|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX, The Primal Religions, Conclusion, | Chapter X, A Final Examination, The Relations between Religions,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is al-qur'an divided?
(a) Into six books of equal length
(b) Into two parts of history and laws
(c) Into 114 chapters or surahs of varying lengths
(d) Into 99 chapters of varying lengths
2. Why do primal religions draw no strict lines between the temporal and the spiritual?
(a) They are concerned with the preservation of natural and cosmic harmony.
(b) They are not sure which one they are in most of the time.
(c) They do not see a difference between the two at all.
(d) They do not have a concept of the spiritual.
3. Why is the question of "is this all" relevant to Hinduism?
(a) Because it affirms that there is far more to life than satisfying pleasures.
(b) Because Hinduism constantly demands more
(c) Because Hinduism has no beginning or ending
(d) Because Hinduism fails to give the answers to life's questions.
4. Who is Siddhartha Gautama of the Sakya?
(a) The founder of Sikhism.
(b) The author of the Hindu Vidas.
(c) The awakened one, the Buddha.
(d) The first Hindu.
5. In Taoism, what is the concept of wu wei?
(a) Reducing social friction to an absolute minimum
(b) Organizing religious thought
(c) The study of earth, wind, and fire
(d) Moving with the times
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the idea of the spirit in Hinduism?
2. How do Muslims justify Islam's history of aggressiveness?
3. As a chosen people, what were the Jews to do?
4. What is the irony of assigning god-like attributes to the Buddha?
5. How does Sri Ramakrishna illustrate the experience all the great world religions?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)