|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(b) They know the land better
(c) Their military might
(d) They are smarter
2. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Government officials
(b) Labor unions
(d) Upper class
3. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Rule over the land
(b) Assimilate to their culture
(c) Take money from the Europeans
(d) Starve to death
4. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Colonial rule
(b) Ancient feuds
(c) Fear of death
5. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Reducing crime
(b) Perpetuating the nation
(c) The empowerment of its citizens
(d) Its own profit
Short Answer Questions
1. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
2. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
3. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
4. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
5. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)