|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Isaacson suggests that John McCLoy's mother encouraged him to tutor children of her wealthy clients during summers away from school?
(a) Because the pay was better than taking one of the part-time jobs in the city.
(b) It was his mother's way of assuring he would make the right social contacts.
(c) So he could be networking for a good career.
(d) Because he would be better able to continue his advanced studies while working with younger children.
2. What does Isaacson claim to be the goal of the "Wise Men"?
(a) To scale government back to the limits of the Constitution.
(b) To rebuild Europe after WWII.
(c) To limit the spread of Soviet Communism.
(d) To expand the authority of the Federal Reserve Bank over the monetary policy.
3. Which of the "Wise Men," according to Isaacson, attended The Hill School in Philadelphia?
(a) John McCloy.
(b) Robert Lovett.
(c) Chip Bohlen.
(d) George Kennan.
4. Where did John McCloy attend College according to Isaacson?
5. What does Isaacson claim the six men profiled in The Wise Men represent?
(a) Ivy League colleges.
(b) New Democrats.
(c) Moderate Republicans.
(d) The American Establishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exclusive club did Chip Bohlen join at Harvard according to Isaacson?
2. What did Isaacson claim to be Kennan's strong areas in his training?
3. When did Averell Harriman join the most elite club at Yale according to Isaacson?
4. What does Isaacson claim the Secretary of War called Lovett and McCloy?
5. In what town does Isaacson claim that George Kennan was born?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)