Summer 1987, Chapter 1 | Summer 1987, Chapter 2
* This is the true story of two brothers living in the Henry Horner projects of Chicago over a two-year period.
* The first chapter details a trip to the railway tracks and points out how mundane events become exciting adventures for underprivileged children.
* Chapter 2 introduces the Rivers family and the impoverished community and housing project where they live.
* The constant threat of gang violence and fear are introduced.
Summer 1987, Chapter 3 | Summer 1987, Chapter 4
* The projects were pleasant and comfortable when families first moved in as opposed to now when 6,000 families crowd the buildings and things are falling apart.
* Lafeyette is somber for an 11-year-old boy as he tries to avoid being forced to join a gang and simply wishes he could go to heaven.
* Jimmie Lee, the drug lord and gang leader, visits the projects. He is a complex character operating outside the law yet strangely...
This section contains 2,778 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)