|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandmother transport the narrator and Bruno to the Lounge in “Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno”?
(a) She carries them in a cage.
(b) She carries them in her handbag.
(c) She hides them in her wig.
(d) She carries them in her pocket.
2. What word from the novel refers to a deep covered dish used for serving soup?
3. What does the narrator intend to steal from the Grand High Witch's hotel room in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) Her broomstick.
(b) A vial of Magical Antidote.
(c) Her magic wand.
(d) A vial of Mouse-Maker.
4. What response do Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins have to the narrator's grandmother's story about Bruno in "Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno"?
(a) They give heed to her story.
(b) They ask to see Bruno in mouse form.
(c) They begin to weep.
(d) They believe she is mad.
5. Of Bruno, the Grand High Witch says that he is not only smelly but also what?
6. What does Bruno begin eating when the narrator's grandmother puts him on the table in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A tomato.
(d) A banana.
7. What does the narrator's grandmother claim children should never do in "Hello Grandmamma," calling it a "dangerous habit."
(a) Stay out after dark.
(b) Cross the street alone.
(c) Have baths.
(d) Smoke cigars.
8. In how much time is the alarm clock set to go off in the formula for the Grand High Witch's demonstration in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) Seven minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
9. What color are the narrator's grandmother's cigars?
10. What is the narrator's room number at the hotel?
11. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma" that the Grand High Witch makes it a rule to do what at each Annual Meeting?
(a) Fry at least 10 witches.
(b) Present a new magical formula.
(c) Kill at least two children.
(d) Fry at least one witch.
12. What does the narrator's grandmother use to bandage his wound in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) A piece of her blouse.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A band-aid.
(d) A handkerchief.
13. What does the narrator compare the smell of witches to in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) The smell of cooking bacon.
(b) The smell of dogs' droppings.
(c) The smell of a men's restroom.
(d) The smell of rotten eggs.
14. What does the narrator's grandmother order for dinner in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) French onion soup and a salad.
(b) Steak and mashed potatoes.
(c) Broiled chicken and rice.
(d) Pea soup and roast lamb.
15. Into what dish does the narrator pour his vial of Mouse-Maker in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) The French onion soup.
(b) The pea soup.
(c) The roast beef.
(d) The mashed potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator use to tap on his hotel room door in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
2. How many doses of the Mouse-Maker is the narrator forced to drink in "Metamorphosis"?
3. In what object does the narrator's grandmother put him to lower him to the Grand High Witch's balcony?
4. What does the narrator do when the chambermaid goes to pick up the shoe he is hiding in, in "Hello Grandmamma"?
5. What is the name of the waiter who serves the narrator's grandmother in the Dining Room in "In the Kitchen"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)