|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Ubran areas
(b) Inner cities
(c) Rural areas
2. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Rural peasants
(b) Intellectual elites
(c) Urban individuals
(d) Colonial powers
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(b) Economic interest
(c) Personal interests
(d) Fear of the colonialists
5. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(c) New Zealand
6. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The oppression of the natives
(b) Giving up all violence
(c) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(d) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
7. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
8. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(a) Native rulers
(c) The UN
9. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
10. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Urban and rural dwellers
(b) Workers and the poor
(c) Old and young
(d) Men and women
11. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Taken on a ride
(b) Ignored and forgotten
(c) Given better lives
(d) Cheated and exploited
12. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Fewer resources
(c) Pride in the revolution
13. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
14. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
(a) Religious doctrine
(b) National vision
15. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
2. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
3. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
4. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
5. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)