|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Russian culture
(b) Southern culture
(c) Eastern culture
(d) Western culture
2. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Rural people
(b) Young natives
(c) Less educated natives
(d) Elite bourgeoisie
3. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The country
(b) The suburbs
(c) The cities
(d) The ghetto fringe
4. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(b) Socioeconomic statuses
(c) Types of exploitation
(d) Political goals
5. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
(a) Pride in the revolution
(c) Fewer resources
Short Answer Questions
1. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
2. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
3. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
4. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
5. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)