|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
2. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(b) The elderly
(c) Young people
(d) Loyal colonialists
3. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Power and greed
(b) Determination and courage
(c) Love and peace
(d) Fear and apathy
4. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
(a) Unhappy with their position
(b) Loyal to the colonialists
5. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
2. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
3. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
4. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
5. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)