|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) Abandoning colonialism
(b) Their superiority
(c) The resources in Europe
(d) The toil and sacrifice of natives
2. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
(a) Their forbears did the best they could to resist colonialism
(b) Their forbears gave up in the fight
(c) The colonial power will never be fully defeated
(d) The colonial power will regroup and be back
3. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(c) Social movements
4. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
(a) It is no longer needed
(b) It is cut off from the people
(c) It becomes too much like the colonial power
(d) The colonial power forces it to
5. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More work and output
(b) More dedication to the colonial power
(c) More sacrifice for the nation
(d) More revolutionary feelings
Short Answer Questions
1. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
2. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
3. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
4. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
5. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)