|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1989, Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Jimmie Lee not let Horner project boys join his gang and even warns them to stay away from drugs and gangs?
(a) because the Horner boys are too undernourished
(b) because they are too young
(c) because he only uses boys from other projects
(d) because of his love for children
2. What gives Pharoah a headache at the jail?
(a) a couple arguing
(b) the clanging of doors
(c) a siren
(d) the guard's whistle
3. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
4. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by playing cards to win money at night
(b) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(c) by using her benefit money
(d) by borrowing money from her mother
5. What do Lafeyette and Pharoah want from Terrence?
(a) a promise he will not come home
(b) the key to his foot locker
(c) him to come home
(d) the name of his gang leader
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Urica after her mother, her four-year-old sister, and her mother's boyfriend were killed?
2. Why does LaJoe send the boys to stay with her mother a few miles west?
3. Which child did LaJoe take with her to Terrence's trial?
4. Who is the son LaJoe is closest to but who disappoints her the most?
5. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)