|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The evil nature of humans
(b) The inferiority of the natives
(c) The need for gun control
(d) The settlers' effect on society
2. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
3. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The effects of colonization
(b) The futility of the situation
(c) The colonialist powers
(d) Their own inferiority
4. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
5. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(c) Selling out
Short Answer Questions
1. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
2. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
3. Colonization robs the native of what?
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
5. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)