|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Ubran areas
(b) Inner cities
(c) Rural areas
2. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(b) They are smarter
(c) They know the land better
(d) Their military might
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
5. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The ghetto fringes of the cities
(b) The colonialists' mansions
(c) The colonial nation
(d) The government buildings
6. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The knowledge that nothing will change
(b) The acceptance of the situation
(c) A need to let off steam
(d) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
7. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
8. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Young natives
(b) Rural people
(c) Less educated natives
(d) Elite bourgeoisie
9. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
10. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
11. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The settlers' effect on society
(b) The inferiority of the natives
(c) The need for gun control
(d) The evil nature of humans
12. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
13. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(b) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(c) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(d) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
14. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) Less equipment
(b) Fewer resources
(c) More wealth
(d) More poverty
15. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Given better lives
(b) Ignored and forgotten
(c) Taken on a ride
(d) Cheated and exploited
Short Answer Questions
1. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
2. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
3. What sustains the rebel cause?
4. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
5. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)