|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(c) Intellectual elite
2. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Labor unions
(b) Upper class
(c) Government officials
3. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Rural areas
(b) Inner cities
(d) Ubran areas
4. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(d) Selling out
5. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The ghetto fringes of the cities
(b) The government buildings
(c) The colonial nation
(d) The colonialists' mansions
6. Natives know that only what can free them?
7. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
(a) National vision
(c) Religious doctrine
8. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(c) Social justice
9. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(a) New Zealand
10. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) Simple folk
(b) The intellectual elite
(c) Those in rural areas
(d) The workers
11. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
12. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(c) Young people
(d) The poor
13. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) Iran and Iraq
(b) The United States and Korea
(c) France and Algeria
(d) The United States and Russia
14. What was the rebellion in Kenya called?
(a) Mau-Mau rebellion
(b) Massa rebellion
(c) Tasmania rebellion
(d) Skyre rebellion
15. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) Giving up all violence
(b) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(c) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(d) The oppression of the natives
Short Answer Questions
1. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
2. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
3. The settlers see the natives as what?
4. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
5. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)