|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The national political party
(c) The rural peasants
(d) The middle class
2. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
3. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(b) To be a colonial power
4. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
(a) Wealth for the native
(b) Technology advances
(c) Basic human dignity
(d) Colonial knowledge
5. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Building up capitalism
(d) Staying out of international trouble
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
2. The colonial middle class lacks what?
3. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
4. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
5. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
2. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
3. How can nations bypass the problems that may occur after the revolution?
4. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
5. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
6. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
7. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
8. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
9. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
10. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)