|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(b) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
(c) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
(d) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(b) Fewer resources
(c) Pride in the revolution
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(c) Their government
4. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
5. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What remains after colonialism ends?
2. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
4. Natives know that only what can free them?
5. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)