|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Sophie always end up with in the windstorm?
(a) Bailing out the water.
(b) Fastening the boom.
(c) Handling the helm.
(d) Managing the jib.
2. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
(a) Its size.
(b) Its texture.
(c) Its color.
(d) Its shape.
3. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
(a) So they don't interfere with other ships.
(b) To save on power.
(c) So they don't attract lightning.
(d) To lessen the danger from water that sloshes on deck.
4. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A lumberyard.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A beach.
(d) A reef.
5. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A cat and a spider.
(b) A weasel and a snake.
(c) A slug and a crab.
(d) A shark and a jackel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Frank drive?
2. How does Sophie sleep her first night on land?
3. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
5. What does Cody do after dreaming about Sophie's story about Bompie and his father?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)