|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, Christianity, The Historical Jesus, | Chapter VIII, Christianity, The Christ of Faith, | Chapter VIII, Christianity, The End and the Beginning,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the length of Jesus' ministry best described?
(a) It was short and then he was crucified.
(b) It lasted thirty years and then he was crucified.
(c) It lasted four decades before he was crucified.
(d) It was cut short by his resurrection
2. What is the viewpoint of the Theravada Buddhist?
(a) It proposes a collective attempt to reach nirvana.
(b) It insists that the path to enlightenment is up to the individual.
(c) It denies the idea of reincarnation.
(d) It teaches that only monks can reach enlightenment.
3. What is the problem of explaining nirvana?
(a) It can only been reached after death.
(b) It is an untranslatable word.
(c) It has multiple meanings.
(d) To the unenlightened mind, it is vague.
4. What did the Buddha see as the downfall of men?
(b) His sinful nature
(c) Ignorance and not sin
(d) Rebellion against good
5. What is the Taoist outlook on good and evil?
(a) They are one and the same thing.
(b) They have nothing to do with yin/yang.
(c) They are representations of heaven and earth.
(d) They are not opposites but revolve around each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Taoists reject?
2. What was the avowed purpose of Jesus?
3. What were Jesus' words designed to cause people to do?
4. What is the follower of wu wei said to be able to do?
5. What did the Buddha write during his lifetime?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)