|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Bruno Jenkins Disappears" – "Hello Grandmamma".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how tall is the woman on the platform described in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
2. What does the narrator do when the chambermaid goes to pick up the shoe he is hiding in, in "Hello Grandmamma"?
(a) He runs up her arm.
(b) He bites her.
(c) He runs out of the shoe.
(d) He shouts.
3. At what time does the Grand High Witch tell the elderly witches to come to her room to receive their vials of Mouse-Maker in “The Ancient Ones”?
4. What happened to the fourth child that the narrator's grandmother knows who was taken by witches?
(a) He turned into a frog.
(b) He turned into a porpoise.
(c) He turned to stone.
(d) He disppeared in a painting.
5. What did the narrator observe Bruno doing the day before in the hotel terrace in "Bruno Jenkins Disappears"?
(a) Drawing on the sidewalk.
(b) Playing with a snake.
(c) Making tiny houses from matchsticks.
(d) Killing ants with a magnifying glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the witches ordered to buy after returning to their home towns in "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
2. What does the narrator's grandmother claim children should never do in "Hello Grandmamma," calling it a "dangerous habit."
3. What are the two enemies that the narrator deduces mice have in "Bruno"?
4. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "Hello Grandmamma," "You are still yourself in everything except" what?
5. Who is the second of the children that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)