|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
2. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
3. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
(a) Rural peasants
(b) Colonial powers
(c) Intellectual elites
(d) Urban individuals
4. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(b) A dictatorship
(c) A democracy
5. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(b) The rural peasants
(c) The colonial power's poor
(d) The revolutionary leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
2. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
3. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
4. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
5. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)