|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(b) Gives more concessions to the natives
(c) Reacts with a reign of terror
(d) Ignores the natives
2. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Culture
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Labor
(d) Ministry of Commerce
3. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
(a) Colonial rule
(b) A single common identity
(c) A return of colonial culture
(d) Their own cultural tradition
4. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Staying out of international trouble
(d) Building up capitalism
5. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(b) Supress the masses
(c) Leave the colonial power in control
(d) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
Short Answer Questions
1. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
2. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
3. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
4. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
5. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)