|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
2. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
3. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
4. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
5. Fanon describes be-bop music as a music of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Fanon's work like in Algeria? How do you think his experiences and observations there influenced this book? Why do you think he chose to write this work? Do you feel he was qualified to do so?
Essay Topic 2
Fanon suggests that the post-colonial society would be wise to adopt humanistic values and ideals. Why does Fanon believe that humanism is beneficial for the post-colonial society? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one example that Fanon uses to illustrate the consequences that colonialism can have on individuals? What does Fanon believe is causing the particular issue for the person? What point is he trying to make with the examples that he gives? Do you agree or disagree with his point? Why?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)