|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
2. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(d) To be a colonial power
3. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
(a) Their forbears gave up in the fight
(b) Their forbears did the best they could to resist colonialism
(c) The colonial power will never be fully defeated
(d) The colonial power will regroup and be back
4. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
5. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(a) Relief that the natives want self-rule
(b) Feigned deep concern
(d) Concern about preventing massacres
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
2. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
3. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
4. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
5. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)