|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
(a) The strengths of the settlers' society
(b) The strengths of his own culture
(c) The strengths of migration
(d) The strengths of the government
2. Natives know that only what can free them?
3. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Non-violent protests
(b) Guerrilla warfare
(c) Nuclear attack
4. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) More wealth
(b) Less equipment
(c) Fewer resources
(d) More poverty
5. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(b) Social justice
Short Answer Questions
1. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
2. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
3. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
4. What may rural peasants guard?
5. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What obstacle do rebel leaders face in contacting the rural peasants about the movement? Why is it there?
2. How does the revolution begin?
3. How is the colonialist likely to react after the initial period of euphoria? Give an example from the reading of the reaction.
4. Who tries to block or resist the native/rebel, according to Fanon?
5. How does Fanon believe that dance relates to the oppression of colonialism?
6. How is the colonialist bourgeoisie aided by religion?
7. What is colonization, according to Fanon? What are the effects of colonization?
8. What is the colonial system like for native peoples?
9. Why are the lumpenproletariat so important for the revolutionary movement?
10. What should the natives remember about any concessions that they are offered?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)