|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(b) Selling out
(c) Peaceful negotiation
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(b) Fewer resources
3. Natives know that only what can free them?
4. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(d) New Zealand
5. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
6. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
7. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Machine gun
(b) Nuclear bomb
8. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
9. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Rural peasants
(b) Colonial powers
(c) Intellectual elites
(d) Urban individuals
10. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
11. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Cheated and exploited
(b) Taken on a ride
(c) Ignored and forgotten
(d) Given better lives
12. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
(a) Concede more governmental representation
(b) Militaristic action
(c) Give up and go home
(d) Retreat until they can regroup
13. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
(b) Outside threats
(c) Colonialist police
(d) Other natives
14. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(b) Ancient feuds
(c) Colonial rule
(d) Fear of death
15. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They are smarter
(b) They know the land better
(c) Their military might
(d) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fanon call the rural people?
2. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
3. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
5. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)