|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Pitfalls of National Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(b) Native rulers
(c) The UN
2. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
3. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Government officials
(b) Upper class
(c) Labor unions
4. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The ghetto fringe
(b) The country
(c) The suburbs
(d) The cities
5. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(d) Home ownership
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
2. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
3. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
4. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
5. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)