|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bompie look like?
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Stew.
2. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Filleting the fish.
(b) Breaking the spine.
(c) Hauling in the fish.
(d) Bludgeoning the fish.
3. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He makes funny jokes.
(b) He uses pictures to help teach.
(c) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
(d) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
4. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her trophies and medals.
(b) She accuses them of being sexist.
(c) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(d) She shows how she can do hard work.
5. How does Sophie sleep her first night on land?
(a) She can't sleep.
(b) She falls asleep easily but dreams.
(c) She sleeps soundly.
(d) She falls asleep easily but wakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Sophie and Cody, when Sophie tell him the story of Bompie at the ocean?
2. What type of ship does Cody contact?
3. What do Brian, Sophie, and Cody plan on calling their raft to sail on the Ohio River?
4. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
5. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)