|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(b) Selling out
(d) Peaceful negotiation
2. What was the rebellion in Kenya called?
(a) Mau-Mau rebellion
(b) Massa rebellion
(c) Skyre rebellion
(d) Tasmania rebellion
3. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
(b) Learning the colonial culture
(c) A break from the colonial culture
(d) A cooptation of colonial culture
4. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(a) Intellectual elite
5. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
(b) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
(c) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
(d) That the natives have added to European culture
Short Answer Questions
1. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
2. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
3. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)