|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The colonial middle class lacks what?
2. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
3. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
4. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
5. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
2. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
3. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
4. How does the new middle class treat the farm workers?
5. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
6. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
7. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
8. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
9. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
10. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is native culture an important part of the revolution against colonialism? What changes have to take place among native artists? Why do you think native art is repressed under colonialism?
Essay Topic 2
What does Fanon think that native groups should do in colonial situations? What actions does he recommend in the book? What does he think a post-colonial society should look like? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Essay Topic 3
According to Fanon, what is a colonial society like? Use examples from the book to help describe Fanon's view of colonial societies. What effects do colonial societies have on the citizens? Why are these consequences seen?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)