|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) TV personalities
(b) Revolutionary leaders
(c) Tourist guides
2. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Cultural writings
(b) Ancient trade routes
(c) National consciousness
(d) Religious rituals
3. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
(a) Unhappy with their position
(d) Loyal to the colonialists
4. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
5. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Its own profit
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Perpetuating the nation
(d) The empowerment of its citizens
Short Answer Questions
1. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
2. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
3. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
4. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
5. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
2. How does the Arab world demonstrate the awaking of culture? What happened?
3. How can the people of Africa avoid the disintegration of national unity and the threat from the bourgeoisie?
4. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
5. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
6. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
7. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
8. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
9. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
10. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)