|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
(a) A fallen tree.
(b) A train track.
(c) An electrical wire.
(d) A freeway bridge.
2. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
(a) Being a fish.
(b) Being in a washing machine.
(c) Being born.
(d) Being baptized.
3. Who gets into a fight, as the boat approaches land?
(a) Uncle Mo and Cody.
(b) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(c) Uncle Mo and Uncle Dock.
(d) Uncle Stew and Brian.
4. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
(a) He thinks he just doesn't understand how to talk to people.
(b) He has no idea why.
(c) He thinks they're jealous of his intelligence.
(d) He thinks people misinterpret everything he says.
5. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Decorating a new room.
(b) Seeing a new part of the country.
(c) Being able to start over from scratch.
(d) Meeting new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Dock recite from, when the boat reaches sight of land?
2. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
3. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
4. On Sophie's first night home, what food does her dad make?
5. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)