|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(b) Fear of death
(c) Ancient feuds
(d) Colonial rule
2. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Those in their communities
(b) Other rural peasants
(c) Those who fled to the cities
3. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) Their superiority
(b) The resources in Europe
(c) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(d) Abandoning colonialism
4. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Rural people
(b) Elite bourgeoisie
(c) Less educated natives
(d) Young natives
5. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Anger and apathy
(b) Disgust and determination
(c) Resentment and revenge
(d) Malice and mainstreaming
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
2. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
3. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)