|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The colonial middle class lacks what?
2. Where should the new government be seated?
(a) In the colonial nation
(b) A small city
(c) The largest city
(d) The country
3. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct views on colonialism
(b) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
(c) Distinct types of exploitation
(d) Distinct social problems
4. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
5. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The lower sector
(b) The intermediary sector
(c) The manufacturing sector
(d) The advertising sector
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
2. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
3. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
4. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
5. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)