|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The intellectual elites
(c) The country
(d) The bourgeoisie
2. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
3. The authentic artist hopes to create something of value for whom?
(a) The intellectual elite
(b) His countrymen
4. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The colonial nation
(b) The ghetto fringes of the cities
(c) The government buildings
(d) The colonialists' mansions
5. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Economic interest
(b) Personal interests
(c) Fear of the colonialists
Short Answer Questions
1. What may rural peasants guard?
2. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
3. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
4. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
5. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)