|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, Christianity, The Historical Jesus, | Chapter VIII, Christianity, The Christ of Faith, | Chapter VIII, Christianity, The End and the Beginning,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem of explaining nirvana?
(a) To the unenlightened mind, it is vague.
(b) It can only been reached after death.
(c) It has multiple meanings.
(d) It is an untranslatable word.
2. What appears to be a contradiction in Taoist thought?
(a) The ideas of reality and the supernatural
(b) The earthly versus the esoteric
(c) The three different senses
(d) The idea of teaching the unteachable
3. What was the avowed purpose of Jesus?
(a) To lead the Jews into world power
(b) To heal humanity
(c) To fight crime and slavery
(d) To destroy other relitions
4. What did the Buddha write during his lifetime?
(b) The Vidas
(c) The Buddhist Bible
(d) The Sangha
5. What is the objective of philosophical Taoism?
(a) Figuring out the complexities of living
(b) Quietude that is expressed as pure effectiveness in simplicity
(c) Making something useful for all humanity
(d) Reasoning things out by questions and answers
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the length of Jesus' ministry best described?
2. What is the Taoist outlook on good and evil?
3. What do the guidelines for right conduct in Buddhism resemble?
4. Who was the person from whom Christianity originated?
5. What is the viewpoint of the Theravada Buddhist?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)