|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part VI - Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
(a) Sea turtles.
(b) Phosphorescent plankton.
(c) A seaweed forest.
(d) Gulper eels.
2. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
(a) Bompie always makes a fuss when he is in church.
(b) The pastor has a conflict with Bompie's father about a piece of pasture.
(c) Bompie is dating the pastor's daughter and brings her home late.
(d) Bompie messed up the cakes for the local bake sale.
3. What does Brian call the little black bird?
(a) The omen bird.
(b) The orphan bird.
(c) The lonely bird.
(d) The storm bird.
4. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
5. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A rock.
(b) A shell.
(c) A locket.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
2. What does Uncle Mo say that his job is?
3. Who does Bompie look like?
4. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
5. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)