|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Mouse-Burglar" – "In the Kitchen".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother ask him about Bruno in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) "Was he turned into a porpoise?"
(b) "How many siblings does he have?"
(c) "Does he never stop eating?"
(d) "Is he a very intelligent boy?"
2. What did the narrator observe Bruno doing the day before in the hotel terrace in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) Killing ants with a magnifying glass.
(b) Making tiny houses from matchsticks.
(c) Playing with a snake.
(d) Drawing on the sidewalk.
3. What is every woman in the room wearing in "The Meeting"?
(b) Spiked heels.
4. What is the third thing the Grand High Witch tells her subjects to remove in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
(a) Their gloves.
(b) Their shoes.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their wigs.
5. How does the narrator describe the Grand High Witch's face after she removed her mask when he talks to his grandmother in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) "it was like a man's face but with fangs."
(b) "It was like something that was going rotten!"
(c) "It was pale and ghostly and like a dream!"
(d) "It was beautiful - more beautiful than anything I've ever seen!"
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Grand High Witch say she gave the chocolate bar to the little boy in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
2. What is the first ingredient for the Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
3. What is the first thing that the Grand High Witch tells her subjects to remove in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
4. Into what dish does the narrator pour his vial of Mouse-Maker in "In the Kitchen"?
5. When does the narrator describe seeing a trapeze artist in "In the Kitchen"?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)