|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(a) The UN
(d) Native rulers
2. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
(a) Militaristic action
(b) Give up and go home
(c) Retreat until they can regroup
(d) Concede more governmental representation
3. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
(a) That the future is their own
(b) The equality in the nation
(c) The colonial power
(d) The corruption in the nation
4. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(b) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(c) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
(d) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
5. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(c) Traditional religions
(d) Mass migration
Short Answer Questions
1. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
2. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
3. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
4. The colonial middle class lacks what?
5. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)