|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The secret to their successes
(b) The roads to the cities
(c) Their stores of wealth
(d) Tribal and folk customs
2. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(b) Colonial rule
(c) Fear of death
(d) Ancient feuds
3. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(b) Fewer resources
(c) Pride in the revolution
4. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(c) Their government
5. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Acceptance and commitment
(b) Fanfare and celebration
(c) Knives and guns
(d) Apathy and uncaring
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
2. What sustains the rebel cause?
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
5. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)