|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
2. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
3. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A reef.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A beach.
(d) A lumberyard.
4. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
5. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Three to four weeks.
(b) Six to eight weeks.
(c) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(d) Ten to twelve weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
4. What does the tall, lanky woman say is on Wood Island?
5. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sophie initially plan to do the last day of school?
2. Describe the baptism Sophie attends.
3. Describe Uncle Mo.
4. How long have Sophie's uncles wanted to sail across the ocean?
5. How does The Wanderer look, compared to the other boats in Martha's Vineyard?
6. Describe Uncle Stew.
7. In Cody's journal, how does he describe his mother?
8. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
9. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
10. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)