|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) France and Algeria
(b) The United States and Russia
(c) The United States and Korea
(d) Iran and Iraq
2. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They know the land better
(b) Their military might
(c) They are smarter
(d) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
3. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(b) The UN
(c) Native rulers
4. Natives know that only what can free them?
5. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
2. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
3. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
4. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
5. The settlers see the natives as what?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)