|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More work and output
(b) More dedication to the colonial power
(c) More sacrifice for the nation
(d) More revolutionary feelings
2. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
(a) The rural peasants
(b) The middle class
(c) The colonial power
(d) The national political party
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Culture
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Labor
(d) Ministry of Commerce
4. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(a) The UN
(c) The Arab League
(d) The European Union
5. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(a) Political goals
(b) Types of exploitation
(d) Socioeconomic statuses
Short Answer Questions
1. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
2. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
3. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
4. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
5. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the new petty bourgeoisie like?
2. How can nations bypass the problems that may occur after the revolution?
3. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
4. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
5. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
6. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
7. How does the Arab world demonstrate the awaking of culture? What happened?
8. Why does the colonial power implement programs and reforms? What should the rebels realize about these?
9. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
10. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)