|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(a) Young people
(b) The poor
2. Natives know that only what can free them?
3. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) A need to let off steam
(b) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(c) The knowledge that nothing will change
(d) The acceptance of the situation
4. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
5. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To hurt other people
(b) They vent their frustrations on one another
(c) To spite the white settlers
(d) The settlers force them to commit these acts
Short Answer Questions
1. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
2. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
3. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
4. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
5. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)