|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To stay in touch with the people
(b) To make the most money
(c) To protect themselves
(d) To give in to the colonialists
2. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Eastern culture
(b) Western culture
(c) Russian culture
(d) Southern culture
3. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
(b) Puerto Rico
4. The authentic artist hopes to create something of value for whom?
(b) The intellectual elite
(c) His countrymen
5. The colonial middle class lacks what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
2. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
4. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
5. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
2. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
3. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
4. How does the new middle class treat the farm workers?
5. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
6. What does Fanon argue that the post-colonial society should do to make the nation different and better than under colonialism?
7. Why does the colonial power implement programs and reforms? What should the rebels realize about these?
8. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
9. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
10. How does the Arab world demonstrate the awaking of culture? What happened?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)