|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The secret to their successes
(b) Tribal and folk customs
(c) The roads to the cities
(d) Their stores of wealth
2. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(b) Rural peasants
(c) Local chiefs
3. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(a) The colonial nation
(b) Neighboring countries
(d) The countryside
4. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) More wealth
(b) Less equipment
(c) More poverty
(d) Fewer resources
5. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
6. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Workers and the poor
(b) Old and young
(c) Urban and rural dwellers
(d) Men and women
7. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Given better lives
(b) Cheated and exploited
(c) Taken on a ride
(d) Ignored and forgotten
8. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(b) New Zealand
9. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(a) Social justice
10. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Young natives
(b) Less educated natives
(c) Elite bourgeoisie
(d) Rural people
11. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Non-violent protests
(b) Guerrilla warfare
(d) Nuclear attack
12. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
13. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Intellectual elites
(b) Colonial powers
(c) Rural peasants
(d) Urban individuals
14. Natives know that only what can free them?
15. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
2. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
3. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
4. What does Fanon call the rural people?
5. The settlers see the natives as what?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)