|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon describes be-bop music as a music of what?
(a) Ballroom dancing
2. Where should the new government be seated?
(a) The country
(b) A small city
(c) The largest city
(d) In the colonial nation
3. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(a) Relief that the natives want self-rule
(b) Concern about preventing massacres
(d) Feigned deep concern
4. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) The benevolence of the colonists
(b) A desire to give the natives power
(c) The native struggle
5. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
2. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
3. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
4. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
5. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)