|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
(b) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(c) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
(d) That she doesn't remember.
2. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A van.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A convertible.
3. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A shell.
(b) A watch.
(c) A rock.
(d) A locket.
4. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
(a) If he has had a girlfriend.
(b) If he has any brains.
(c) How he feels about her.
(d) How he stands his father.
5. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The last week in June.
(b) The first week in June.
(c) The last week in July.
(d) The first week in July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
2. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
3. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
4. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
5. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
2. Describe Uncle Mo.
3. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
4. How do the three brothers react when Brian asks if Stew has heard Sophie's baptism story before?
5. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
6. Describe the baptism Sophie attends.
7. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
8. What does Sophie's mother do?
9. What does Sophie think of the Ohio River?
10. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)