|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Its own profit
(b) Perpetuating the nation
(c) The empowerment of its citizens
(d) Reducing crime
2. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They know the land better
(b) Their military might
(c) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(d) They are smarter
3. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Given better lives
(b) Taken on a ride
(c) Ignored and forgotten
(d) Cheated and exploited
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(b) A need to let off steam
(c) The knowledge that nothing will change
(d) The acceptance of the situation
5. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
2. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
3. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
4. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
5. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)