|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) The native struggle
(b) A desire to give the natives power
(d) The benevolence of the colonists
2. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) Their military might
(b) They are smarter
(c) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(d) They know the land better
3. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) Giving up all violence
(b) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(c) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(d) The oppression of the natives
4. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Economic interest
(b) Fear of the colonialists
(c) Personal interests
5. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(c) Mass migration
(d) Traditional religions
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
2. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
3. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
4. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
5. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)