|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
2. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
3. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
4. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
5. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe one example that Fanon uses to illustrate the consequences that colonialism can have on individuals? What does Fanon believe is causing the particular issue for the person? What point is he trying to make with the examples that he gives? Do you agree or disagree with his point? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does Fanon think that native groups should do in colonial situations? What actions does he recommend in the book? What does he think a post-colonial society should look like? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Fanon argue that there cannot be a single, global black culture? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why? What do post-colonial societies have in common with each other? How are they different from each other?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)