|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their economic status
(b) Their culture
(c) Their slave status
(d) Their relation with whites
2. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
3. What remains after colonialism ends?
(a) Revolutionary violence
(b) Loyalty to the colonial power
(c) National unity and equality
(d) The disparities of wealth
4. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(b) Fewer resources
(d) Pride in the revolution
5. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
(a) Work in the government
(b) Support colonialism
(c) Depict the contemporary real world
(d) Create pieces for the colonialist
Short Answer Questions
1. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
2. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
3. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
4. What may rural peasants guard?
5. What myth do the colonialists hold?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)