|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
2. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The orphan.
(b) The leftover.
(c) The outsider.
(d) The tag-along.
3. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He makes funny jokes.
(b) He uses pictures to help teach.
(c) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(d) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That it's something she just has to do.
(b) That he wishes he could go, too.
(c) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(d) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
5. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A van.
(d) A convertible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. Who gave Sophie her journal?
3. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
4. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
5. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the three brothers react when Brian asks if Stew has heard Sophie's baptism story before?
2. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
3. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
4. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
5. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
6. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
7. Describe the nightmare the narrator has.
8. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
9. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
10. Describe Uncle Mo.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)