|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(b) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
(c) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(d) Oh no, oh no!
3. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her cousin.
4. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
(c) Little Peep.
(d) Baby Doll.
5. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
Short Answer Questions
1. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
2. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
5. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)