|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
2. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Korea
(b) France and Algeria
(c) The United States and Russia
(d) Iran and Iraq
3. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
4. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
5. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
6. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
(a) The strengths of his own culture
(b) The strengths of the settlers' society
(c) The strengths of migration
(d) The strengths of the government
7. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
8. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) Giving up all violence
(b) The oppression of the natives
(c) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(d) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
9. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(c) The UN
(d) Native rulers
10. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(d) Fewer resources
11. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Knives and guns
(b) Apathy and uncaring
(c) Fanfare and celebration
(d) Acceptance and commitment
12. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Rural areas
(b) Ubran areas
(c) Inner cities
13. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(d) New Zealand
14. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
15. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
2. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
3. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
4. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
5. What may rural peasants guard?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)