|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
(b) Learning the colonial culture
(c) A cooptation of colonial culture
(d) A break from the colonial culture
2. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Reacts with a reign of terror
(b) Ignores the natives
(c) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(d) Gives more concessions to the natives
3. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
4. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The lower sector
(b) The intermediary sector
(c) The advertising sector
(d) The manufacturing sector
5. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
2. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
3. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
4. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
5. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
2. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
3. What should those who are about to throw of colonialism realize?
4. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
5. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
6. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
7. What does Fanon argue that the post-colonial society should do to make the nation different and better than under colonialism?
8. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
9. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
10. What is the new petty bourgeoisie like?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)