|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A troubled goddess.
(b) A capricious lady.
(c) A raging bull.
(d) A fickle friend.
2. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A shell.
(b) A locket.
(c) A rock.
(d) A watch.
3. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The first week in July.
(b) The last week in July.
(c) The last week in June.
(d) The first week in June.
4. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Snapping and tapping.
(b) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(c) Humming or singing.
(d) Flexing his muscles.
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
2. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
3. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
4. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
5. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
2. What habit of speech does Cody have that annoys most of the people on the boat?
3. Why does everyone react strangely when Sophie explains what she plans to teach?
4. In Cody's journal, how does he describe his mother?
5. What does Sophie initially plan to do the last day of school?
6. How does The Wanderer look, compared to the other boats in Martha's Vineyard?
7. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
8. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
9. Describe Uncle Mo.
10. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)