|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Utopian societies
(b) Liberation from colonialism
(c) Greater power
(d) Western influence
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Fewer resources
(d) Pride in the revolution
3. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
4. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct types of exploitation
(b) Distinct views on colonialism
(c) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
(d) Distinct social problems
5. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(b) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(c) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
(d) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
2. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
3. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
4. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
5. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)