|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Meeting" – "The Recipe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's grandmother say a real witch is certain to always be wearing in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
(a) A black cape.
(b) Spiked heels.
(d) A pointy hat.
2. Approximately how many children does a "real witch" kill each year, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
3. What happened to the third child that the grandmother knew who was taken by witches?
(a) She turned into a porpoise.
(b) She turned into a frog.
(c) She turned into stone.
(d) She turned into a chicken.
4. What is every woman in the room wearing in "The Meeting"?
(c) Spiked heels.
5. How many encounters with witches does the narrator describe having before he was eight years old in "My Grandmother"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many "real witches" exist in England today, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
2. What literary device is used in the following sentence from "A Note About Witches": "Then the witch stalks the wretched child like a hunter stalking a little bird in the forest"?
3. For how long must one boil the first ingredient of Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker in order to make it soft?
4. What does the Grand High Witch's audience do after her song in "The Recipe"?
5. What is the name of the narrator's female pet mouse?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)