|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) Their military might
(b) They know the land better
(c) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(d) They are smarter
2. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(a) Their government
4. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) Iran and Iraq
(b) France and Algeria
(c) The United States and Korea
(d) The United States and Russia
5. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
2. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
3. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
4. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
5. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)