|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
2. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
3. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Urban and rural dwellers
(b) Old and young
(c) Workers and the poor
(d) Men and women
4. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Disgust and determination
(b) Resentment and revenge
(c) Malice and mainstreaming
(d) Anger and apathy
5. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Ancient feuds
(c) Colonial rule
(d) Fear of death
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonization robs the native of what?
2. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
3. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
4. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
5. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)