|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) Tribal and folk customs
(b) The secret to their successes
(c) The roads to the cities
(d) Their stores of wealth
2. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Old and young
(b) Men and women
(c) Workers and the poor
(d) Urban and rural dwellers
3. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
4. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) Staying out of international trouble
(b) Building up capitalism
(c) Reducing crime
(d) A real need of the people
5. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
(a) Colonialist reaction
(b) The death of colonial rule
(d) A retreat by the rebels
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
2. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
3. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
4. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
5. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)