Summer 1987, Chapter 1 | Summer 1987, Chapter 2
1. What are two main threats to the safety of Lafeyette and Pharoah at the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) gun battles and gang influences
(b) rats and snakes
(c) trains and busses
(d) food and education
2. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
(a) in an empty box car
(b) under a box car
(c) in the tall weeds
(d) on the tracks
3. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) the hole or the box
(b) Hornets, the projects, or the 'jects
(c) the battleground
(d) the jail or the dump
4. What do the boys use to hunt for garter snakes?
(a) railroad spikes
(b) a cat
(c) a crowbar
5. Why do the boys hurry home from the tracks as the sun goes down?
(a) a train is coming
(b) their parents will be worried
(c) the area is too dangerous at night
(d) they might get lost
This section contains 5,250 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)