|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1989, Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
(a) enlarged police patrols in the area
(b) vigilante committees are formed
(c) building sweeps to try to get rid of the gangs
(d) rewards offered for turning in gang members
2. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
(a) flowers given her by Pharoah
(b) school pictures of her youngest children
(c) a medal Pharoah won in an essay contest
(d) Pharoah's and the triplets' school ribbons
3. A week after Craig's funeral, what weather condition takes place?
(a) a tornado
(b) a heatwave
(c) a hail storm
(d) a late snow
4. How does Terrance spend much of the visitation time?
(a) complaining about the other inmates
(b) making a list of things for LaJoe to bring him
(c) lecturing Lafeyette to stay in school and out of trouble
(d) talking about how he is going to change
5. Why is eight-year-old Urica Winder in court?
(a) as a front for a gang
(b) as a witness to murder
(c) as a shoplifter
(d) as a child prostitute
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pharoah love school?
2. What is it called when the gang members break a side window of a car at a stoplight and grab a purse or briefcase on the seat?
3. What is happening outside when Lafeyette doesn't move off the couch and continues to calmly watch television?
4. What does Terrance claim loudly?
5. What has caused Pharoah to faint?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)