|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
2. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
(a) Bompie is dating the pastor's daughter and brings her home late.
(b) Bompie messed up the cakes for the local bake sale.
(c) Bompie always makes a fuss when he is in church.
(d) The pastor has a conflict with Bompie's father about a piece of pasture.
3. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
4. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
(a) The journey's end.
(b) Going home.
(d) Open spaces.
5. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A van.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A pickup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people can sleep on the boat?
2. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
3. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
4. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
5. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
2. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
3. In Cody's journal, how does he describe his mother?
4. How does The Wanderer look, compared to the other boats in Martha's Vineyard?
5. What is the sail to Nova Scotia supposed to be like?
6. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
7. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
8. How do the three brothers react when Brian asks if Stew has heard Sophie's baptism story before?
9. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
10. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)