|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Those in their communities
(b) Those who fled to the cities
(d) Other rural peasants
2. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(b) Machine gun
(d) Nuclear bomb
3. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The evil nature of humans
(b) The inferiority of the natives
(c) The settlers' effect on society
(d) The need for gun control
4. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Malice and mainstreaming
(b) Disgust and determination
(c) Anger and apathy
(d) Resentment and revenge
5. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The acceptance of the situation
(b) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(c) The knowledge that nothing will change
(d) A need to let off steam
6. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The roads to the cities
(b) Their stores of wealth
(c) The secret to their successes
(d) Tribal and folk customs
7. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Elite bourgeoisie
(b) Young natives
(c) Less educated natives
(d) Rural people
8. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They are smarter
(b) They know the land better
(c) Their military might
(d) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
9. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Ignored and forgotten
(b) Cheated and exploited
(c) Taken on a ride
(d) Given better lives
10. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(b) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(c) Quietly serve
(d) Get rid of the settler's values
11. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(d) Social justice
12. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(b) Selling out
(c) Peaceful negotiation
13. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(b) New Zealand
14. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
15. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(b) Giving up all violence
(c) The oppression of the natives
(d) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
3. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
4. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
5. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)