|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Supress the masses
(b) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(c) Leave the colonial power in control
(d) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
2. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The suburbs
(b) The cities
(c) The ghetto fringe
(d) The country
3. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Urban individuals
(b) Rural peasants
(c) Intellectual elites
(d) Colonial powers
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(b) Personal interests
(c) Economic interest
(d) Fear of the colonialists
Short Answer Questions
1. What sustains the rebel cause?
2. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
3. What may rural peasants guard?
4. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
5. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)