|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(b) The poor
(d) Young people
2. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(b) Selling out
(d) Peaceful negotiation
3. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Christian missionaries
(b) Russian forces
(c) Kenyan elders
(d) United States foreign aid workers
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(b) A need to let off steam
(c) The acceptance of the situation
(d) The knowledge that nothing will change
5. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Colonial powers
(b) Intellectual elites
(c) Rural peasants
(d) Urban individuals
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
2. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
3. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)