|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how much time is the alarm clock set to go off in the formula for the Grand High Witch's demonstration in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) Seven minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
2. Into what dish does the narrator pour his vial of Mouse-Maker in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) The pea soup.
(b) The mashed potatoes.
(c) The French onion soup.
(d) The roast beef.
3. What color are the narrator's grandmother's cigars?
4. What is the name of the waiter who serves the narrator's grandmother in the Dining Room in "In the Kitchen"?
5. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma," "You are still yourself in everything except" what?
(a) "Your voice."
(b) "Your appearance."
(c) "Your mind."
(d) "Your intelligence."
6. What does the narrator tell his grandmother the witches are pretending to be in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) The British Society for Prevention of Childhood Poverty.
(b) The European Society for the Rights of Women.
(c) The Women's Society for the Betterment of Education.
(d) The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.
7. What does the narrator's grandmother remind him that he has as she prepares to leave for the Dining Room in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) A brain.
(b) Sharp teeth.
(c) A tail.
8. What does the narrator intend to steal from the Grand High Witch's hotel room in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) Her magic wand.
(b) A vial of Magical Antidote.
(c) Her broomstick.
(d) A vial of Mouse-Maker.
9. Of Bruno, the Grand High Witch says that he is not only smelly but also what?
10. What object does the Grand High Witch take out once the narrator has been transformed into a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
(a) A mouse-trap.
(b) A small cage.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A carving-knife.
11. What does the narrator's grandmother say she gave Bruno to eat to keep him busy when the narrator returns to the table in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A piece of steak.
(c) A roll.
(d) A banana.
12. What does the narrator's grandmother order to drink before her dinner in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A glass of sherry.
(d) A glass of Scotch.
13. What excuse does the narrator's grandmother give for what is found on the Grand High Witch's balcony in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) She says she threw the sock in a rage.
(b) She says her grandson is in the sock.
(c) She says she dropped her knitting wool.
(d) She says she dropped her newspaper.
14. How many cars does Bruno claim his family owns, according to the narrator in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
15. What does the Grand High Witch order her subjects to do before letting Bruno in, in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) To put on their wigs, shoes, and gloves.
(b) To bring in the cat.
(c) To take off their wigs, shoes, and gloves.
(d) To say an incantation and dance in a circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bruno's response when the narrator's grandmother asks him "Why on earth didn't you speak up and tell your father who you were?" in "The Plan"?
2. What response do Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins have to the narrator's grandmother's story about Bruno in "Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins Meet Bruno"?
3. Where does the narrator hide when he flees from the witches as a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
4. How many vials of Mouse-Maker does the Grand High Witch give to each of the elderly witches in “The Ancient Ones”?
5. How does the narrator ultimately get his grandmother to answer the hotel room door in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)