|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(b) Local chiefs
(c) Rural peasants
2. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Ancient trade routes
(b) Religious rituals
(c) National consciousness
(d) Cultural writings
3. What does Fanon call the rural people?
(a) Intellectual elite
4. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(a) The countryside
(b) Neighboring countries
(d) The colonial nation
5. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
(a) The culture of other native groups
(b) The culture of the colonial country
(c) Distrust of anything new
(d) Fear of the past
Short Answer Questions
1. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
2. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
3. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
4. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
5. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)