|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(b) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(c) Giving up all violence
(d) The oppression of the natives
2. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The acceptance of the situation
(b) A need to let off steam
(c) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(d) The knowledge that nothing will change
3. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
(b) Social justice
4. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Fear of death
(b) Ancient feuds
(c) Colonial rule
5. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(d) Their government
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic did the rebel leaders in Angola turn it after the savage counter-attack?
2. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
3. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
4. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
5. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)