|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their economic status
(b) Their relation with whites
(c) Their culture
(d) Their slave status
2. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(b) Throwing off colonial rule
(c) Creating a native culture
(d) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
3. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The advertising sector
(b) The lower sector
(c) The intermediary sector
(d) The manufacturing sector
4. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The bourgeoisie
(b) His own people
(c) The colonial society
(d) The intellectual elites
5. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Russian culture
(b) Western culture
(c) Southern culture
(d) Eastern culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
2. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
3. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
4. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
5. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
2. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
3. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
4. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
5. How does the Arab world demonstrate the awaking of culture? What happened?
6. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
7. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
8. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
9. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
10. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)