|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
2. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Colonial rule
(c) Ancient feuds
(d) Fear of death
3. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) Their stores of wealth
(b) The roads to the cities
(c) The secret to their successes
(d) Tribal and folk customs
4. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(a) Traditional religions
(d) Mass migration
5. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Russia
(b) Iran and Iraq
(c) The United States and Korea
(d) France and Algeria
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
2. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
3. Colonization robs the native of what?
4. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
5. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)