|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX, The Primal Religions, Conclusion, | Chapter X, A Final Examination, The Relations between Religions,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has the Western mind often viewed the Path of Renunciation?
(a) As a life-denying spoilsport
(b) As the ultimate comparison to Christianity
(c) As the best Hinduism has to offer
(d) As an example of good ethics
2. How does the development of Buddhism parallel that of all major world religions?
(a) It began to wage war with non-believers.
(b) It went into immediate decline after the death of the Buddha.
(c) Hardly a century after the death of the Buddha it began to show signs of schism.
(d) It saw no period of hierarchical struggle.
3. What is the blend that makes up the Jewish interpretation of man?
(a) He is a blend of dust and the divine.
(b) He is a blend of animal and vegetable.
(c) He is a blend of matter and energy.
(d) He is a blend of thought and action.
4. What is the purpose of the Tao senses?
(a) Making an honest living
(b) Making judgments
(c) Waking up to reality
(d) Perfecting the te or power as it vitalizes the human being
5. What is the totem?
(a) An idol for offering sacrifices
(b) A heavy burden that the tribe must bear
(c) A tribal village name
(d) An animal species which comes to symbolize a life force
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things became most important after Rome destroyed the temple in Jerusalem?
2. What are the Hindu stages of life?
3. Why did Confucius earn the title of First Teacher?
4. Why does Huston Smith not discuss a comparison of religions as to superiority?
5. How did the Taoist church devise a way of harnessing higher power for human benefit?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)