|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To spite the white settlers
(b) To hurt other people
(c) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(d) They vent their frustrations on one another
2. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Less educated natives
(b) Young natives
(c) Elite bourgeoisie
(d) Rural people
3. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) Their own inferiority
(b) The futility of the situation
(c) The effects of colonization
(d) The colonialist powers
4. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
5. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
(a) Promote unity between the native peoples
(b) Let another colonial power take over
(c) Placate the rebels
(d) Use nuclear weapons
Short Answer Questions
1. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
2. Natives know that only what can free them?
3. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
4. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
5. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)