|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(d) Racial discrimination
2. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Ancient feuds
(c) Colonial rule
(d) Fear of death
3. Colonization robs the native of what?
(b) Human rights
(c) Ability to serve
(d) Danger and excitement
4. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To make the most money
(b) To give in to the colonialists
(c) To protect themselves
(d) To stay in touch with the people
5. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) Less equipment
(b) More wealth
(c) Fewer resources
(d) More poverty
Short Answer Questions
1. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
2. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
3. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
4. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
5. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)