|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
(b) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
(c) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(d) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
2. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
(b) The journey's end.
(c) Going home.
(d) Open spaces.
3. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A pickup.
(b) A van.
(c) A convertible.
(d) A sedan.
4. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(b) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
(c) He uses pictures to help teach.
(d) He makes funny jokes.
5. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
2. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
3. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
4. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
5. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
2. Describe the nightmare the narrator has.
3. Describe Uncle Stew.
4. How does The Wanderer look, compared to the other boats in Martha's Vineyard?
5. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
6. What does Frank's wife call Sophie?
7. What habit of speech does Cody have that annoys most of the people on the boat?
8. Why does Uncle Mo worry while Cody and Sophie are away visiting Wood Island?
9. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
10. What does Sophie's mother do?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)