|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaacson claim to be Bohlen's view of Bolshevism?
(a) He was fascinated by the tenants of Soviet Communism.
(b) He was nonjudgemental and unreflective about Bolshevism.
(c) He reviled in the violent destruction Bolsheviks were willing to employ to hold onto power.
(d) He saw Bolshevism to be a threat to liberal progressivism in Western nations.
2. Who does Isaacson report to have committed the U.S. to active ground war in Korea?
(a) The U.S. Congress.
(b) President Truman.
(c) General Douglas MacArthur.
(d) Dean Acheson.
3. Which of the "Wise Men" does Isaacson report to have negotiated trade deals with leaders of the communist government in Russia in 1922?
(a) Robert Lovett.
(b) Dean Acheson.
(c) Averell Harriman.
(d) Chip Bohlen.
4. What position did the "Wise Man" who implemented the Lend Lease program eventually take in the Roosevelt administration?
(a) Assistant Secretary of War.
(b) Secretary of Commerce.
(c) Assistant Secretary of State for Economic Affairs.
(d) Under Secretary of State.
5. What was the organization that eventually replaced the Office of Strategic Services, according to Isaacson?
(a) The Office of Homeland Security.
(b) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) The Central Intelligence Agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the U.S. Government consider North Korea's invasion of South Korea, according to Isaacson?
2. What exclusive club did Chip Bohlen join at Harvard according to Isaacson?
3. How does Isaacson claim Chip Bohlen became an important American diplomat in Russia?
4. What was a personal factor that made the "Six Wise Men" unpopular to the general public, according to Isaacson?
5. With what Nixon policy of the Vietnam war did Dean Acheson disagree, according to Isaacson?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)