|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A locket.
(b) A watch.
(c) A rock.
(d) A shell.
2. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
3. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
(a) Grey and white.
(b) Deep blue and black.
(c) Yellow and orange.
(d) Rose and lavender.
4. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
(b) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
(c) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(d) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
5. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A weasel and a snake.
(b) A shark and a jackel.
(c) A slug and a crab.
(d) A cat and a spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
4. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
5. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the car in Sophie's story about Bompie?
2. How does Brian act when he walks on the beach with Cody and Sophie?
3. What does Sophie's mother do?
4. What does Sophie do after she and her relatives get The Wanderer into the water?
5. What is the sail to Nova Scotia supposed to be like?
6. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
7. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
8. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
9. What habit of speech does Cody have that annoys most of the people on the boat?
10. What does Uncle Dock do, when the fog comes in, and how does it affect Sophie?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)