|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the destructive wave hits the boat, how does Cody say he feels?
(a) As if he's watching a movie.
(b) As if he's having a dream.
(c) As if he's a part of the ocean.
(d) As if he's in a prison.
2. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
(a) Gulper eels.
(b) Sea turtles.
(c) Phosphorescent plankton.
(d) A seaweed forest.
3. Why does Sophie keep waking up Cody?
(a) She can't sleep.
(b) She keeps asking questions.
(c) She wakes him for his shift on watch.
(d) She's having nightmares.
4. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(b) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
5. What type of ship does Cody contact?
(a) A Canadian warship.
(b) A French cargo ship.
(c) An American cruise ship.
(d) A South American tanker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brian accuse Sophie of, when she's upset about the job she gets?
2. What goes wrong with the boat's mainsail?
3. What does Uncle Mo give his family as presents?
4. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
5. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)