|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Mouse-Burglar" – "In the Kitchen".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ingredient in Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker that causes its delayed action?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A dog collar.
(c) The wrong end of a telescope.
(d) A pigeon brain.
2. Into what dish does the narrator pour his vial of Mouse-Maker in "In the Kitchen"?
(a) The pea soup.
(b) The roast beef.
(c) The French onion soup.
(d) The mashed potatoes.
3. What does the Grand High Witch say never happens to witches in "The Recipe"?
(a) They are never killed.
(b) They are never deceived.
(c) They are never caught.
(d) They are never married.
4. What did the narrator observe Bruno doing the day before in the hotel terrace in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) Killing ants with a magnifying glass.
(b) Making tiny houses from matchsticks.
(c) Drawing on the sidewalk.
(d) Playing with a snake.
5. With whom are the witches appointed to have tea after their meeting in "Metamorphosis"?
(a) Mr. Stringer.
(b) Mrs. Jenkins.
(c) Mr. Jenkins.
(d) The narrator's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long must one boil the first ingredient of Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker in order to make it soft?
2. What does the narrator's grandmother claim children should never do in "Hello Grandmamma," calling it a "dangerous habit."
3. At what time does the narrator's grandmother say she will go with him to the Dining Room to prepare to enact their plan in "The Plan"?
4. What is the name of the manager of the Hotel Magnificent?
5. What does the Grand High Witch instruct her subjects to boil the tailless mice in when making Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)