|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More dedication to the colonial power
(b) More sacrifice for the nation
(c) More work and output
(d) More revolutionary feelings
2. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
(a) Old and young
(b) Workers and the poor
(c) Men and women
(d) Urban and rural dwellers
3. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
4. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
5. Which of the following is a weapon used by the natives in the rebellion in Madagascar?
(a) Nuclear bomb
(c) Machine gun
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
2. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
3. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
4. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
5. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)