|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(b) To hurt other people
(c) They vent their frustrations on one another
(d) To spite the white settlers
2. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More dedication to the colonial power
(b) More sacrifice for the nation
(c) More revolutionary feelings
(d) More work and output
3. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The rural peasants
(b) The colonial power's poor
(c) The revolutionary leaders
(d) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
4. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Russian forces
(b) Christian missionaries
(c) United States foreign aid workers
(d) Kenyan elders
5. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(a) Their government
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
2. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
3. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
4. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
5. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)