|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) For the good of all the people
(b) To strengthen the national consciousness
(c) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(d) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
2. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) The UN and the native population
(b) Natives and the new colonial power
(c) International corporations and the native population
(d) International corporations and the colonial power
4. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
(b) That the natives have added to European culture
(c) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
(d) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
5. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(b) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(c) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(d) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
Short Answer Questions
1. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
2. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
3. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
4. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
5. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)