|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VIII, Christianity, The Historical Jesus, | Chapter VIII, Christianity, The Christ of Faith, | Chapter VIII, Christianity, The End and the Beginning,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the follower of wu wei said to be able to do?
(a) Speak without speaking
(b) Dream without dreaming
(c) Think without thinking
(d) Work without working
2. What appears to be a contradiction in Taoist thought?
(a) The three different senses
(b) The earthly versus the esoteric
(c) The ideas of reality and the supernatural
(d) The idea of teaching the unteachable
3. At what point did Jesus' followers begin to accept him as God in human form?
(a) When he healed a blind man
(b) The first time they heard him speak
(c) When there was a massive earthquake
(d) Some time after his death
4. What area of the world did Christianity quickly take over?
(a) The Middle East
(b) Most of Asia
(c) The Americas
(d) The Mediterranean
5. What is it that Taoists reject?
(a) Work without working
(b) All forms of competition or ambition to stand out
(c) Group dynamics of equality
(d) Quietude as a means of simplifying life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real idea behind the three Taoist senses?
2. Who was the person from whom Christianity originated?
3. How is the length of Jesus' ministry best described?
4. What did the Buddha see as the downfall of men?
5. What was the avowed purpose of Jesus?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)