|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The authentic artist hopes to create something of value for whom?
(b) The intellectual elite
(d) His countrymen
2. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To strengthen the national consciousness
(b) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(c) For the good of all the people
(d) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
3. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
4. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(a) Social movements
5. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Use the colonial culture
(b) Rouse others to fight the enemy
(c) Emmigrate from the country
(d) Have others abandon the native culture
Short Answer Questions
1. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
2. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
3. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
4. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
5. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)