|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
(c) Colonial heritage
(d) Violent revolution
2. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) Reducing crime
(b) A real need of the people
(c) Staying out of international trouble
(d) Building up capitalism
3. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Creating a native culture
(b) Throwing off colonial rule
(c) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(d) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
4. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(a) Demands from other countries
(b) Loyalty to the colonialists
(d) Regional and tribal interests
5. Fanon describes be-bop music as a music of what?
(b) Ballroom dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
2. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
3. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
4. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
5. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)