|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
2. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
3. Where should the new government be seated?
4. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
5. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the colonial power implement programs and reforms? What should the rebels realize about these?
2. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
3. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
4. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
5. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
6. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
7. How can the people of Africa avoid the disintegration of national unity and the threat from the bourgeoisie?
8. How can nations bypass the problems that may occur after the revolution?
9. What is the new petty bourgeoisie like?
10. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe one example that Fanon uses to illustrate the consequences that colonialism can have on individuals? What does Fanon believe is causing the particular issue for the person? What point is he trying to make with the examples that he gives? Do you agree or disagree with his point? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Fanon suggests that the post-colonial society would be wise to adopt humanistic values and ideals. Why does Fanon believe that humanism is beneficial for the post-colonial society? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the phases that the native population goes through from a colonial society to a post-colonial society. How do people feel about rebellion at these different stages? Give specific examples from the book to describe the movement to a post-colonial society.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)