|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
2. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
3. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
4. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
5. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fanon argues that colonial society is a sick society. Why does he argue this? What facts does he use to back up this argument? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Fanon argue that there cannot be a single, global black culture? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why? What do post-colonial societies have in common with each other? How are they different from each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why is native culture an important part of the revolution against colonialism? What changes have to take place among native artists? Why do you think native art is repressed under colonialism?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)