|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Siddhartha sitting as he gained enlightenment?
(a) Under the bo tree.
(b) On the banks of the Ganges.
(c) On a royal throne.
(d) In a Hindu temple.
2. How did Confucius reject both the Realists and the Mohists?
(a) The first was status quo and the latter was experimental
(b) The first was too old and the latter was too innovative
(c) The first was too clumsy and external and the latter was too utopian
(d) The first was too formal and the latter was too undefined
3. What do (1) the brahmin, or seer; (2) the kshatriya, or administrator; (3) the vaishya, or producer; and (4) the shudra, or servant represent?
(a) The highest forms of yoga
(b) The divisions of monks
(c) The levels of education
(d) The stations of life
4. What is the central characteristic of the Sikh?
(a) The Sikh seeks unity with God through hard work.
(b) The Sikh seeks unity with God through money.
(c) The Sikh seeks unity with God through self denial.
(d) The Sikh seeks unity with God through love.
5. What is the most popular form of yoga and has the most followers?
(a) Batik yoga
(b) Braman yoga
(c) Back tree yoga
(d) Bhakti yoga
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical event occurred just as Confucius began teaching?
2. What did the Buddha write during his lifetime?
3. What is the viewpoint of the Theravada Buddhist?
4. What did Confucius stress about the elderly?
5. What was transformed into the diamond scepter of Buddhism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Huston Smith made his arbitrary decisions about what to include in his book.
2. What is the inherent problem with perceiving the natural world according to Hinduism?
3. How does Sri Ramakrishna explain the Hindu tolerance of other religions?
4. Describe Religious Taoism and how it accommodated the esoteric.
5. What is the symbolism of the rafts in Buddhism?
6. Explain something about the Atman.
7. How does Taoism look at the weak and the deformed?
8. What was the political condition in China as Confucius began his teaching?
9. What is the gist of Philosophical Taoism?
10. Describe briefly the character of Confucius.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)