|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The bourgeoisie
(c) The intellectual elites
(d) The country
2. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) International corporations and the colonial power
(b) The UN and the native population
(c) International corporations and the native population
(d) Natives and the new colonial power
4. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(a) Young people
(b) The poor
5. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The advertising sector
(b) The manufacturing sector
(c) The intermediary sector
(d) The lower sector
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
2. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
3. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
4. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
5. The colonial middle class lacks what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)