|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
(b) Violent in expression
2. Which of the following is a former French colony?
(d) South Africa
3. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The colonialists' grapes
(b) Their own native soil
(c) The middle classes' leadership
(d) The status quo
4. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
(a) Placate the rebels
(b) Let another colonial power take over
(c) Use nuclear weapons
(d) Promote unity between the native peoples
5. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(b) A democracy
(d) A dictatorship
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
2. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
3. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
4. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
5. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)