|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(b) The poor
(d) Young people
2. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) The benevolence of the colonists
(c) The native struggle
(d) A desire to give the natives power
3. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To spite the white settlers
(b) To hurt other people
(c) They vent their frustrations on one another
(d) The settlers force them to commit these acts
4. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
5. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
6. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
7. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
8. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
(a) A retreat by the rebels
(b) The death of colonial rule
(d) Colonialist reaction
9. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(b) Local chiefs
(d) Rural peasants
10. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) Their superiority
(b) The resources in Europe
(c) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(d) Abandoning colonialism
11. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(b) Native rulers
(c) The UN
12. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(b) They know the land better
(c) Their military might
(d) They are smarter
13. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(d) Home ownership
14. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
15. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Rule over the land
(b) Assimilate to their culture
(c) Take money from the Europeans
(d) Starve to death
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
2. What does Fanon call the rural people?
3. The settlers see the natives as what?
4. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
5. Colonization robs the native of what?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)