|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
(a) Knuckleheaded doofus.
(b) Sour pus.
(c) No-good no-nothing know-it-all.
(d) Ignoramus stupid-head.
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
(b) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(c) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(d) Oh no, oh no!
3. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
(a) A friend of her parents.
(b) Her father.
(c) Both her parents.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat attitude.
(b) Boat envy.
(c) Boat boxing.
(d) Boat bombast.
5. How old is Sophie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
2. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
3. Who gave Sophie her journal?
4. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
5. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems different to Cody about the way Brian bugs Sophie, as they near Bompie's?
2. Describe Uncle Mo.
3. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
4. What does Sophie's mother do?
5. Describe Uncle Stew.
6. How long have Sophie's uncles wanted to sail across the ocean?
7. What does Cody notice that Sophie does when retelling the story of their journey?
8. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
9. How does The Wanderer look, compared to the other boats in Martha's Vineyard?
10. What does Sophie think of the boat when she first sees it?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)