|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(c) New Zealand
2. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The ghetto fringes of the cities
(b) The government buildings
(c) The colonial nation
(d) The colonialists' mansions
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) United States foreign aid workers
(b) Christian missionaries
(c) Russian forces
(d) Kenyan elders
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
2. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
3. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
4. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
5. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)