Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
2. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
4. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
5. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the phases that the native population goes through from a colonial society to a post-colonial society. How do people feel about rebellion at these different stages? Give specific examples from the book to describe the movement to a post-colonial society.
Essay Topic 2
Fanon suggests that the post-colonial society would be wise to adopt humanistic values and ideals. Why does Fanon believe that humanism is beneficial for the post-colonial society? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
According to Fanon, what is a colonial society like? Use examples from the book to help describe Fanon's view of colonial societies. What effects do colonial societies have on the citizens? Why are these consequences seen?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)