Summer 1987, Chapter 1 | Summer 1987, Chapter 2
1. What are two main threats to the safety of Lafeyette and Pharoah at the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) rats and snakes
(b) trains and busses
(c) food and education
(d) gun battles and gang influences
2. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
(a) on the tracks
(b) under a box car
(c) in an empty box car
(d) in the tall weeds
3. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) Hornets, the projects, or the 'jects
(b) the hole or the box
(c) the battleground
(d) the jail or the dump
4. What do the boys use to hunt for garter snakes?
(b) a crowbar
(c) railroad spikes
(d) a cat
5. Why do the boys hurry home from the tracks as the sun goes down?
(a) they might get lost
(b) their parents will be worried
(c) the area is too dangerous at night
(d) a train is coming
This section contains 5,250 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)