|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
2. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(a) Steel wool.
(d) Plastic wrap.
3. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A crane.
(b) A special dolly.
(c) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
(d) A system of pulleys.
4. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
5. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
2. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
3. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
4. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
5. How many people can sleep on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank say happened to the bait in the empty pot?
2. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
3. What does Frank's wife call Sophie?
4. What does Sophie think of the Ohio River?
5. How do the dolphins act when they come up to the boat?
6. What does Uncle Dock do, when the fog comes in, and how does it affect Sophie?
7. In Cody's journal, how does he describe his mother?
8. How do the three brothers react when Brian asks if Stew has heard Sophie's baptism story before?
9. Describe the nightmare the narrator has.
10. What does Sophie do after she and her relatives get The Wanderer into the water?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)