|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(b) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(c) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(d) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
2. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
3. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) They vent their frustrations on one another
(b) To hurt other people
(c) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(d) To spite the white settlers
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Apathy and uncaring
(b) Fanfare and celebration
(c) Acceptance and commitment
(d) Knives and guns
5. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) The intellectual elite
(b) The workers
(c) Simple folk
(d) Those in rural areas
Short Answer Questions
1. Natives know that only what can free them?
2. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
3. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
4. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
5. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)