|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Pharaoh not wear his nylon jacket with the Blackhawk logo?
(a) It is old and faded.
(b) Several boys have been murdered for their jackets.
(c) The logo is almost falling off.
(d) It has a big hole in it.
2. Why did the vacancy rate at Horner increase?
(a) old people kept dying off
(b) rumors of planned gentrification
(c) an increase in the number of murders
(d) a typhoid outbreak
3. What does Lafeyette fantasize about having in the future?
(a) a Cadillac
(b) a white, wood-framed house
(c) a gun to shoot gang members
(d) a job so his mother doesn't have to worry
4. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
(a) when they start eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches
(b) when LaJoe doesn't come home with groceries as usual
(c) when the electricity is shut off
(d) when Lafeyette starts talking about joining a gang
5. What does the racist policeman say to Lafeyette at the stadium?
(a) Black kids all belong to gangs.
(b) There's no room for black trash here.
(c) The white people don't have money to give to niggers.
(d) You black kids are all pushing dope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
2. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
3. How have the stadium's owners, the Wirz family, changed the character of the neighborhood?
4. What happens to LaJoe at the welfare meeting?
5. What causes Gwen Anderson to vomit in the basement?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)