|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The intellectual elites
(b) His own people
(c) The colonial society
(d) The bourgeoisie
2. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(b) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(c) For the good of all the people
(d) To strengthen the national consciousness
3. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(a) A dictatorship
(b) A democracy
4. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct social problems
(b) Distinct views on colonialism
(c) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
(d) Distinct types of exploitation
5. Fanon describes be-bop music as a music of what?
(b) Ballroom dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. The authentic artist hopes to create something of value for whom?
2. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
3. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
4. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
5. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the national political party and the militants who started the revolution?
2. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
3. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
4. What does Fanon argue that the post-colonial society should do to make the nation different and better than under colonialism?
5. How does the new middle class treat the farm workers?
6. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
7. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
8. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
9. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
10. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)