|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
2. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Malice and mainstreaming
(b) Anger and apathy
(c) Resentment and revenge
(d) Disgust and determination
3. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The lower sector
(b) The manufacturing sector
(c) The advertising sector
(d) The intermediary sector
4. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(a) Regional and tribal interests
(b) Demands from other countries
(c) Loyalty to the colonialists
5. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(b) Fewer resources
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
2. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
4. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
5. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)