|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(a) Loyal colonialists
(b) Young people
(d) The elderly
2. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Knives and guns
(b) Fanfare and celebration
(c) Apathy and uncaring
(d) Acceptance and commitment
3. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
4. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(d) Social movements
5. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Labor
(b) Ministry of Commerce
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Defense
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
2. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
3. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
4. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
5. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)