|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall 1988-Winter 1989, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police take the boys close to their home and drop them off with a stern warning?
(a) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, pays for the videos.
(b) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, does not press charges.
(c) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, admits he did not see them.
(d) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, demands to see their parents.
2. What does Pharoah bury outside the projects?
(a) a dead cat
(b) a crowbar
(c) his homework
(d) two goldfish
3. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
(a) The triplets and grandmother
(b) Terrance and Rochell
(c) Tough Luck and Willie
(d) Rickey and Lafeyette
4. Who is LaJoe's one hope of having a child graduate from high school and go on to college?
5. Where does Pharoah go with Lafeyette and Rickey and some other friends?
(a) the the top of Horner Homes
(b) window shopping at discount stores on Chicago Avenue
(c) to the museum of modern art
(d) to visit Bird Leg's grave
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lafeyette hear someone was doing when he got his legs run over by a train?
2. Who is the son LaJoe is closest to but who disappoints her the most?
3. Who is the one person with whom Pharoah is comfortable?
4. What is the last word Pharoah is given to spell?
5. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)