|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
(a) Yellow and orange.
(b) Grey and white.
(c) Rose and lavender.
(d) Deep blue and black.
2. How old is Sophie?
3. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Decorating a new room.
(b) Being able to start over from scratch.
(c) Meeting new friends.
(d) Seeing a new part of the country.
4. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
(a) He plans a schedule of visits to Wood Island.
(b) He plans an emergency rescue system in case someone is lost at sea.
(c) He plans a buddy system so no one goes off alone.
(d) He plans a chart of what each person is doing each day.
5. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(b) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
(c) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(d) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
6. What question does Brian ask Cody?
(a) Whether Cody thinks they'll make it through the whole journey.
(b) Whether Cody'll let him read his journal.
(c) Whether Cody likes Sophie better than him.
(d) Whether Cody misses home yet.
7. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A shell.
(b) A rock.
(c) A watch.
(d) A locket.
8. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
9. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
10. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The wind.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The sea.
(d) A friend.
11. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(b) She says yes, but she is lying.
(c) She says no, but she is lying.
(d) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
12. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
13. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A pickup.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A van.
14. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
(a) He won't tell Cody the upsetting story.
(b) He promised Sophie's adopted parents not to talk about it.
(c) He will tell Cody the story when Cody is older.
(d) He doesn't know what happened to them.
15. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
2. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
3. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
4. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
5. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)