|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
(a) Other rural peasants
(c) Those in their communities
(d) Those who fled to the cities
2. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(b) The knowledge that nothing will change
(c) A need to let off steam
(d) The acceptance of the situation
3. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) They vent their frustrations on one another
(b) To spite the white settlers
(c) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(d) To hurt other people
4. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(b) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(c) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(d) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
5. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
(a) Mass migration
(b) Traditional religions
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
2. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
3. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
4. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
5. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)