|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Personal interests
(b) Fear of the colonialists
(d) Economic interest
2. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Danger and excitement
(c) Human rights
(d) Ability to serve
3. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
4. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Fear of death
(c) Colonial rule
(d) Ancient feuds
5. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To spite the white settlers
(b) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(c) To hurt other people
(d) They vent their frustrations on one another
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
2. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
3. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
4. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
5. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)