|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(b) To spite the white settlers
(c) They vent their frustrations on one another
(d) To hurt other people
2. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Given better lives
(b) Ignored and forgotten
(c) Cheated and exploited
(d) Taken on a ride
3. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Russia
(b) The United States and Korea
(c) Iran and Iraq
(d) France and Algeria
4. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Selling out
(c) Peaceful negotiation
5. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Quietly serve
(b) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(c) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(d) Get rid of the settler's values
Short Answer Questions
1. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
2. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
3. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
4. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
5. The settlers see the natives as what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)