|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
2. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(a) Traditional religions
(b) Mass migration
3. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(b) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
(c) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(d) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
4. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(b) The UN
(c) Native rulers
5. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Starve to death
(b) Rule over the land
(c) Take money from the Europeans
(d) Assimilate to their culture
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
2. The settlers see the natives as what?
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
4. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
5. Natives know that only what can free them?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)