|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The middle class
(c) The national political party
(d) The rural peasants
2. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The advertising sector
(b) The lower sector
(c) The manufacturing sector
(d) The intermediary sector
3. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(c) Nuclear bomb
(d) Machine gun
4. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The evil nature of humans
(b) The need for gun control
(c) The settlers' effect on society
(d) The inferiority of the natives
5. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Ignored and forgotten
(b) Taken on a ride
(c) Cheated and exploited
(d) Given better lives
Short Answer Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
2. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
3. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
4. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
5. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)