|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(a) Wind funnels.
(b) Small boats.
(d) Rain clouds.
2. After the destructive wave hits the boat, how does Cody say he feels?
(a) As if he's in a prison.
(b) As if he's watching a movie.
(c) As if he's a part of the ocean.
(d) As if he's having a dream.
3. What is the word for D in radio code?
4. Who is the one person who doesn't cry in the midst of the storm?
(d) Uncle Mo.
5. Who gets into a fight, as the boat approaches land?
(a) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(b) Uncle Mo and Cody.
(c) Uncle Mo and Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Stew and Brian.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
2. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
3. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
4. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
5. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like, the first night on the open ocean?
2. What are Sophie and Uncle Dock's attitudes toward the autohelm?
3. What do Sophie and Cody do to the sails of the boat, when they finally get them up again?
4. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
5. How does Sophie feel about the ham radio?
6. What does Cody notice that Sophie does when retelling the story of their journey?
7. When everyone is up on deck in the midst of the storm, and Sophie sees them from the helm, what does she see?
8. What is the significance of the stops the boat makes before setting out to sea?
9. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
10. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)