|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Colonial powers
(b) Intellectual elites
(c) Urban individuals
(d) Rural peasants
2. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Fear and apathy
(b) Power and greed
(c) Love and peace
(d) Determination and courage
3. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Take money from the Europeans
(b) Assimilate to their culture
(c) Rule over the land
(d) Starve to death
4. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(d) Home ownership
5. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) The empowerment of its citizens
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Its own profit
(d) Perpetuating the nation
Short Answer Questions
1. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
2. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
3. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
4. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
5. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)