Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too inexperienced.
(b) They said she was too clumsy.
(c) They said she was too young.
(d) They said she was too aloof.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
3. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
5. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
4. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
5. How old is Sophie?
Short Essay Questions
1. When everyone is up on deck in the midst of the storm, and Sophie sees them from the helm, what does she see?
2. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
3. How does Sophie describe life on the boat in the turbulent water?
4. When the travelers arrive in Ireland, who are they able to reach by phone?
5. How does Sophie feel about the ham radio?
6. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
7. In Sophie's story about Bompie and his father, why does Bompie visit his father?
8. How does Sophie describe the color of the sea?
9. As Dock tells his story of the little girl, what does Cody realize about Sophie's stories?
10. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)