|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
(b) That the natives have added to European culture
(c) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
(d) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
2. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
(a) The national political party
(b) The rural peasants
(c) The middle class
(d) The colonial power
3. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
4. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
(a) Fear of the past
(b) The culture of the colonial country
(c) Distrust of anything new
(d) The culture of other native groups
5. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
(b) Leave the colonial power in control
(c) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(d) Supress the masses
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
2. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
3. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
4. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
5. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)