|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
2. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Taken on a ride
(b) Ignored and forgotten
(c) Given better lives
(d) Cheated and exploited
3. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) The resources in Europe
(b) Their superiority
(c) Abandoning colonialism
(d) The toil and sacrifice of natives
4. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
5. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(b) Get rid of the settler's values
(c) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(d) Quietly serve
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
2. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
3. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
4. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
5. The settlers see the natives as what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)