|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(b) Native rulers
(c) The UN
2. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The need for gun control
(b) The evil nature of humans
(c) The inferiority of the natives
(d) The settlers' effect on society
3. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Fanfare and celebration
(b) Apathy and uncaring
(c) Knives and guns
(d) Acceptance and commitment
5. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
(a) The strengths of the government
(b) The strengths of migration
(c) The strengths of the settlers' society
(d) The strengths of his own culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
2. Colonization robs the native of what?
3. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
4. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
5. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)