|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(b) The Arab League
(c) The European Union
(d) The UN
2. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
3. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct social problems
(b) Distinct views on colonialism
(c) Distinct types of exploitation
(d) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
4. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
5. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The bourgeoisie
(c) The country
(d) The intellectual elites
Short Answer Questions
1. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
2. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
3. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
4. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
5. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
2. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
3. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
4. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
5. How does the Arab world demonstrate the awaking of culture? What happened?
6. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
7. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
8. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
9. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
10. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)