|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(a) Home ownership
2. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
(a) Colonial knowledge
(b) Wealth for the native
(c) Technology advances
(d) Basic human dignity
3. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
4. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
5. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Burying the past
(b) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(c) Permission from the colonialists
(d) Research into the pre-existing native culture
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fanon, what will be swept away in the first spontaneous rush of hope?
2. Fanon describes be-bop music as a music of what?
3. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
4. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
5. What does Fanon call the rural people?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)