|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The middle classes' leadership
(b) The status quo
(c) Their own native soil
(d) The colonialists' grapes
2. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Defense
(b) Ministry of Culture
(c) Ministry of Commerce
(d) Ministry of Labor
4. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
(a) Slow it down
(b) Speed it up
(c) Stagnate the movement
(d) Create tribal tensions
5. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(b) TV personalities
(c) Tourist guides
(d) Revolutionary leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
2. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
3. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
4. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
5. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)