|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
2. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
(a) A book.
(b) A whistle.
(c) An empty box.
(d) An apple pie.
3. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
(b) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(c) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(d) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(b) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(c) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(d) Sophie's mother got a new job.
5. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(b) Catching a 20-pound fish.
(c) Having learned to sail when she was three.
(d) Going clamming with Bompie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
2. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
3. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
4. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
5. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cody's mom tell him when he talks to her on the phone?
2. What does the tall, lanky woman that Cody and Sophie meet show them?
3. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
4. What happens to the car in Sophie's story about Bompie?
5. What does Uncle Dock do, when the fog comes in, and how does it affect Sophie?
6. What chore will Sophie have to take a turn at that she's not looking forward to?
7. What does Frank's wife call Sophie?
8. How long have Sophie's uncles wanted to sail across the ocean?
9. Describe the nightmare the narrator has.
10. What does Sophie think of the Ohio River?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)