|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The inferiority of the natives
(b) The evil nature of humans
(c) The need for gun control
(d) The settlers' effect on society
2. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Rural peasants
(b) Urban individuals
(c) Intellectual elites
(d) Colonial powers
3. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) Iran and Iraq
(b) France and Algeria
(c) The United States and Korea
(d) The United States and Russia
4. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They are smarter
(b) Their military might
(c) They know the land better
(d) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
5. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
2. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
5. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)