|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
2. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
4. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
5. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
Essay Topic 1
Fanon argues that colonial society is a sick society. Why does he argue this? What facts does he use to back up this argument? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What does the post-colonial society need to do after the revolution to escape the old patterns of racism and exploitation, according to Fanon? Why do you think he suggests these actions as better? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to native art under colonialism, according to Fanon? Describe the changes that occur in native art as the society moves from a colonial to post-colonial society. Why do you think these changes happens?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)