Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Section I - Preparations
1. Describe the nightmare the narrator has.
2. What does Sophie's mother do?
3. What does Uncle Dock give Sophie's mother, that encourages Sophie's mother to let her daughter go on the trip?
4. What does Sophie initially plan to do the last day of school?
5. What does Sophie think of the Ohio River?
6. What does Uncle Dock call and tell Sophie about their planned departure?
7. What does Sophie think of the boat when she...
This section contains 783 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)