|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His pet.
(b) His monkey.
(c) His hobby.
(d) His baby.
2. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
3. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
(b) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(c) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
(d) That she doesn't remember.
4. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
(a) Going home.
(b) The journey's end.
(c) Open spaces.
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(b) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(c) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(d) That he's too tired to clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
2. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
3. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie do to the pastor during the baptism?
4. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
5. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the baptism Sophie attends.
2. What does Sophie initially plan to do the last day of school?
3. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
4. Why does Uncle Mo worry while Cody and Sophie are away visiting Wood Island?
5. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
6. What does Sophie's mother do?
7. What happens to the car in Sophie's story about Bompie?
8. Why does everyone react strangely when Sophie explains what she plans to teach?
9. How long have Sophie's uncles wanted to sail across the ocean?
10. What is the sail to Nova Scotia supposed to be like?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)