|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
2. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
3. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(b) Traditional religions
(c) Mass migration
4. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
5. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Love and peace
(b) Determination and courage
(c) Power and greed
(d) Fear and apathy
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
2. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
3. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
4. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
5. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fanon say about the comparison between blacks in the United States with those in Africa? How are they similar and different?
2. What actions do the leaders of the movement need to do in order to keep the movement going?
3. What should the natives remember about any concessions that they are offered?
4. Why can't the new middle class expect to serve as the intermediary between international corporations and the native population?
5. When can the beginnings of an authentic African culture begin?
6. What problems did the young Algerian man suffer from? What did he do that resulted in his hospital stay?
7. What does the native artist or writer discover? What do they learn?
8. What are the two types of brainwashing that Fanon identifies? What mental disorders do these produce?
9. Why do the colonial powers seek to create a divide between the rural and urban areas?
10. What are the three phases of the culture's development by poets and writers?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)