|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
2. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Take money from the Europeans
(b) Assimilate to their culture
(c) Rule over the land
(d) Starve to death
3. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Nuclear attack
(b) Non-violent protests
(c) Guerrilla warfare
4. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
5. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(b) Nuclear bomb
(c) Machine gun
Short Answer Questions
1. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
2. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
3. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
5. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)