|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the vacancy rate at Horner increase?
(a) old people kept dying off
(b) a typhoid outbreak
(c) an increase in the number of murders
(d) rumors of planned gentrification
2. What event caused riots in the area around the Blackhawk stadium?
(a) the death of Robert Kennedy
(b) the Chicago riots at the Democratic convention
(c) the Kent State shootings
(d) the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
(a) John Daly
(b) Gwen Anderson
(c) Mr. Rogers
(d) LaJoe Rivers
4. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) a family of drug runners
(b) Mayor Daly
(c) the Chicago Mafia
(d) the Playboy Club
5. What does the racist policeman say to Lafeyette at the stadium?
(a) The white people don't have money to give to niggers.
(b) Black kids all belong to gangs.
(c) There's no room for black trash here.
(d) You black kids are all pushing dope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation is brought against LaJoe?
2. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
3. Why will Pharaoh not wear his nylon jacket with the Blackhawk logo?
4. Who is the only one LaJoe tells about the situation with the welfare board?
5. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)