|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
2. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They are smarter
(b) Their military might
(c) They know the land better
(d) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
3. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Ability to serve
(c) Danger and excitement
(d) Human rights
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Fanfare and celebration
(b) Knives and guns
(c) Acceptance and commitment
(d) Apathy and uncaring
5. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(b) The acceptance of the situation
(c) The knowledge that nothing will change
(d) A need to let off steam
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
2. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
3. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
4. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
5. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)