|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "The Meeting" – "The Recipe".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the houses described that "real witches" live in, in "A Note About Witches"?
2. What is the "motto of all witches," according to the narrator in "A Note About Witches"?
(a) "Eat them and drink them and swallow them whole."
(b) "Fly and dance and shout and sing until the day becomes the dream."
(c) "Hail to the Grand High Witch and may we all follow her lead."
(d) "Squish them and squiggle them and make them disappear."
3. What happened to the third child that the grandmother knew who was taken by witches?
(a) She turned into stone.
(b) She turned into a frog.
(c) She turned into a chicken.
(d) She turned into a porpoise.
4. What is the man carrying when he comes to the narrator's grandmother's house in "The Grand High Witch"?
(a) A grocery bag.
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A bread basket.
(d) A heavy suitcase.
5. What does the narrator say he does as the witches carry on in excitement in "The Recipe"?
(a) He calls out to Bruno.
(b) He tries to slip away to the door.
(c) He keeps still and prays.
(d) He hides behind the witch's podium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first child that the narrator's grandmother knew who was taken by the witches?
2. What does the narrator's grandmother say a real witch is certain to always be wearing in "How to Recognize a Witch"?
3. How many encounters with witches does the narrator describe having before he was eight years old in "My Grandmother"?
4. Who is the second of the children that the narrator's grandmother knows of who was taken by witches?
5. What does the Grand High Witch discern about the mice on the platform in "The Recipe"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)