|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Mr. Jenkins and His Son" – "It’s Off to Work We Go".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "It’s Off to Work We Go!" that the people in the Grand High Witch's village perceived her as being what?
(a) A school principal.
(b) A bank manager.
(c) A wealthy Baroness.
(d) A nurse in a hospital.
2. What leads Mr. Jenkins to finally recognize Bruno as his son in "Mr. Jenkins and His Son"?
(a) The look in Bruno's eyes.
(b) Bruno speaks to him.
(c) The fact that Bruno is eating.
(d) The bulge of Bruno's gut.
3. What is the name of the manager of the Hotel Magnificent?
(a) Mr. Williams.
(b) Mr. Stringer.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Jenkins.
4. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma," "You are still yourself in everything except" what?
(a) "Your voice."
(b) "Your appearance."
(c) "Your mind."
(d) "Your intelligence."
5. What does Bruno complain about not having with his meal in "In the Kitchen"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in "My Grandmother" that his grandmother is the only grandmother he ever met that does what?
2. What did the narrator observe Bruno doing the day before in the hotel terrace in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
3. What is a person called that studies witches?
4. What is the narrator's grandmother's response when he asks her in "It’s Off to Work We Go!" "Have I become a mouse for nothing at all?"
5. What does the narrator's grandmother order for dinner in "In the Kitchen"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)