|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) Insurance that life will be quiet and stable.
(b) Insurance that life will be interesting.
(c) Insurance that life will be long.
(d) Insurance that life will be happy.
2. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's too tired to clean.
(b) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(c) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(d) That he's a lousy cleaner.
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like floating in nothingness.
(b) Like riding a wild beast.
(c) Like being inside a painting.
(d) Like flying over the water.
4. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows how she can do hard work.
(b) She accuses them of being sexist.
(c) She shows her trophies and medals.
(d) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
5. Where does Cody prefer to by during the storm?
(a) Below deck, eating.
(b) Up in the bosun's chair.
(c) Below deck, sleeping.
(d) On deck, trying to fix things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
2. Does Bompie remember the stories Sophie tells him?
3. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
4. Who is the one person who doesn't cry in the midst of the storm?
5. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)