribbon to take home.
(b) He did not stutter during the contest.
(c) LaJoe was there to see him.
(d) Lafeyette buys him an ice cream cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have the stadium's owners, the Wirz family, changed the character of the neighborhood?
2. Why is eight-year-old Urica Winder in court?
3. What happened to LaJoe's older sister?
4. What is happening outside when Lafeyette doesn't move off the couch and continues to calmly watch television?
5. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)