|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The secret to their successes
(b) Tribal and folk customs
(c) Their stores of wealth
(d) The roads to the cities
2. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) Abandoning colonialism
(b) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(c) Their superiority
(d) The resources in Europe
3. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Personal interests
(b) Fear of the colonialists
(c) Economic interest
4. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Ancient feuds
(b) Fear of death
(c) Colonial rule
5. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(b) The poor
(d) Young people
6. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
7. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
8. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Other rural peasants
(b) Those who fled to the cities
(d) Those in their communities
9. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The colonial nation
(b) The government buildings
(c) The colonialists' mansions
(d) The ghetto fringes of the cities
10. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Quietly serve
(b) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(c) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(d) Get rid of the settler's values
11. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(a) The countryside
(b) The colonial nation
(d) Neighboring countries
12. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) More poverty
(b) Less equipment
(c) More wealth
(d) Fewer resources
13. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(b) Non-violent protests
(c) Nuclear attack
(d) Guerrilla warfare
14. The settlers see the natives as what?
(b) Sad creatures
(c) Capable of reform
15. Natives know that only what can free them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
2. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
3. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
4. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
5. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)