|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
(b) Leave the colonial power in control
(c) Supress the masses
(d) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
2. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(b) Loyal colonialists
(c) The elderly
(d) Young people
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) International corporations and the native population
(b) The UN and the native population
(c) Natives and the new colonial power
(d) International corporations and the colonial power
5. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
(a) The corruption in the nation
(b) That the future is their own
(c) The equality in the nation
(d) The colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
2. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
3. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
4. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)