|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
2. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
3. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
4. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
5. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does native-on-native violence increase?
2. How do the colonial powers try to combat the revolution?
3. What is the colonial system like for native peoples?
4. What are the earliest stages of the rebellion like?
5. How does Frantz Fanon's approach differ from Martin Luther King's?
6. Why is educating and indoctrinating the groups that have joined the rebellion important?
7. What should the natives remember about any concessions that they are offered?
8. Why is the colonizing nation not interested in violence against the native peoples?
9. Why do the rebel leaders flee to the countryside? What happens to the movement?
10. How does Fanon believe that dance relates to the oppression of colonialism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What consequences or effects does colonial society have on natives and colonialists? Why do you think these effects happen? What do people do in order to reduce these effects? What does Fanon recommend?
Essay Topic 2
Why is native culture an important part of the revolution against colonialism? What changes have to take place among native artists? Why do you think native art is repressed under colonialism?
Essay Topic 3
What challenges does the national revolutionary political party and rebel leaders face once they overthrow colonialism? What obstacles does the middle class present in these changes? Why?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)