|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cody's father tells him that Cody's been a good son and he's been a bad father, what does Cody think?
(a) Cody thinks he's right.
(b) Cody thinks he's wrong, that he's been a bad son and his father hasn't been so bad.
(c) Cody thinks he's wrong, that Cody hasn't been a good son.
(d) Cody thinks he's wrong, that his father hasn't been so bad.
2. What poem does Dock recite from, when the boat reaches sight of land?
(a) Out of the Rolling Ocean, the Crowd.
(b) The ocean said to me once.
(c) The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
(d) The Ocean's Song.
3. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
(c) Little Peep.
(d) Baby Doll.
4. Who brings Bompie an apple pie?
(a) Uncle Mo.
(c) Uncle Stew.
(d) Uncle Dock.
5. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like flying over the water.
(b) Like floating in nothingness.
(c) Like being inside a painting.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What English landmark do the travelers sit near, on a bench while they eat?
2. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
3. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
4. What level does Uncle Dock say the gale is?
5. In Sophie's story, how does the little kid feel when people say the kid's parents have gone to heaven, a wonderful place?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)