|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The effects of colonization
(b) The colonialist powers
(c) Their own inferiority
(d) The futility of the situation
2. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
3. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Old and young
(b) Men and women
(c) Workers and the poor
(d) Urban and rural dwellers
4. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Get rid of the settler's values
(b) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(c) Follow the rule of the colonizers
(d) Quietly serve
5. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Knives and guns
(b) Fanfare and celebration
(c) Acceptance and commitment
(d) Apathy and uncaring
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
2. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
3. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
4. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
5. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)