|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
2. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
(c) New Zealand
3. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
(a) Guerrilla warfare
(b) Non-violent protests
(c) Nuclear attack
4. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Young natives
(b) Less educated natives
(c) Elite bourgeoisie
(d) Rural people
5. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Old and young
(b) Urban and rural dwellers
(c) Workers and the poor
(d) Men and women
Short Answer Questions
1. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
2. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
3. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
5. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)