|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being a fish.
(b) Being in a washing machine.
(c) Being baptized.
(d) Being born.
2. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
(a) Only the radar.
(b) None of them.
(c) The ham radio and radar.
(d) Only the ham radio.
3. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
4. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
(a) They tie it to make it smaller.
(b) They attach it to an additional sail.
(c) They let it out to make it bigger.
(d) They bring it down and replace it with a wind-sail.
5. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
(a) He manages an apartment building.
(b) He sells insurance.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is a medical assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew of The Wanderer do while they eat their food, after arriving on land?
2. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
3. Where does Cody sleep on his first night at Bompie's house?
4. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
5. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Sophie and Cody do to the sails of the boat, when they finally get them up again?
2. In Sophie's story about Bompie and his father, why does Bompie visit his father?
3. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
4. When everyone is up on deck in the midst of the storm, and Sophie sees them from the helm, what does she see?
5. What does Uncle Stew say about the Gulf Stream and the Labrador Current?
6. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
7. What happens to Bompie in the story of the swimming hole?
8. What do Stew and Mo argue about?
9. What gift does Cody give his father?
10. What does Mo do after he gets back from the trip?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)