|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
2. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Culture
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Labor
(d) Ministry of Commerce
3. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
(a) The middle class
(b) The rural peasants
(c) The colonial power
(d) The national political party
4. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(b) For the good of all the people
(c) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(d) To strengthen the national consciousness
5. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
(b) It stayed the same
(c) It decreased by ten percent
Short Answer Questions
1. The colonial middle class lacks what?
2. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
3. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
4. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
5. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)