|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1988-Winter 1989, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is LaJoe's one hope of having a child graduate from high school and go on to college?
2. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
3. What is Pharoah entered in at school?
(a) an accelerated learning class
(b) his class spelling bee
(c) a new PE class
(d) a mathematics contest
4. What is the last word Pharoah is given to spell?
5. At the Boys Club program, what is the response to the question, "Don't you live your country?"
(a) The crowd roars "no", drowning out Pharoah's quiet "yes."
(b) There is dead silence in the stands.
(c) The applause is deafening and Pharoah gets a headache.
(d) Everyone stands and puts their hands over their hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
2. What seriously haunts Lafeyette?
3. What impediment gets worse in Pharoah after all the summer violence?
4. What is it called when a hospital sends a patient to another hospital?
5. What is the nickname of the child Terrance fathered at age fourteen?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)