|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many children does a "real witch" kill each year, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
2. About how old was the first of the children that was taken by the witches that the narrator's grandmother knew?
3. How old was the fifth child that the narrator's grandmother knows of when he was taken by witches?
4. Approximately how many "real witches" exist in England today, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
5. What does the Grand High Witch do after announcing her plan to her subjects in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
(a) She sings and dances.
(b) She bursts into flames.
(c) She flies around the room.
(d) She runs from the room.
6. What is the third thing the Grand High Witch tells her subjects to remove in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
(a) Their wigs.
(b) Their gloves.
(c) Their shoes.
(d) Their hats.
7. Who is the second of the children that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
(b) Solveg Christiansen.
(c) Ranghild Hansen Ranghild.
8. Where is the narrator's grandmother from?
9. What is the name of the narrator's female pet mouse?
10. How many encounters with witches does the narrator describe having before he was eight years old in "My Grandmother"?
11. What does the Grand High Witch say never happens to witches in "The Recipe"?
(a) They are never deceived.
(b) They are never married.
(c) They are never killed.
(d) They are never caught.
12. Who is the third child that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
(a) Ranghild Hansen Ranghild.
(b) Birgit Svenson.
13. What does the narrator's grandmother say the pupils of a witch's eye will do?
(a) Be white.
(b) Change colors.
(c) Appear massive.
(d) Be green.
14. What is notable about a witch's feet, according to the narrator's grandmother in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
(a) They are abnormally large.
(b) They look like cat's claws.
(c) They have no toes.
(d) They are abnormally small.
15. How does the narrator say "real witches" dress in "A Note About Witches"?
(a) In black hats and cloaks.
(b) In top hats and suits.
(c) In ordinary clothes.
(d) In suits of invisible armor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of egg is added when making Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
2. What is the man carrying when he comes to the narrator's grandmother's house in "The Grand High Witch"?
3. What is the first ingredient for the Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
4. What is the second thing the Grand High Witch tells her subjects to remove in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
5. What does the narrator's grandmother say American witches are capable of making grown-ups do in "The Grand High Witch"?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)