|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Elite bourgeoisie
(b) Young natives
(c) Rural people
(d) Less educated natives
2. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(a) Native rulers
(d) The UN
3. The settlers see the natives as what?
(c) Capable of reform
(d) Sad creatures
4. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Guerrilla warfare
(c) Nuclear attack
(d) Non-violent protests
5. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
6. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
7. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The government buildings
(b) The colonial nation
(c) The ghetto fringes of the cities
(d) The colonialists' mansions
8. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
9. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Ability to serve
(b) Danger and excitement
(d) Human rights
10. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Cheated and exploited
(b) Given better lives
(c) Taken on a ride
(d) Ignored and forgotten
11. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The futility of the situation
(b) The colonialist powers
(c) The effects of colonization
(d) Their own inferiority
12. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Workers and the poor
(b) Men and women
(c) Urban and rural dwellers
(d) Old and young
13. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Love and peace
(b) Fear and apathy
(c) Determination and courage
(d) Power and greed
14. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(a) Local chiefs
(b) Rural peasants
15. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Acceptance and commitment
(b) Apathy and uncaring
(c) Fanfare and celebration
(d) Knives and guns
Short Answer Questions
1. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
2. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
3. What was the rebellion in Kenya called?
4. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
5. What does Fanon call the rural people?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)