|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dock's story about the little girl, who does the girl go to live with immediately after her parents die?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) A foster family.
2. Who decides to stay in England and take care of Bompie?
(a) Uncle Stew.
(b) Cody and Brian.
(c) Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Mo.
3. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
4. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He wants to be a firefighter.
(b) He wants to be an artist.
(c) He wants to be a sailor.
(d) He doesn't know.
5. What does Brian say he felt like when the wave hit?
(a) A mouse trapped by a cat.
(b) Ice cream in a blender.
(c) A turnip in a soup-pot.
(d) A chicken in a meat market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
2. How does Sophie sleep her first night on land?
3. What purpose do end knots serve?
4. What not-so-good news do the travelers get when they call home?
5. Who gets into a fight, as the boat approaches land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sophie feel about seeing Bompie, as the travelers near their destination?
2. What do Stew and Mo argue about?
3. What seems different to Cody about the way Brian bugs Sophie, as they near Bompie's?
4. What happens to the sails in the heavy wind?
5. When the travelers arrive in Ireland, who are they able to reach by phone?
6. How does Cody describe the fog on the ocean journey?
7. What does Sophie hear when Cody is actually asking about her harness?
8. What happens in the altercation between Sophie and Brian?
9. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
10. What do Sophie and Cody do to the sails of the boat, when they finally get them up again?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)