|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
2. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) International corporations and the colonial power
(b) The UN and the native population
(c) Natives and the new colonial power
(d) International corporations and the native population
3. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Perpetuating the nation
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Its own profit
(d) The empowerment of its citizens
4. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
(b) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(c) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(d) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
5. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(c) Home ownership
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonization robs the native of what?
2. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
3. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
4. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
5. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)