|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Sophie her journal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Uncle Dock.
(d) Her father.
2. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
(a) How long they're staying for.
(b) Where they come from.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Which way town is.
3. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
(a) Both her parents.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A friend of her parents.
4. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(b) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
(c) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(d) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
5. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
(a) If he has had a girlfriend.
(b) If he has any brains.
(c) How he feels about her.
(d) How he stands his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
2. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
3. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
5. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
2. What is the sail to Nova Scotia supposed to be like?
3. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
4. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
5. What does Uncle Dock do, when the fog comes in, and how does it affect Sophie?
6. Describe Uncle Mo.
7. What happens to the car in Sophie's story about Bompie?
8. Describe the baptism Sophie attends.
9. Describe the nightmare the narrator has.
10. What story does Sophie tell Cody about a little kid she knows?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)