|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Pharaoh not wear his nylon jacket with the Blackhawk logo?
(a) It has a big hole in it.
(b) Several boys have been murdered for their jackets.
(c) It is old and faded.
(d) The logo is almost falling off.
2. What causes Gwen Anderson to vomit in the basement?
(a) the smell of rotting animal carcasses and feces
(b) the dead body of a baby
(c) the leakage from the sewer system
(d) a child tied up and kept down there
3. How have the stadium's owners, the Wirz family, changed the character of the neighborhood?
(a) by putting up youth facilities
(b) by planting trees and flowers in the neighborhood
(c) by bulldozing homes for parking lots
(d) by helping homeowners paint their houses
4. Why is Pharoah worried that even if he achieves a high school diploma, he will not be able to get out of the projects?
(a) His brother in prison will alarm people.
(b) Everyone will think he forged the diploma.
(c) Dawn has been unable to escape.
(d) There will only be poor jobs available for blacks.
5. What accusation is brought against LaJoe?
(a) welfare fraud
(c) drug dealing
(d) child abuse
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the vacancy rate at Horner increase?
2. What event caused riots in the area around the Blackhawk stadium?
3. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
4. What does Lafeyette fantasize about having in the future?
5. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)