|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
2. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
(a) The intellectual elite
(b) Those in rural areas
(c) Simple folk
(d) The workers
3. Colonization robs the native of what?
(a) Human rights
(b) Danger and excitement
(d) Ability to serve
4. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) Giving up all violence
(b) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(c) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(d) The oppression of the natives
5. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They know the land better
(b) Their military might
(c) They are smarter
(d) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
Short Answer Questions
1. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
2. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
3. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
4. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
5. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)