|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
2. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
3. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
4. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
5. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of recruitment to the movement. Where do the rebel leaders start when looking for support? What mistakes do they make in looking for support? In what groups do they find greater support for and participation in the movement? Why are these groups more supportive than others?
Essay Topic 2
How does the colonial power seek to stop the revolutionary movement? What tactics or actions are used in order to stop the forward progress? Are these actions successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Fanon suggests that the post-colonial society would be wise to adopt humanistic values and ideals. Why does Fanon believe that humanism is beneficial for the post-colonial society? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)