|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1989, Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pharoah want Lafeyette to take him?
(a) up to Canada
(b) to the school year
(c) to the railroad tracks
(d) downtown Chicago
2. What is it that Vince Lane does not know until the Horner residents inform him?
(a) the condition of the basement
(b) the number of murders
(c) the heat in the winter
(d) the dangerous electrical wiring
3. Who is LaJoe's one hope of having a child graduate from high school and go on to college?
4. How do Lafeyette and Pharoah refer to the escalating gang wars and gun battles?
(a) as the war zone
(b) as the death train
(c) as the excitement
(d) as the boom box
5. What does the racist policeman say to Lafeyette at the stadium?
(a) There's no room for black trash here.
(b) The white people don't have money to give to niggers.
(c) You black kids are all pushing dope.
(d) Black kids all belong to gangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the poem Craig had written that haunts Lafeyette?
2. Who did LaJoe meet at a dance hall when she was only thirteen, pretending to be sixteen?
3. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
4. After Urica's testimony, how long does it take the jury to find Lawrence Jackson guilty of murder?
5. What are they all talking abut when Pharoah runs home to tell about his win?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)