|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(b) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
(c) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(d) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
2. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They know the land better
(b) They are smarter
(c) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(d) Their military might
3. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) Those in rural areas
(b) The intellectual elite
(c) The workers
(d) Simple folk
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The acceptance of the situation
(b) The knowledge that nothing will change
(c) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(d) A need to let off steam
5. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
(a) The national political party
(b) The colonial power
(c) The rural peasants
(d) The middle class
Short Answer Questions
1. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
2. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
3. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
4. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
5. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)