|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too inexperienced.
(b) They said she was too clumsy.
(c) They said she was too young.
(d) They said she was too aloof.
2. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(b) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
3. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
4. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(a) Steel wool.
(c) Plastic wrap.
5. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
(a) What time it is.
(b) How long they're staying for.
(c) Where they come from.
(d) Which way town is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people can sleep on the boat?
2. Why did Sophie's family move?
3. How old is Sophie?
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
5. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uncle Stew.
2. What does Sophie think of the boat when she first sees it?
3. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
4. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
5. What happens to the car in Sophie's story about Bompie?
6. What does Uncle Dock do, when the fog comes in, and how does it affect Sophie?
7. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
8. What is the sail to Nova Scotia supposed to be like?
9. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
10. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)