|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator run and hide after exiting the chef's trousers in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) In a sack of oranges.
(b) In a sack of potatoes.
(c) In a sack of apples.
(d) Behind the garbage can.
2. What does the narrator's grandmother remind him that he has as she prepares to leave for the Dining Room in "In the Kitchen"?
(b) A brain.
(c) A tail.
(d) Sharp teeth.
3. In what object does the narrator's grandmother put him to lower him to the Grand High Witch's balcony?
(a) A sock.
(b) A cup.
(c) A purse.
(d) A bottle.
4. At what time does the narrator's grandmother say she will go with him to the Dining Room to prepare to enact their plan in "The Plan"?
5. Where does the narrator leave the empty bottle when he leaves the kitchen in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) In a chef's pocket.
(b) Behind a saucepan.
(c) Behind the trashcan.
(d) On the work counter.
6. What are the two enemies that the narrator deduces mice have in "Bruno"?
(a) Humans and cats.
(b) Cats and dogs.
(c) Weasels and snakes.
(d) Snakes and cats.
7. How many doses of Mouse-Maker are in the vial that the Grand High Witch presents in “The Ancient Ones”?
8. How many cars does Bruno claim his family owns, according to the narrator in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
9. At what time did the Grand High Witch tell Bruno to come to the meeting for more chocolate bars in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
10. How does Mrs. Jenkins respond when the narrator's grandmother places Bruno on the table in "Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno"?
(a) She screams.
(b) She talks to Bruno.
(c) She hits Bruno with her newspaper.
(d) She picks up Bruno.
11. What excuse does the narrator's grandmother give for what is found on the Grand High Witch's balcony in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) She says she dropped her newspaper.
(b) She says her grandson is in the sock.
(c) She says she threw the sock in a rage.
(d) She says she dropped her knitting wool.
12. How does the narrator describe the Grand High Witch's face after she removed her mask when he talks to his grandmother in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) "It was like something that was going rotten!"
(b) "it was like a man's face but with fangs."
(c) "It was beautiful - more beautiful than anything I've ever seen!"
(d) "It was pale and ghostly and like a dream!"
13. What does the narrator compare the smell of witches to in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) The smell of a men's restroom.
(b) The smell of cooking bacon.
(c) The smell of dogs' droppings.
(d) The smell of rotten eggs.
14. What does the narrator's grandmother say she gave Bruno to eat to keep him busy when the narrator returns to the table in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) A piece of steak.
(b) An apple.
(c) A roll.
(d) A banana.
15. Where does the narrator go to hide when the Grand High Witch comes into her hotel room in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) In a dresser drawer.
(b) Behind a statue.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Bruno, the Grand High Witch says that he is not only smelly but also what?
2. Where does the narrator hide when he flees from the witches as a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
3. What does the narrator's grandmother order for dinner in "In the Kitchen"?
4. What is the narrator's room number at the hotel?
5. What object does the Grand High Witch take out once the narrator has been transformed into a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)