|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
2. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their individuality
(b) Their hope
(c) Their country
(d) Their repression
3. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
4. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
(a) Distrust of anything new
(b) The culture of the colonial country
(c) Fear of the past
(d) The culture of other native groups
5. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Reducing crime
(b) Perpetuating the nation
(c) The empowerment of its citizens
(d) Its own profit
Short Answer Questions
1. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
2. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
3. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
4. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
5. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
Short Essay Questions
1. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
2. What do the people do when they realize the leader's true motives? What does the leader do?
3. What does Fanon argue that the post-colonial society should do to make the nation different and better than under colonialism?
4. What things threaten the delicate veneer of national consciousness?
5. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
6. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
7. Why is there not a single black culture in the world?
8. What is the new petty bourgeoisie like?
9. Why is a uniform national prosperity far from a reality?
10. What is the rediscovered native culture like?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)