|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
(a) The evil nature of humans
(b) The inferiority of the natives
(c) The need for gun control
(d) The settlers' effect on society
2. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
4. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
(a) Colonialist police
(b) Outside threats
(d) Other natives
5. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The suburbs
(b) The ghetto fringe
(c) The country
(d) The cities
Short Answer Questions
1. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
2. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
3. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
4. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
5. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)