|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what floor of the hotel does the narrator say his grandmother's room is in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) The 5th floor.
(b) The 2nd floor.
(c) The 3rd floor.
(d) The 4th floor.
2. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma" that the Grand High Witch makes it a rule to do what at each Annual Meeting?
(a) Fry at least one witch.
(b) Fry at least 10 witches.
(c) Kill at least two children.
(d) Present a new magical formula.
3. What is Bruno eating when the narrator finds him in the ballroom in "Bruno"?
(a) A fish-paste sandwich.
(b) A piece of chicken.
(c) A cupcake.
(d) A peanut-butter sandwich.
4. What is the narrator's room number at the hotel?
5. How does the narrator's grandmother transport the narrator and Bruno to the Lounge in “Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno”?
(a) She carries them in her pocket.
(b) She carries them in her handbag.
(c) She hides them in her wig.
(d) She carries them in a cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator hide when he flees from the witches as a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
2. Where does the narrator discover the vials of Mouse-Maker in the Grand High Witch's room in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
3. What is the name of the witch who catches scent of the narrator in “The Ancient Ones”?
4. With whom are the witches appointed to have tea after their meeting in "Metamorphosis"?
5. What does the narrator's grandmother claim children should never do in "Hello Grandmamma," calling it a "dangerous habit."
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does the narrator develop in order to thwart the witches in "Hello Grandmamma"?
2. How is Bruno Jenkins' metamorphosis described in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
3. Where does the narrator find the vials in the Grand High Witch's room in "The Mouse-Burglar"? How does he obtain one of the vials?
4. What are the narrator's considerations about his tranformation into a mouse in "Bruno"?
5. How does Bruno respond when confronted by the narrator in "Bruno"?
6. How does the narrator manage to get the Mouse-Maker into the correct pot in "In the Kitchen"?
7. What response does the narrator's grandmother receive when she places Bruno on the table before his parents in "Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno"?
8. What do the narrator and Bruno decide to do next at the end of "Bruno"? Why?
9. How does the Grand High Witch detail the witches' agenda in "The Ancient Ones"?
10. What exchange takes place between the Grand High Witch and the narrator's grandmother in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)