|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cody contact the ship?
(a) VHF radio.
(b) Flag signals.
(c) UHF radio.
(d) Ham radio.
2. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
3. What job does Sophie always end up with in the windstorm?
(a) Fastening the boom.
(b) Bailing out the water.
(c) Managing the jib.
(d) Handling the helm.
4. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(b) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(c) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
5. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
(a) Around 1,800.
(b) Around 800.
(c) Around 2,300.
(d) Around 1,300.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps looking over Sophie's shoulder while she tries to write in her journal in the car?
2. What do the travelers eat on the bench near a London landmark?
3. What breaks in the wind?
4. Where does the crew of The Wanderer go to get food once they arrive on land?
5. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the altercation between Sophie and Brian?
2. What settles the argument about where Bompie should live?
3. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
4. When everyone is up on deck in the midst of the storm, and Sophie sees them from the helm, what does she see?
5. What does Cody notice that Sophie does when retelling the story of their journey?
6. How does Cody describe the fog on the ocean journey?
7. What do Stew and Mo argue about?
8. In Sophie's story about Bompie and his father, why does Bompie visit his father?
9. When the travelers arrive in Ireland, who are they able to reach by phone?
10. What happens to Bompie in the story of the swimming hole?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)