|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Machine gun
(d) Nuclear bomb
2. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To stay in touch with the people
(b) To make the most money
(c) To protect themselves
(d) To give in to the colonialists
3. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(c) Selling out
4. The colonial middle class lacks what?
5. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) International corporations and the colonial power
(b) The UN and the native population
(c) Natives and the new colonial power
(d) International corporations and the native population
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
2. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
3. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)