|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one LaJoe tells about the situation with the welfare board?
2. How have the stadium's owners, the Wirz family, changed the character of the neighborhood?
(a) by bulldozing homes for parking lots
(b) by planting trees and flowers in the neighborhood
(c) by putting up youth facilities
(d) by helping homeowners paint their houses
3. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) the Playboy Club
(b) the Chicago Mafia
(c) Mayor Daly
(d) a family of drug runners
4. What accusation is brought against LaJoe?
(a) child abuse
(c) drug dealing
(d) welfare fraud
5. Why is Pharoah worried that even if he achieves a high school diploma, he will not be able to get out of the projects?
(a) There will only be poor jobs available for blacks.
(b) Dawn has been unable to escape.
(c) Everyone will think he forged the diploma.
(d) His brother in prison will alarm people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Pharaoh not wear his nylon jacket with the Blackhawk logo?
2. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
3. Why did the vacancy rate at Horner increase?
4. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
5. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)