|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
2. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(c) The UN
(d) Native rulers
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(b) Their superiority
(c) Abandoning colonialism
(d) The resources in Europe
5. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Take money from the Europeans
(b) Rule over the land
(c) Starve to death
(d) Assimilate to their culture
Short Answer Questions
1. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
2. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
3. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
4. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
5. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)