|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
(b) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(c) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(d) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
2. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
3. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Reducing crime
(b) Its own profit
(c) Perpetuating the nation
(d) The empowerment of its citizens
4. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
5. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
2. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
3. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
4. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
5. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)