|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Those in their communities
(b) Those who fled to the cities
(d) Other rural peasants
2. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
3. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Ancient feuds
(b) Fear of death
(c) Colonial rule
4. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Anger and apathy
(b) Malice and mainstreaming
(c) Resentment and revenge
(d) Disgust and determination
5. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The oppression of the natives
(b) Giving up all violence
(c) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(d) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
Short Answer Questions
1. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
2. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
3. What does Fanon call the rural people?
4. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
5. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)