|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(d) Selling out
2. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(b) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(c) Giving up all violence
(d) The oppression of the natives
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Fanfare and celebration
(b) Apathy and uncaring
(c) Knives and guns
(d) Acceptance and commitment
5. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) The intellectual elite
(b) Those in rural areas
(c) The workers
(d) Simple folk
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
2. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
3. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
4. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
5. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)