|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
(a) Want a pizza?
(b) Where's Sophie?
(c) Don't you have chores?
(d) What are you looking at?
2. What do the crew do to practice radio code?
(a) Call each other by abbreviated radio-code versions of their names.
(b) Make fake radio-code calls to each other.
(c) Have special radio-code conversations a half-hour a day.
(d) Ask for food by radio-code names.
3. What poem does Dock recite from, when the boat reaches sight of land?
(a) Out of the Rolling Ocean, the Crowd.
(b) The Ocean's Song.
(c) The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
(d) The ocean said to me once.
4. What job does Uncle Stew get?
(a) A job with a company that charts the ocean's bottom.
(b) A job with a company that tracks ocean temperatures.
(c) A job with a company that makes sail boats.
(d) A job with a company that tracks fish populations.
5. What breaks in the wind?
(a) The jib.
(b) The spreader.
(c) The main boom.
(d) The masthead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
2. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
3. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
4. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
5. Of the GPS, ham radio, and radar, what is still working after the massive wave?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)