|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Meeting" – "The Recipe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in "A Note About Witches" that ghouls and barghests are always what?
2. What is the first ingredient for the Formula 86 Delayed Action Mouse-Maker?
(a) The juice of three toads.
(b) The tails of 60 mice.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) The wrong end of a telescope.
3. What is the first thing that the Grand High Witch tells her subjects to remove in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
(a) Their masks.
(b) Their gloves.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their shoes.
4. What is the "motto of all witches," according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
(a) "Squish them and squiggle them and make them disappear."
(b) "Hail to the Grand High Witch and may we all follow her lead."
(c) "Eat them and drink them and swallow them whole."
(d) "Fly and dance and shout and sing until the day becomes the dream."
5. What happened to the fifth child the grandmother describes who was taken by witches?
(a) He turned into stone.
(b) He turned into a porpoise.
(c) He turned into a chicken.
(d) He turned into a frog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about a witch's feet, according to the narrator's grandmother in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
2. What does the narrator's grandmother say the pupils of a witch's eye will do?
3. The narrator says in "The Recipe" that the witches in the room are thinking of nothing except what?
4. What is the woman on the platform wearing in "Frizzled Like a Fritter"?
5. Where were the narrator and his parents when they had a car accident?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)