|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
(a) Support colonialism
(b) Create pieces for the colonialist
(c) Work in the government
(d) Depict the contemporary real world
2. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Other rural peasants
(c) Those who fled to the cities
(d) Those in their communities
3. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Ubran areas
(c) Inner cities
(d) Rural areas
4. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Economic interest
(b) Fear of the colonialists
(d) Personal interests
5. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(b) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(c) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
(d) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
2. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
3. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
4. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
5. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)