|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(a) A dictatorship
(b) A democracy
2. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The lower sector
(b) The advertising sector
(c) The intermediary sector
(d) The manufacturing sector
3. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Permission from the colonialists
(b) Research into the pre-existing native culture
(c) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(d) Burying the past
4. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Colonial rule
(c) Fear of death
(d) Ancient feuds
5. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
(b) National vision
(d) Religious doctrine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
2. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
3. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
4. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
5. Where should the new government be seated?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)