|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
(c) Unhappy with their position
(d) Loyal to the colonialists
2. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
(a) The acceptance of the situation
(b) The dream of overthrowing the oppressor
(c) The knowledge that nothing will change
(d) A need to let off steam
5. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
2. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
3. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
4. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
5. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)