|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1988-Winter 1989, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when the gang members break a side window of a car at a stoplight and grab a purse or briefcase on the seat?
(a) break and run
(b) break and take
(c) hit and run
(d) smash and grabs
2. What captivates Pharoah at Erol's Video Club?
(a) the cartoons
(b) the video machines
(c) the space movies
(d) the Wrestle Mania movies
3. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
(a) Rickey and Lafeyette
(b) Tough Luck and Willie
(c) The triplets and grandmother
(d) Terrance and Rochell
4. What becomes stressful to LaJoe to the point of sleepless nights and severe headaches?
(a) so many people in the house
(b) Pharoah's running away
(c) too many gun battles
(d) drug abuse
5. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
(a) He suddenly needs to go to the bathroom.
(b) He starts to stutter so bad that the judges cannot understand him.
(c) He spells the first four letters and then his throat closes up.
(d) He gets one of his severe headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname of the child Terrance fathered at age fourteen?
2. Who did LaJoe meet at a dance hall when she was only thirteen, pretending to be sixteen?
3. Who is the son LaJoe is closest to but who disappoints her the most?
4. What makes Pharoah feel uncomfortable on Chicago Avenue?
5. Why do the police take the boys close to their home and drop them off with a stern warning?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)