|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(b) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(c) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(d) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
2. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Russian forces
(b) Kenyan elders
(c) United States foreign aid workers
(d) Christian missionaries
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Commerce
(b) Ministry of Labor
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Defense
4. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Its own profit
(b) The empowerment of its citizens
(c) Reducing crime
(d) Perpetuating the nation
5. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) A desire to give the natives power
(c) The native struggle
(d) The benevolence of the colonists
Short Answer Questions
1. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
2. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
3. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
4. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
5. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)