|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trouble of the lone sailor the crew of The Wanderer talks to on the radio?
(a) He is having mechanical problems and needs someone to call the Coast Guard.
(b) He is ill and needs someone to cheer him up.
(c) He is having electrical trouble and needs to know his location.
(d) He is having leakage and needs advice.
2. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
3. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
(a) To an antiques gallery.
(b) To a bird sanctuary.
(c) To an old shipwreck.
(d) To an art museum.
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(b) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(c) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(d) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
5. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His lecture is too boring.
(b) His explanations are too complicated.
(c) His examples are too simplistic.
(d) He is helpful and informative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
2. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
3. Who gave Sophie her journal?
4. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
5. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)