|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) Their own inferiority
(b) The futility of the situation
(c) The effects of colonization
(d) The colonialist powers
2. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Knives and guns
(b) Acceptance and commitment
(c) Fanfare and celebration
(d) Apathy and uncaring
3. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
4. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
5. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) Their superiority
(b) Abandoning colonialism
(c) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(d) The resources in Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
2. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
3. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
4. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
5. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)