|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
2. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
3. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
4. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
5. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the new petty bourgeoisie like?
2. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
3. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
4. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
5. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
6. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
7. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
8. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
9. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
10. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Fanon's work like in Algeria? How do you think his experiences and observations there influenced this book? Why do you think he chose to write this work? Do you feel he was qualified to do so?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to native art under colonialism, according to Fanon? Describe the changes that occur in native art as the society moves from a colonial to post-colonial society. Why do you think these changes happens?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the phases that the native population goes through from a colonial society to a post-colonial society. How do people feel about rebellion at these different stages? Give specific examples from the book to describe the movement to a post-colonial society.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)