|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare the smell of witches to in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) The smell of dogs' droppings.
(b) The smell of a men's restroom.
(c) The smell of cooking bacon.
(d) The smell of rotten eggs.
2. Where does the narrator leave the empty bottle when he leaves the kitchen in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) On the work counter.
(b) Behind a saucepan.
(c) Behind the trashcan.
(d) In a chef's pocket.
3. What is Bruno wearing when he enters the Ballroom in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) A full-piece black suit.
(b) A yellow shirt and swim trunks.
(c) A gray Sunday suit.
(d) A white shirt and gray shorts.
4. How does the narrator describe the clientele of the Hotel Magnificent in "In the Kitchen"?
(d) Young and boisterous.
5. What word from the novel refers to a deep covered dish used for serving soup?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does the Grand High Witch take out once the narrator has been transformed into a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
2. What does the narrator use to tap on his hotel room door in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
3. How many doses of the Mouse-Maker is the narrator forced to drink in "Metamorphosis"?
4. What excuse does the narrator's grandmother give for what is found on the Grand High Witch's balcony in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
5. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma" that the Grand High Witch makes it a rule to do what at each Annual Meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Grand High Witch call on the elderly witches to raise their hands in "The Ancient Ones"?
2. How is the setting of the Dining Room described when the narrator's grandmother arrives there in "In the Kitchen"?
3. Where does the narrator find the vials in the Grand High Witch's room in "The Mouse-Burglar"? How does he obtain one of the vials?
4. What plan does the narrator develop in order to thwart the witches in "Hello Grandmamma"?
5. What happens when the narrator is discovered by the witches in "Metamorphosis"?
6. Who is Bruno Jenkins? What are the narrator's opinions of this character?
7. How is Bruno Jenkins' metamorphosis described in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
8. How does the narrator's grandmother respond when she sees his transformed appearance in "Hello Grandmamma"?
9. What exchange takes place between the Grand High Witch and the narrator's grandmother in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
10. How does the Grand High Witch detail the witches' agenda in "The Ancient Ones"?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)