|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
(a) She has no education.
(b) She is too timid.
(c) She has no transportation to the hearing.
(d) She is guilty.
2. Why will Pharaoh not wear his nylon jacket with the Blackhawk logo?
(a) It has a big hole in it.
(b) The logo is almost falling off.
(c) It is old and faded.
(d) Several boys have been murdered for their jackets.
3. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) Mayor Daly
(b) the Playboy Club
(c) the Chicago Mafia
(d) a family of drug runners
4. Why did the vacancy rate at Horner increase?
(a) an increase in the number of murders
(b) a typhoid outbreak
(c) old people kept dying off
(d) rumors of planned gentrification
5. What is the rumor going around the projects?
(a) that the rents will all go up when they clean it up
(b) that they will all be evicted so the place can be rebuilt
(c) that the city plans to tear the buildings down for a new stadium
(d) that the tenants will be charged for all the damage to the place
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lafeyette fantasize about having in the future?
2. What accusation is brought against LaJoe?
3. What does the racist policeman say to Lafeyette at the stadium?
4. What event caused riots in the area around the Blackhawk stadium?
5. What happens to LaJoe at the welfare meeting?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)