|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Seeing a new part of the country.
(b) Being able to start over from scratch.
(c) Meeting new friends.
(d) Decorating a new room.
2. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A troubled goddess.
(b) A capricious lady.
(c) A raging bull.
(d) A fickle friend.
3. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
4. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
(a) He has no idea why.
(b) He thinks he just doesn't understand how to talk to people.
(c) He thinks they're jealous of his intelligence.
(d) He thinks people misinterpret everything he says.
5. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(b) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(c) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(d) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
2. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
3. Who gave Sophie her journal?
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
5. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does everyone react strangely when Sophie explains what she plans to teach?
2. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
3. What theory about death and life do Cody and Sophie discuss?
4. What habit of speech does Cody have that annoys most of the people on the boat?
5. What happens to Bompie in the story of the swimming hole?
6. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
7. As Dock tells his story of the little girl, what does Cody realize about Sophie's stories?
8. When everyone is up on deck in the midst of the storm, and Sophie sees them from the helm, what does she see?
9. What dreams does Cody have about Sophie, after the storms are over?
10. When the family comes to visit Bompie, how does he react?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)