|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
(b) Colonial rule
(c) Fear of death
(d) Ancient feuds
2. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(a) Feigned deep concern
(b) Concern about preventing massacres
(d) Relief that the natives want self-rule
3. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The bourgeoisie
(b) The intellectual elites
(c) His own people
(d) The colonial society
4. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
5. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
Short Answer Questions
1. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
2. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
3. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
4. What becomes an authoritarian bureaucracy to pass directives from top to bottom?
5. Who do the national revolutionary political parties assume are too bogged down for the message of liberation?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)