|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Greater power
(b) Utopian societies
(c) Liberation from colonialism
(d) Western influence
2. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(b) The poor
(c) Young people
3. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Ability to serve
(c) Danger and excitement
(d) Human rights
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) A need to let off steam
(b) The knowledge that nothing will change
(c) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(d) The acceptance of the situation
5. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
Short Answer Questions
1. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
2. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
3. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
4. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
5. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)