|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(c) Home ownership
2. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More dedication to the colonial power
(b) More sacrifice for the nation
(c) More work and output
(d) More revolutionary feelings
3. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To strengthen the national consciousness
(b) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(c) For the good of all the people
(d) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
4. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) The workers
(b) The intellectual elite
(c) Those in rural areas
(d) Simple folk
5. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
(a) The strengths of the settlers' society
(b) The strengths of the government
(c) The strengths of his own culture
(d) The strengths of migration
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
2. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
3. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
4. What does Fanon call the rural people?
5. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)