|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Staying out of international trouble
(c) Reducing crime
(d) Building up capitalism
2. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(b) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
(c) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(d) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
3. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
4. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
5. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
(b) A break from the colonial culture
(c) Learning the colonial culture
(d) A cooptation of colonial culture
Short Answer Questions
1. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
2. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
3. Where should the new government be seated?
4. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
5. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will the leader of the post-colonial revolution be like? What will the leader's aims be?
2. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
3. According to Fanon, why is there a danger that national unity will disintegrate?
4. How can the people of Africa avoid the disintegration of national unity and the threat from the bourgeoisie?
5. Why do new cultural forms emerge?
6. What do the colonialists believe about natives? How do they view the natives?
7. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
8. How does the new middle class treat the farm workers?
9. How does the Arab world demonstrate the awaking of culture? What happened?
10. How does the discovery of one's own indigenous culture affect the artist or writers?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)