|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Less educated natives
(b) Rural people
(c) Elite bourgeoisie
(d) Young natives
2. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Fanfare and celebration
(b) Apathy and uncaring
(c) Knives and guns
(d) Acceptance and commitment
3. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
(a) Inner cities
(c) Rural areas
(d) Ubran areas
4. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
(a) The strengths of the government
(b) The strengths of migration
(c) The strengths of his own culture
(d) The strengths of the settlers' society
5. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(d) Their government
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
2. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
3. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
4. What does Fanon call the rural people?
5. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)