|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
2. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Ancient feuds
(c) Fear of death
(d) Colonial rule
3. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Quietly serve
(b) Get rid of the settler's values
(c) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(d) Swear allegiance to the settlers
4. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
5. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) More wealth
(b) Less equipment
(c) Fewer resources
(d) More poverty
6. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
7. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(b) Neighboring countries
(c) The countryside
(d) The colonial nation
8. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Those who fled to the cities
(c) Those in their communities
(d) Other rural peasants
9. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
10. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(b) They are smarter
(c) They know the land better
(d) Their military might
11. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(b) Traditional religions
(d) Mass migration
12. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
(a) Militaristic action
(b) Give up and go home
(c) Concede more governmental representation
(d) Retreat until they can regroup
13. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
14. What was the rebellion in Kenya called?
(a) Tasmania rebellion
(b) Massa rebellion
(c) Mau-Mau rebellion
(d) Skyre rebellion
15. Colonization robs the native of what?
(b) Danger and excitement
(c) Ability to serve
(d) Human rights
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
2. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
3. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
4. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
5. The settlers see the natives as what?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)