|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
2. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
3. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
4. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
5. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
2. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
3. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
4. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
5. Why does the colonial power implement programs and reforms? What should the rebels realize about these?
6. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
7. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
8. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
9. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
10. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What consequences or effects does colonial society have on natives and colonialists? Why do you think these effects happen? What do people do in order to reduce these effects? What does Fanon recommend?
Essay Topic 2
Why do natives form rebellions or revolutions against colonial societies? What factors influence the development of revolutionary movements? Do you agree or disagree with their reasoning? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why is native culture an important part of the revolution against colonialism? What changes have to take place among native artists? Why do you think native art is repressed under colonialism?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)