|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The colonial nation
(b) The government buildings
(c) The colonialists' mansions
(d) The ghetto fringes of the cities
2. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The roads to the cities
(b) Their stores of wealth
(c) The secret to their successes
(d) Tribal and folk customs
3. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The inferiority of the natives
(b) The settlers' effect on society
(c) The need for gun control
(d) The evil nature of humans
4. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Russian forces
(b) Kenyan elders
(c) Christian missionaries
(d) United States foreign aid workers
5. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Korea
(b) France and Algeria
(c) Iran and Iraq
(d) The United States and Russia
6. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Intellectual elites
(b) Colonial powers
(c) Urban individuals
(d) Rural peasants
7. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
8. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
(a) Promote unity between the native peoples
(b) Placate the rebels
(c) Use nuclear weapons
(d) Let another colonial power take over
9. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Get rid of the settler's values
(b) Quietly serve
(c) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(d) Swear allegiance to the settlers
10. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Labor unions
(b) Government officials
(c) Upper class
11. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Machine gun
(d) Nuclear bomb
12. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
13. Natives know that only what can free them?
14. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Guerrilla warfare
(c) Nuclear attack
(d) Non-violent protests
15. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) The native struggle
(b) A desire to give the natives power
(d) The benevolence of the colonists
Short Answer Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
2. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
3. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
4. What sustains the rebel cause?
5. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)