|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(a) The colonial nation
(c) Neighboring countries
(d) The countryside
2. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
(b) Outside threats
(c) Colonialist police
(d) Other natives
3. The settlers see the natives as what?
(b) Sad creatures
(d) Capable of reform
4. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Urban and rural dwellers
(b) Men and women
(c) Workers and the poor
(d) Old and young
5. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Rural areas
(b) Ubran areas
(c) Inner cities
6. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(b) Home ownership
7. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
8. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Cheated and exploited
(b) Ignored and forgotten
(c) Given better lives
(d) Taken on a ride
9. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Determination and courage
(b) Fear and apathy
(c) Power and greed
(d) Love and peace
10. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The futility of the situation
(b) The effects of colonization
(c) The colonialist powers
(d) Their own inferiority
11. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
12. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
13. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(b) A need to let off steam
(c) The knowledge that nothing will change
(d) The acceptance of the situation
14. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They are smarter
(b) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(c) They know the land better
(d) Their military might
15. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The colonialists' mansions
(b) The government buildings
(c) The colonial nation
(d) The ghetto fringes of the cities
Short Answer Questions
1. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
2. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
3. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
4. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
5. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)