|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(d) Fewer resources
2. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
3. Natives know that only what can free them?
4. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
5. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The inferiority of the natives
(b) The settlers' effect on society
(c) The evil nature of humans
(d) The need for gun control
6. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
7. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The oppression of the natives
(b) Giving up all violence
(c) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(d) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
8. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(a) Home ownership
9. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Those who fled to the cities
(b) Other rural peasants
(c) Those in their communities
10. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) Fewer resources
(b) More wealth
(c) Less equipment
(d) More poverty
11. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(a) Intellectual elite
12. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(b) Social justice
13. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Apathy and uncaring
(b) Acceptance and commitment
(c) Fanfare and celebration
(d) Knives and guns
14. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(b) Abandoning colonialism
(c) Their superiority
(d) The resources in Europe
15. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Christian missionaries
(b) Kenyan elders
(c) Russian forces
(d) United States foreign aid workers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
2. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
3. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
4. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
5. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)