|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(b) Selling out
2. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
3. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Kenyan elders
(b) Christian missionaries
(c) United States foreign aid workers
(d) Russian forces
4. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
5. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Those who fled to the cities
(c) Other rural peasants
(d) Those in their communities
6. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
7. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) Giving up all violence
(b) The oppression of the natives
(c) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(d) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
8. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
(b) Religious doctrine
(d) National vision
9. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
10. Natives know that only what can free them?
11. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Rural areas
(b) Ubran areas
(d) Inner cities
12. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Personal interests
(b) Economic interest
(d) Fear of the colonialists
13. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
14. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
15. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Quietly serve
(b) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(c) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(d) Get rid of the settler's values
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
2. What may rural peasants guard?
3. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
4. What does Fanon call the rural people?
5. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)