|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
2. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) South Carolina.
3. How fast are the winds?
(a) Fifty knots.
(b) Sixty knots.
(c) Seventy knots.
(d) Forty knots.
4. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(a) Small boats.
(b) Rain clouds.
(d) Wind funnels.
5. What does Uncle Dock injure in the wave?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His neck.
(d) His back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
2. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
3. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
4. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
5. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie feel about the ham radio?
2. What quotation from Tennyson does Uncle Dock yell out?
3. What happens to the sails in the heavy wind?
4. What does Uncle Stew say about the Gulf Stream and the Labrador Current?
5. What gift does Cody give his father?
6. How does Sophie feel about seeing Bompie, as the travelers near their destination?
7. What does Cody notice that Sophie does when retelling the story of their journey?
8. What does Sophie hear when Cody is actually asking about her harness?
9. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
10. When the travelers arrive in Ireland, who are they able to reach by phone?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)