|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1988-Winter 1989, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word Pharoah is given to spell?
2. What becomes stressful to LaJoe to the point of sleepless nights and severe headaches?
(a) drug abuse
(b) so many people in the house
(c) Pharoah's running away
(d) too many gun battles
3. What seriously haunts Lafeyette?
(a) the pressure to join a gang
(b) Bird Leg's death
(c) school homework
(d) the boy who lost his legs
4. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
(a) using hand motions
(b) talking very softly
(c) saying the words and letters slowly
(d) tongue twisters
5. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
(a) He starts to stutter so bad that the judges cannot understand him.
(b) He suddenly needs to go to the bathroom.
(c) He spells the first four letters and then his throat closes up.
(d) He gets one of his severe headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused Pharoah to faint?
2. What occurs with LaShawn and her two children, boyfriend, and boyfriend's brother ?
3. When Rickey and Lafeyette shoplift, what are they unaware of?
4. What captivates Pharoah at Erol's Video Club?
5. What does Pharoah bury outside the projects?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)