|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Mouse-Burglar" – "In the Kitchen".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother say she gave Bruno to eat to keep him busy when the narrator returns to the table in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) An apple.
(b) A piece of steak.
(c) A banana.
(d) A roll.
2. How many doses of the Mouse-Maker is the narrator forced to drink in "Metamorphosis"?
3. What excuse does the narrator's grandmother give for what is found on the Grand High Witch's balcony in "The Mouse-Burglar"?
(a) She says she dropped her newspaper.
(b) She says she threw the sock in a rage.
(c) She says her grandson is in the sock.
(d) She says she dropped her knitting wool.
4. What happened to the third child that the grandmother knew who was taken by witches?
(a) She turned into a frog.
(b) She turned into a porpoise.
(c) She turned into stone.
(d) She turned into a chicken.
5. What is the name of the fifth child that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
(a) Ranghild Hansen Ranghild.
(d) Bruno Jenkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many more chocolate bars did the Grand High Witch promise to the fat boy if he came to the meeting in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
2. Approximately how many children does a "real witch" kill each year, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
3. Where does the narrator hide when he flees from the witches as a mouse in "Metamorphosis"?
4. What does the Grand High Witch order her subjects to do before letting Bruno in, in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
5. Who presumably will "bump off the stinking little children," according to the Grand High Witch's plan in "The Recipe"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)