|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
2. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
3. Natives know that only what can free them?
4. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
5. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the former taxi driver experience that caused his symptoms? What were his symptoms?
2. Why do the colonial powers seek to create a divide between the rural and urban areas?
3. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
4. What situations or obstacles may threaten the movement? Why?
5. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
6. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
7. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
8. How can the people of Africa avoid the disintegration of national unity and the threat from the bourgeoisie?
9. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
10. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
Essay Topic 1
What does the post-colonial society need to do after the revolution to escape the old patterns of racism and exploitation, according to Fanon? Why do you think he suggests these actions as better? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why do natives form rebellions or revolutions against colonial societies? What factors influence the development of revolutionary movements? Do you agree or disagree with their reasoning? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What factors pose a threat to the revolutionary movement? What obstacles does the movement have to overcome in order to be successful? Why do these factors or obstacles present a problem for the movement?
This section contains 1,580 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)