|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Korea
(b) France and Algeria
(c) Iran and Iraq
(d) The United States and Russia
2. Which of the following words describes the colonial society according to Fannon?
3. The indigenous people value what according to Fanon?
4. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) The empowerment of its citizens
(b) Its own profit
(c) Reducing crime
(d) Perpetuating the nation
5. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The status quo
(b) The middle classes' leadership
(c) Their own native soil
(d) The colonialists' grapes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
2. In preparing to overthrow the colonial powers, the native will face threats from whom?
3. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
4. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)