|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being born.
(b) Being in a washing machine.
(c) Being a fish.
(d) Being baptized.
2. Where does the crew of The Wanderer go to get food once they arrive on land?
(a) To a pub.
(b) To a fast-food drive-through.
(c) To a fancy restaurant.
(d) To a vending machine.
3. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) Up in the bosun's chair.
(b) On deck, trying to fix things.
(c) Below deck, sleeping.
(d) Below deck, eating.
4. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
(a) Cody gets up and wanders restlessly around the boat.
(b) Cody wakes up Sophie.
(c) Cody goes up and sits on the deck, staring at the water.
(d) Cody wakes up his father.
5. Who answers the door at Bompie's house?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Bompie remember the stories Sophie tells him?
2. When Cody first thinks he spots land, what does it turn out to be?
3. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
4. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
5. Who decides to stay in England and take care of Bompie?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Dock tells his story of the little girl, what does Cody realize about Sophie's stories?
2. What does Uncle Stew say about the Gulf Stream and the Labrador Current?
3. How does Cody describe the fog on the ocean journey?
4. What injury does Cody sustain in the large wave that hits the boat?
5. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
6. What does Mo do after he gets back from the trip?
7. What makes it difficult to find Bompie's house in the town of Thorpe?
8. How does Sophie describe life on the boat in the turbulent water?
9. What happens to the sails in the heavy wind?
10. What quotation from Tennyson does Uncle Dock yell out?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)