|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
2. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) They vent their frustrations on one another
(b) To spite the white settlers
(c) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(d) To hurt other people
3. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The manufacturing sector
(b) The intermediary sector
(c) The advertising sector
(d) The lower sector
4. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Nuclear attack
(b) Non-violent protests
(c) Guerrilla warfare
5. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Malice and mainstreaming
(b) Disgust and determination
(c) Anger and apathy
(d) Resentment and revenge
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
2. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
3. Where should the new government be seated?
4. What may rural peasants guard?
5. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)