|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Meeting" – "The Recipe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's grandmother tells him in "My Grandmother" that she knows of no less than how many children that have disappeared and been taken by the witches?
2. What does the Grand High Witch instruct her subjects to fry the mouse tails in when making Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
(a) Baby oil.
(b) Hair oil.
(c) Coconut oil.
(d) Olive oil.
3. How does the narrator say "real witches" dress in "A Note About Witches"?
(a) In top hats and suits.
(b) In ordinary clothes.
(c) In suits of invisible armor.
(d) In black hats and cloaks.
4. How long does the transformation last that is caused by "Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker"?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) 10 seconds.
(c) 26 seconds.
(d) 36 seconds.
5. What does a "real witch" spend all her time plotting, according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
(a) How to rise to the throne of the Grand High Witch.
(b) How to get rid of the children in her territory.
(c) How to obtain magical potions.
(d) How to get rid of all the adults in her territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second of the children that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
2. What literary device is illustrated in the following excerpt from "A Note About Witches": ". . . her mind will always be plotting and scheming and churning and burning and whizzing and phizzing"?
3. What does the Grand High Witch say she will do to the narrator when she sniffs him out in "The Recipe"?
4. What is a person called that studies witches?
5. What does the narrator consider to be his only hope in "The Recipe"?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)