|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color blanket does the little kid lie down on in the story Sophie tells Cody?
2. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(b) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
(c) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(d) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
3. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
(a) Cody thinks he's right.
(b) Cody thinks he's wrong, that Cody hasn't been a good son.
(c) Cody thinks he's wrong, that he's been a bad son and his father hasn't been so bad.
(d) Cody thinks he's wrong, that his father hasn't been so bad.
4. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
5. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He wants to be an artist.
(c) He wants to be a sailor.
(d) He wants to be a firefighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
2. How does Sophie sleep her first night on land?
3. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
4. Who gave Sophie her journal?
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)