|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1988-Winter 1989, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is LaJoe's one hope of having a child graduate from high school and go on to college?
2. Who is the son LaJoe is closest to but who disappoints her the most?
3. What seriously haunts Lafeyette?
(a) the boy who lost his legs
(b) school homework
(c) the pressure to join a gang
(d) Bird Leg's death
4. What makes Pharoah feel uncomfortable on Chicago Avenue?
(a) Too many policemen are walking around.
(b) The traffic scares him when they cross the street.
(c) People look at them as dirty Horner boys.
(d) The boys talk about shoplifting.
5. What does Lafeyette hear someone was doing when he got his legs run over by a train?
(b) hunting for snakes
(c) walking on the railroad ties
(d) hopping a moving box car
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes stressful to LaJoe to the point of sleepless nights and severe headaches?
2. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
3. What captivates Pharoah at Erol's Video Club?
4. Why do the police take the boys close to their home and drop them off with a stern warning?
5. What is the nickname of the child Terrance fathered at age fourteen?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)