|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
2. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Korea
(b) France and Algeria
(c) Iran and Iraq
(d) The United States and Russia
3. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
4. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) Their stores of wealth
(b) The roads to the cities
(c) Tribal and folk customs
(d) The secret to their successes
5. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) The workers
(b) The intellectual elite
(c) Simple folk
(d) Those in rural areas
6. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
7. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) Their own inferiority
(b) The effects of colonization
(c) The futility of the situation
(d) The colonialist powers
8. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(b) Rural areas
(c) Inner cities
(d) Ubran areas
9. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
10. What was the rebellion in Kenya called?
(a) Tasmania rebellion
(b) Mau-Mau rebellion
(c) Massa rebellion
(d) Skyre rebellion
11. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Human rights
(b) Danger and excitement
(d) Ability to serve
12. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To hurt other people
(b) To spite the white settlers
(c) They vent their frustrations on one another
(d) The settlers force them to commit these acts
13. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
14. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
15. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
(a) Concede more governmental representation
(b) Militaristic action
(c) Retreat until they can regroup
(d) Give up and go home
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
2. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
3. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
4. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
5. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)