|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More sacrifice for the nation
(b) More work and output
(c) More revolutionary feelings
(d) More dedication to the colonial power
2. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(b) Social movements
3. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
(a) Support colonialism
(b) Create pieces for the colonialist
(c) Depict the contemporary real world
(d) Work in the government
4. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Ignores the natives
(b) Reacts with a reign of terror
(c) Gives more concessions to the natives
(d) Leaves the country before violence can occur
5. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Workers and the poor
(b) Old and young
(c) Men and women
(d) Urban and rural dwellers
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
3. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
4. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
5. The colonial middle class lacks what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)