|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
2. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
(a) Ignoramus stupid-head.
(b) No-good no-nothing know-it-all.
(c) Knuckleheaded doofus.
(d) Sour pus.
3. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
4. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are interested and want to know more.
(c) They don't understand.
(d) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
2. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
3. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
5. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
2. Describe Uncle Stew.
3. What does Uncle Dock do, when the fog comes in, and how does it affect Sophie?
4. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
5. How do the three brothers react when Brian asks if Stew has heard Sophie's baptism story before?
6. How did Uncle Dock get his nickname?
7. Describe Uncle Mo.
8. What habit of speech does Cody have that annoys most of the people on the boat?
9. What does Frank's wife call Sophie?
10. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)