|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Mouse-Burglar" – "In the Kitchen".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Grand High Witch say she gave the chocolate bar to the little boy in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) Two days ago.
(b) On last Tuesday.
(c) Yesterday afternoon.
(d) This morning.
2. What is the man carrying when he comes to the narrator's grandmother's house in "The Grand High Witch"?
(a) A heavy suitcase.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A grocery bag.
(d) A bread basket.
3. Approximately how many "real witches" exist in England today, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
4. What does the Grand High Witch say she will do to the narrator when she sniffs him out in "The Recipe"?
(a) Turn him into a toad.
(b) Turn him into a porpoise.
(c) Turn him into stone.
(d) Turn him into a mackerel.
5. What does the narrator's grandmother say she gave Bruno to eat to keep him busy when the narrator returns to the table in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) A banana.
(b) An apple.
(c) A roll.
(d) A piece of steak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetable does the narrator's grandmother order with her entree in "In the Kitchen"?
2. What does the Grand High Witch do to the mice on the platform in "The Recipe"?
3. What is the name of the narrator's male pet mouse?
4. What does the narrator tell his grandmother the witches are pretending to be in "Hello Grandmamma"?
5. What color is the magical formula called "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)