|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(a) Intellectual elite
2. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Elite bourgeoisie
(b) Less educated natives
(c) Rural people
(d) Young natives
3. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
(a) The death of colonial rule
(c) Colonialist reaction
(d) A retreat by the rebels
4. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(b) A desire to give the natives power
(c) The native struggle
(d) The benevolence of the colonists
5. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
2. Natives know that only what can free them?
3. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
4. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
5. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)