|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Flexing his muscles.
(b) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(c) Snapping and tapping.
(d) Humming or singing.
2. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A friend of her parents.
(c) Her father.
(d) Both her parents.
3. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
(a) Absentminded and careless.
(b) Logical and down-to-earth.
(c) Hardheaded and impulsive.
(d) Dreamy and romantic.
4. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
(a) How long they're staying for.
(b) Which way town is.
(c) Where they come from.
(d) What time it is.
5. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
(a) He has no idea why.
(b) He thinks they're jealous of his intelligence.
(c) He thinks he just doesn't understand how to talk to people.
(d) He thinks people misinterpret everything he says.
6. How many people can sleep on the boat?
7. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A weasel and a snake.
(b) A shark and a jackel.
(c) A cat and a spider.
(d) A slug and a crab.
8. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says yes, but she is lying.
(b) She says no, but she is lying.
(c) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(d) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
9. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Ten to twelve weeks.
(b) Three to four weeks.
(c) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(d) Six to eight weeks.
10. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
(a) To an old shipwreck.
(b) To an antiques gallery.
(c) To a bird sanctuary.
(d) To an art museum.
11. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(b) That he wishes he could go, too.
(c) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(d) That it's something she just has to do.
12. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Stew's house.
(b) A rented cabin by the docks.
(c) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(d) Uncle Dock's cottage.
13. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They are interested and want to know more.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They don't understand.
(d) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
14. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
15. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
2. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
3. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
4. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
5. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)