|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
(b) It stayed the same
(c) It decreased by ten percent
2. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The revolutionary leaders
(b) The colonial power's poor
(c) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(d) The rural peasants
3. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(b) Young people
(c) The elderly
(d) Loyal colonialists
4. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The middle classes' leadership
(b) The status quo
(c) The colonialists' grapes
(d) Their own native soil
5. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
Short Answer Questions
1. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
2. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
3. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
4. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
5. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
2. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
3. How can nations bypass the problems that may occur after the revolution?
4. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
5. What does Fanon argue that the post-colonial society should do to make the nation different and better than under colonialism?
6. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
7. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
8. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
9. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
10. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)