|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(a) Ancient feuds
(c) Colonial rule
(d) Fear of death
2. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The suburbs
(b) The cities
(c) The ghetto fringe
(d) The country
3. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
4. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) International corporations and the colonial power
(b) Natives and the new colonial power
(c) International corporations and the native population
(d) The UN and the native population
5. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They are smarter
(b) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(c) They know the land better
(d) Their military might
Short Answer Questions
1. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
2. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
3. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
4. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
5. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)