|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
2. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
3. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
4. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
5. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Fanon argue that there cannot be a single, global black culture? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why? What do post-colonial societies have in common with each other? How are they different from each other?
Essay Topic 2
What consequences or effects does colonial society have on natives and colonialists? Why do you think these effects happen? What do people do in order to reduce these effects? What does Fanon recommend?
Essay Topic 3
What happens to native art under colonialism, according to Fanon? Describe the changes that occur in native art as the society moves from a colonial to post-colonial society. Why do you think these changes happens?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)