|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's male pet mouse?
2. What is a person called that studies witches?
(a) A witchologist.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) A witchophile.
(d) A witchintigist.
3. What does the Grand High Witch instruct her subjects to boil the tailless mice in when making Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
(c) Tomato juice.
4. What does the Grand High Witch discern about the mice on the platform in "The Recipe"?
(a) They are spies.
(b) They are secretly witches.
(c) They are formerly grown-ups.
(d) They are pet mice.
5. What does the Grand High Witch describe children as smelling like in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
(a) Rotten eggs.
(b) Rotting fruit.
(c) Dogs' droppings.
(d) Jasmine flowers.
6. What color is the magical formula called "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
7. What happened to the fifth child the grandmother describes who was taken by witches?
(a) He turned into a frog.
(b) He turned into a porpoise.
(c) He turned into stone.
(d) He turned into a chicken.
8. How many trunks of counterfeit money does the Grand High Witch say she has brought with her in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
9. For how long must one boil the first ingredient of Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker in order to make it soft?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) Ten hours.
10. About how old is the woman who stands on the platform described as in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
11. Where does the narrator say his father owned a business in "My Grandmother"?
12. What literary device is used in the following sentence from "A Note About Witches": "Then the witch stalks the wretched child like a hunter stalking a little bird in the forest"?
(a) Literary allusion.
13. How many brown mouse tails are required to make Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
14. What kind of egg is added when making Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
(a) A chicken's egg.
(b) A gruntle's egg.
(c) A snake's egg.
(d) A duck's egg.
15. What is the man carrying when he comes to the narrator's grandmother's house in "The Grand High Witch"?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A bread basket.
(c) A heavy suitcase.
(d) A grocery bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many women are in attendance at the meeting, according to the narrator's assessment, at the Hotel Magnificent?
2. The narrator says in "The Recipe" that the witches in the room are thinking of nothing except what?
3. What is the name of the manager of the Hotel Magnificent?
4. What does the narrator's grandmother say the pupils of a witch's eye will do?
5. Who is the third child that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)