|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grand High Witch instruct her subjects to fry the mouse tails in when making Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
(a) Coconut oil.
(b) Baby oil.
(c) Olive oil.
(d) Hair oil.
2. Approximately how many children does a "real witch" kill each year, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
3. How old was the fifth child that the narrator's grandmother knows of when he was taken by witches?
4. Approximately how many "real witches" exist in England today, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
5. What does the Grand High Witch say she will do to the narrator when she sniffs him out in "The Recipe"?
(a) Turn him into stone.
(b) Turn him into a mackerel.
(c) Turn him into a porpoise.
(d) Turn him into a toad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Grand High Witch order her subjects to do immediately upon returning to their home towns in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
2. What does the Grand High Witch discern about the mice on the platform in "The Recipe"?
3. About how old was the first of the children that was taken by the witches that the narrator's grandmother knew?
4. What happened to the fifth child the grandmother describes who was taken by witches?
5. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "My Grandmother" that she knows of no less than how many children that have disappeared and been taken by the witches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about witches from different countries, according to the narrator's grandmother in "The Grand High Witch"?
2. How is the woman who leads the meeting described when she first steps up to the podium in "Frizzled like a Fritter"?
3. Why do the narrator and his grandmother return to England in "The Grand High Witch"? Where do they live?
4. What role does Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker play in the Grand High Witch's plan?
5. How does the Grand High Witch respond when she encounters the narrator's mice on the podium in "The Recipe"?
6. What happens when the strange woman approaches the narrator in "The Grand High Witch"?
7. Why does the Grand High Witch express anger at her subjects at the meeting in "Frizzled like a Fritter"?
8. Why is the narrator in the Banquet hall when the women begin their meeting?
9. Describe the narrator and protagonist of The Witches. How old is he? Where does he live?
10. What are the narrator's initial impressions of the women who enter the Banquet hall in "The Meeting"?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)