|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) France and Algeria
(b) Iran and Iraq
(c) The United States and Russia
(d) The United States and Korea
2. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Culture
(b) Ministry of Labor
(c) Ministry of Defense
(d) Ministry of Commerce
3. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Urban and rural dwellers
(b) Workers and the poor
(c) Old and young
(d) Men and women
4. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) Tourist guides
(b) TV personalities
(c) Revolutionary leaders
5. What remains after colonialism ends?
(a) Revolutionary violence
(b) The disparities of wealth
(c) National unity and equality
(d) Loyalty to the colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
2. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
3. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
4. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
5. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)