|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
2. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
3. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
4. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
5. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fanon believe that dance relates to the oppression of colonialism?
2. What problems do natives encounter in the days before and leading up to the overthrow of colonialism?
3. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
4. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
5. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
6. What problems did the young Algerian man suffer from? What did he do that resulted in his hospital stay?
7. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
8. Why does the colonial power implement programs and reforms? What should the rebels realize about these?
9. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
10. How does the revolution begin?
Essay Topic 1
What happens to native art under colonialism, according to Fanon? Describe the changes that occur in native art as the society moves from a colonial to post-colonial society. Why do you think these changes happens?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Fanon argue that there cannot be a single, global black culture? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why? What do post-colonial societies have in common with each other? How are they different from each other?
Essay Topic 3
Describe one example that Fanon uses to illustrate the consequences that colonialism can have on individuals? What does Fanon believe is causing the particular issue for the person? What point is he trying to make with the examples that he gives? Do you agree or disagree with his point? Why?
This section contains 1,535 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)