|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
2. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
3. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
6. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
7. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
8. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Guerrilla warfare
(b) Non-violent protests
(d) Nuclear attack
9. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(a) The colonial nation
(b) The countryside
(c) Neighboring countries
10. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Ubran areas
(b) Inner cities
(d) Rural areas
11. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
12. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The effects of colonization
(b) The colonialist powers
(c) Their own inferiority
(d) The futility of the situation
13. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
(a) The strengths of his own culture
(b) The strengths of the government
(c) The strengths of the settlers' society
(d) The strengths of migration
14. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Fewer resources
(d) Pride in the revolution
15. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The roads to the cities
(b) Their stores of wealth
(c) The secret to their successes
(d) Tribal and folk customs
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
2. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
3. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
4. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
5. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)