|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Bompie remember the stories Sophie tells him?
(a) Yes, he remembers everything Sophie recounts.
(b) No, he doesn't remember them at all.
(c) No, except for one story.
(d) Yes, except for the parts about being in the water.
2. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(a) Small boats.
(b) Rain clouds.
(d) Wind funnels.
3. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
(a) Cody wakes up his father.
(b) Cody goes up and sits on the deck, staring at the water.
(c) Cody gets up and wanders restlessly around the boat.
(d) Cody wakes up Sophie.
4. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
5. Where does Cody sleep on his first night at Bompie's house?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On a rollaway bed.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of ship does Cody contact?
2. Where is Rosalie leaving for?
3. What does Brian call the little black bird?
4. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
5. What breaks in the wind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
2. What does Sophie hear when Cody is actually asking about her harness?
3. What theory about death and life do Cody and Sophie discuss?
4. What seems different to Cody about the way Brian bugs Sophie, as they near Bompie's?
5. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
6. What happens to Bompie in the story of the swimming hole?
7. How does Sophie describe the color of the sea?
8. What settles the argument about where Bompie should live?
9. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
10. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)