Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Concerning Violence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(b) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(c) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(d) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
2. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) To spite the white settlers
(b) They vent their frustrations on one another
(c) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(d) To hurt other people
3. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Acceptance and commitment
(b) Apathy and uncaring
(c) Knives and guns
(d) Fanfare and celebration
4. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
(a) Ignored and forgotten
(b) Given better lives
(c) Cheated and exploited
(d) Taken on a ride
5. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
2. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
3. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
4. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
5. The settlers see the natives as what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)