Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
2. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
4. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
5. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
Essay Topic 1
Fanon suggests that the post-colonial society would be wise to adopt humanistic values and ideals. Why does Fanon believe that humanism is beneficial for the post-colonial society? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Fanon's work like in Algeria? How do you think his experiences and observations there influenced this book? Why do you think he chose to write this work? Do you feel he was qualified to do so?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to native art under colonialism, according to Fanon? Describe the changes that occur in native art as the society moves from a colonial to post-colonial society. Why do you think these changes happens?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)