|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
2. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
(a) Call each other by abbreviated radio-code versions of their names.
(b) Make fake radio-code calls to each other.
(c) Ask for food by radio-code names.
(d) Have special radio-code conversations a half-hour a day.
3. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
(a) He sells insurance.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is a medical assistant.
(d) He manages an apartment building.
4. When Cody first thinks he spots land, what does it turn out to be?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A ship.
(d) A fog bank.
5. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(b) Hard rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps looking over Sophie's shoulder while she tries to write in her journal in the car?
2. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
3. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
4. How does Rosalie appear, when the travelers arrive at the house where she is?
5. How fast are the winds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the sails in the heavy wind?
2. What theory about death and life do Cody and Sophie discuss?
3. What gift does Cody give his father?
4. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
5. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
6. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
7. How does Sophie describe the color of the sea?
8. What do Stew and Mo argue about?
9. What are Sophie and Uncle Dock's attitudes toward the autohelm?
10. In Sophie's story about Bompie and his father, why does Bompie visit his father?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)