|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
(a) Bompie always tells the truth about his accidents.
(b) Bompie always gets into trouble in water.
(c) Bompie always creates conflict with other people.
(d) Bompie always disobeys his father.
2. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
(a) Examining a pump.
(b) Tying her shoe.
(c) Fastening a line.
(d) Repairing a leak.
3. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
(a) So they don't attract lightning.
(b) To save on power.
(c) So they don't interfere with other ships.
(d) To lessen the danger from water that sloshes on deck.
4. Who does Sophie ask for more information about Rosalie and Uncle Dock?
(a) Uncle Mo.
(b) Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Stew.
5. Why does Sophie keep waking up Cody?
(a) She's having nightmares.
(b) She can't sleep.
(c) She keeps asking questions.
(d) She wakes him for his shift on watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color blanket does the little kid lie down on in the story Sophie tells Cody?
2. What does Brian say he felt like when the wave hit?
3. Where does Cody sleep on his first night at Bompie's house?
4. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
5. After the destructive wave hits the boat, how does Cody say he feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
2. What does Uncle Stew say about the Gulf Stream and the Labrador Current?
3. What is the weather like, the first night on the open ocean?
4. What gift does Cody give his father?
5. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
6. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
7. When the travelers arrive in Ireland, who are they able to reach by phone?
8. What are Sophie and Uncle Dock's attitudes toward the autohelm?
9. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
10. How does Sophie feel about the ham radio?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)