|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(a) Traditional religions
(d) Mass migration
2. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(a) Rural peasants
(b) Local chiefs
3. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The evil nature of humans
(b) The settlers' effect on society
(c) The inferiority of the natives
(d) The need for gun control
4. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
(a) Colonialist police
(c) Outside threats
(d) Other natives
5. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(b) Fewer resources
6. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(c) Intellectual elite
7. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
8. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) The native struggle
(b) A desire to give the natives power
(d) The benevolence of the colonists
9. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(b) Home ownership
10. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The knowledge that nothing will change
(b) A need to let off steam
(c) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(d) The acceptance of the situation
11. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Labor unions
(c) Upper class
(d) Government officials
12. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(c) Their government
13. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(b) Colonial rule
(c) Fear of death
(d) Ancient feuds
14. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Nuclear bomb
(d) Machine gun
15. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
2. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
3. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
4. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
5. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)