|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) Their military might
(b) They are smarter
(c) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(d) They know the land better
2. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) Tribal and folk customs
(b) The roads to the cities
(c) The secret to their successes
(d) Their stores of wealth
3. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Love and peace
(b) Fear and apathy
(c) Power and greed
(d) Determination and courage
4. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Kenyan elders
(b) United States foreign aid workers
(c) Christian missionaries
(d) Russian forces
5. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
6. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
7. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(a) Native rulers
(c) The UN
8. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Old and young
(b) Urban and rural dwellers
(c) Men and women
(d) Workers and the poor
9. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Inner cities
(b) Ubran areas
(c) Rural areas
10. Natives know that only what can free them?
11. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
12. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(b) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(c) Giving up all violence
(d) The oppression of the natives
13. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Human rights
(c) Ability to serve
(d) Danger and excitement
14. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Anger and apathy
(b) Disgust and determination
(c) Malice and mainstreaming
(d) Resentment and revenge
15. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
(a) Colonialist reaction
(b) The death of colonial rule
(d) A retreat by the rebels
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
2. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
3. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
4. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
5. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)