|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(c) Hard rock.
2. What river do the travelers cross to get to England?
(a) The Dee River.
(b) The Avon River.
(c) The Wye River.
(d) The Severn River.
3. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
4. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
(a) Its shape.
(b) Its color.
(c) Its size.
(d) Its texture.
5. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew.
(d) Uncle Mo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Mo give his family as presents?
2. Who is the one person who doesn't cry in the midst of the storm?
3. What does Sophie wish, as the travelers cross through Wales?
4. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
5. What does Sophie do when she finally realizes that she's telling Bompie her own story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Sophie and Uncle Dock's attitudes toward the autohelm?
2. How does Sophie describe life on the boat in the turbulent water?
3. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
4. What does Mo do after he gets back from the trip?
5. What does Cody notice that Sophie does when retelling the story of their journey?
6. What quotation from Tennyson does Uncle Dock yell out?
7. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
8. As Dock tells his story of the little girl, what does Cody realize about Sophie's stories?
9. How does Sophie feel about seeing Bompie, as the travelers near their destination?
10. How does Cody describe the fog on the ocean journey?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)