|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tenet of Christianity is rejected by both Judaism and Islam?
(a) The idea that Jesus was from God
(b) The idea of the Trinity
(c) The idea that there is only one true religion
(d) The idea that God saves man
2. What two things became most important after Rome destroyed the temple in Jerusalem?
(a) The Rabbi and the synagogue
(b) The dispersion and Roman citizenship
(c) The traditions and the resistence
(d) The taxes and the Exodus
3. How do Jewish concepts appear compared with Hinduism?
(a) In some agreement
(c) In opposition
4. What revelation about God was made known through the Exodus?
(a) God's face and form
(b) God's capriciousness
(c) God's power and love
(d) God's changeableness
5. What is the contribution of the Torah and the Talmud?
(a) Preservation of art and literature
(b) Perpetuating Jewish history and language
(c) Great museum pieces
(d) Important confirmation of secular histories
6. How does the Australian aboriginal measure time?
(a) From sun up to sun down
(b) As everywhen in an unending procession
(c) By the phases of the moon
(d) By the migration of animals
7. What is the blend that makes up the Jewish interpretation of man?
(a) He is a blend of matter and energy.
(b) He is a blend of thought and action.
(c) He is a blend of animal and vegetable.
(d) He is a blend of dust and the divine.
8. What is the basis for Protestant belief?
(a) The Bible as the living word of God
(b) The great preachers who challenged Rome
(c) The denial of individual relationship with God
(d) The right of the church to change scripture
9. What three major world religions come from Abraham?
(a) Islam, Paganism, and Taoism
(b) Hinduism, Abramism, and Islam
(c) Christianity, Existentialism, and Islam
(d) Islam, Judaism, and Christianity
10. What teaching of Protestantism differs from Catholic doctrine?
(a) The importance of baptism
(b) Justification by faith
(c) The importance of church attendance
(d) The need for spiritual guidance
11. To the aboriginal, what is the purpose of the ancestors?
(a) To return one day to change things
(b) To remain aloof from the present
(c) To frighten the children when they misbehave
(d) To hold fast the present to tribal roots
12. What saves the Christian in spite of his imperfect nature?
(a) The blood of Christ
(b) The new name he bears
(c) The sign of the fish
(d) The ekklesia
13. How is al-qur'an divided?
(a) Into 99 chapters of varying lengths
(b) Into two parts of history and laws
(c) Into 114 chapters or surahs of varying lengths
(d) Into six books of equal length
14. What passion within the Jewish people did their conquest inspire?
(a) The passion for history
(b) The passion for freedom
(c) The passion for money
(d) The passion for war
15. What is the sect of Islam that is introspective and mystic?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the primal religion differentiate between place and space?
2. What was the major contribution to religion of the Israelite people?
3. What creates the theater of the primal religion handed down orally?
4. What does Huston Smith suggest as a better way to assess religions?
5. What was a major contribution of Muslim scholars?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)