|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
2. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
3. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
4. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
5. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the revolution begin?
2. How is the colonialist likely to react after the initial period of euphoria? Give an example from the reading of the reaction.
3. What happens as the native approaches the stage of decolonization?
4. Why is educating and indoctrinating the groups that have joined the rebellion important?
5. Why do the rebel leaders flee to the countryside? What happens to the movement?
6. What actions do the leaders of the movement need to do in order to keep the movement going?
7. What should the natives remember about any concessions that they are offered?
8. What is colonization, according to Fanon? What are the effects of colonization?
9. What situations or obstacles may threaten the movement? Why?
10. How does Frantz Fanon's approach differ from Martin Luther King's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the rediscovered native culture like? What factors do you think influence this form of the culture? How does an authentic culture develop, according to Fanon? How does be-bop illustrate the new forms of expression?
Essay Topic 2
What was Fanon's work like in Algeria? How do you think his experiences and observations there influenced this book? Why do you think he chose to write this work? Do you feel he was qualified to do so?
Essay Topic 3
Fanon argues that colonial society is a sick society. Why does he argue this? What facts does he use to back up this argument? Do you agree or disagree with him? Why?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)