|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
(a) The settlers force them to commit these acts
(b) They vent their frustrations on one another
(c) To spite the white settlers
(d) To hurt other people
2. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(b) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(c) Get rid of the settler's values
(d) Quietly serve
3. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
4. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
5. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Nuclear bomb
(b) Machine gun
Short Answer Questions
1. When the native become discontent with the settlers' society, what does the native rediscover?
2. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
3. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
4. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
5. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)