|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To protect themselves
(b) To stay in touch with the people
(c) To give in to the colonialists
(d) To make the most money
2. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
3. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(b) Fewer resources
(d) Pride in the revolution
4. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(b) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(c) For the good of all the people
(d) To strengthen the national consciousness
5. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
2. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
3. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
4. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
5. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)