|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
2. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
3. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(c) Selling out
(d) Peaceful negotiation
4. Natives know that only what can free them?
5. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Russia
(b) The United States and Korea
(c) Iran and Iraq
(d) France and Algeria
Short Answer Questions
1. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
2. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
3. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
4. The settlers see the natives as what?
5. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)