|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To spite the white settlers
(b) They vent their frustrations on one another
(c) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(d) To hurt other people
2. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
3. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
4. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
5. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Government officials
(b) Upper class
(d) Labor unions
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
2. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
3. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
4. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
5. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)