|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Use the colonial culture
(b) Emmigrate from the country
(c) Rouse others to fight the enemy
(d) Have others abandon the native culture
2. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(b) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(c) Giving up all violence
(d) The oppression of the natives
3. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
4. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The colonial power's poor
(b) The revolutionary leaders
(c) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(d) The rural peasants
5. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
Short Answer Questions
1. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
2. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
3. The settlers see the natives as what?
4. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
5. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)