|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
(a) Bompie always makes a fuss when he is in church.
(b) Bompie is dating the pastor's daughter and brings her home late.
(c) The pastor has a conflict with Bompie's father about a piece of pasture.
(d) Bompie messed up the cakes for the local bake sale.
2. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) One year.
3. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
4. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
(a) He won't tell Cody the upsetting story.
(b) He promised Sophie's adopted parents not to talk about it.
(c) He will tell Cody the story when Cody is older.
(d) He doesn't know what happened to them.
5. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) The rhythm of the waves.
(b) Kitchen duty.
(c) The cloudy skies.
(d) Duty watches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
2. What does Cody catch his father juggling, as the group starts out to sea?
3. What does Uncle Stew do for a living?
4. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
5. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)