Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1, Concerning Violence
1. How does Frantz Fanon's approach differ from Martin Luther King's?
2. What is colonization, according to Fanon? What are the effects of colonization?
3. What is the colonial system like for native peoples?
4. What happens as the native approaches the stage of decolonization?
5. Who tries to block or resist the native/rebel, according to Fanon?
6. Why does native-on-native violence increase?
7. How does Fanon believe that dance relates to the oppression of colonialism?
This section contains 858 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)