|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(b) They know the land better
(c) They are smarter
(d) Their military might
2. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
3. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(c) Social justice
4. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Cheated and exploited
(b) Given better lives
(c) Taken on a ride
(d) Ignored and forgotten
5. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(d) Selling out
Short Answer Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
2. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
5. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)