|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(d) Hard rock.
2. What does Uncle Dock injure in the wave?
(a) His leg.
(b) His neck.
(c) His arm.
(d) His back.
3. In his story about Rosalie, what does Uncle Dock trade for a boat rental?
(a) His fishing rod.
(b) His camera.
(c) His tackle box.
(d) His bicycle.
4. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He walks.
(c) He drives.
(d) He bicycles.
5. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(b) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(c) Brian and Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Mo give his family as presents?
2. Who decides to stay in England and take care of Bompie?
3. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
4. What job does Sophie always end up with in the windstorm?
5. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cody describe the fog on the ocean journey?
2. How does Sophie feel about the ham radio?
3. In Sophie's story about Bompie and his father, why does Bompie visit his father?
4. What do Sophie and Cody do to the sails of the boat, when they finally get them up again?
5. What happens to the sails in the heavy wind?
6. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
7. As Dock tells his story of the little girl, what does Cody realize about Sophie's stories?
8. What seems different to Cody about the way Brian bugs Sophie, as they near Bompie's?
9. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
10. What does Uncle Stew say about the Gulf Stream and the Labrador Current?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)