|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
(a) Placate the rebels
(b) Promote unity between the native peoples
(c) Use nuclear weapons
(d) Let another colonial power take over
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(c) Fewer resources
3. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(a) The poor
(d) Young people
4. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The colonialist powers
(b) Their own inferiority
(c) The futility of the situation
(d) The effects of colonization
5. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
6. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
7. Natives know that only what can free them?
8. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) A desire to give the natives power
(b) The native struggle
(d) The benevolence of the colonists
9. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
10. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(b) New Zealand
11. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Nuclear bomb
(c) Machine gun
12. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(c) Intellectual elite
13. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Russia
(b) The United States and Korea
(c) Iran and Iraq
(d) France and Algeria
14. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(b) To hurt other people
(c) To spite the white settlers
(d) They vent their frustrations on one another
15. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
Short Answer Questions
1. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
2. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
3. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)