|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Burying the past
(b) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(c) Permission from the colonialists
(d) Research into the pre-existing native culture
2. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(b) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(c) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
(d) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Commerce
(b) Ministry of Labor
(c) Ministry of Defense
(d) Ministry of Culture
4. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
(b) A break from the colonial culture
(c) Learning the colonial culture
(d) A cooptation of colonial culture
5. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Gives more concessions to the natives
(b) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(c) Ignores the natives
(d) Reacts with a reign of terror
Short Answer Questions
1. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
2. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
3. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
4. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
5. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)