|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
(a) It is no longer needed
(b) The colonial power forces it to
(c) It becomes too much like the colonial power
(d) It is cut off from the people
2. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The middle classes' leadership
(b) The colonialists' grapes
(c) Their own native soil
(d) The status quo
3. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The intermediary sector
(b) The advertising sector
(c) The lower sector
(d) The manufacturing sector
4. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(c) Racial discrimination
5. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their repression
(b) Their individuality
(c) Their country
(d) Their hope
Short Answer Questions
1. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
2. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
3. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
4. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
5. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
2. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
3. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
4. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
5. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
6. How does the new middle class treat the farm workers?
7. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
8. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
9. Why does the colonial power implement programs and reforms? What should the rebels realize about these?
10. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)