|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
2. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
3. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Ignored and forgotten
(b) Cheated and exploited
(c) Taken on a ride
(d) Given better lives
4. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Intellectual elites
(b) Rural peasants
(c) Colonial powers
(d) Urban individuals
5. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The country
(b) The intellectual elites
(c) The bourgeoisie
(d) The colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
2. Colonization robs the native of what?
3. What does Fanon call the rural people?
4. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
5. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)