|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mr. Jenkins and His Son" – "It’s Off to Work We Go".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Grand High Witch do after announcing her plan to her subjects in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
(a) She bursts into flames.
(b) She sings and dances.
(c) She runs from the room.
(d) She flies around the room.
2. What object does the Grand High Witch take out once the narrator has been transformed into a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A small cage.
(c) A carving-knife.
(d) A mouse-trap.
3. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma," "You are still yourself in everything except" what?
(a) "Your intelligence."
(b) "Your appearance."
(c) "Your mind."
(d) "Your voice."
4. What is the second thing the Grand High Witch tells her subjects to remove in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
(a) Their masks.
(b) Their gloves.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their shoes.
5. What does the Grand High Witch do to the mice on the platform in "The Recipe"?
(a) She eats them.
(b) She puts them in a cage.
(c) She kicks them.
(d) She steps on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the answer to the problem of the witches being intelligent mice that the narrator devises in "It’s Off to Work We Go!"?
2. On what floor of the hotel does the narrator say his grandmother's room is in "Hello Grandmamma"?
3. At what time did the Grand High Witch tell Bruno to come to the meeting for more chocolate bars in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
4. Of Bruno, the Grand High Witch says that he is not only smelly but also what?
5. What instrument is used when the narrator is injured in "In the Kitchen"?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)