|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
2. What does Brian insist Sophie is doing regarding her parents?
3. What does Brian accuse Sophie of, when she's upset about the job she gets?
4. How do the travelers get from Ireland to Wales?
(a) On a bridge.
(b) Through a tunnel.
(c) On a ferry.
(d) In a plane.
5. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
(a) They let it out to make it bigger.
(b) They bring it down and replace it with a wind-sail.
(c) They attach it to an additional sail.
(d) They tie it to make it smaller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
2. What animals come to The Wanderer on its way out of the Bay of Fundy?
3. Why does Sophie keep waking up Cody?
4. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
5. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weather like, the first night on the open ocean?
2. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
3. When everyone is up on deck in the midst of the storm, and Sophie sees them from the helm, what does she see?
4. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
5. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
6. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
7. What are Sophie and Uncle Dock's attitudes toward the autohelm?
8. What seems different to Cody about the way Brian bugs Sophie, as they near Bompie's?
9. What do Stew and Mo argue about?
10. What happens to the sails in the heavy wind?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)