|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The tag-along.
(b) The orphan.
(c) The outsider.
(d) The leftover.
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like floating in nothingness.
(b) Like being inside a painting.
(c) Like flying over the water.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
3. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
(a) He wants to be an artist.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) He wants to be a sailor.
(d) He wants to be a firefighter.
4. What purpose do end knots serve?
(a) To secure lines to the mast.
(b) To stop lines from slipping through gromments.
(c) To secure lines to each other.
(d) To stop lines from pulling away from the deck fastenings.
5. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cody's dad ask him after getting off the phone with Cody's mother?
2. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
3. What is the trouble of the lone sailor the crew of The Wanderer talks to on the radio?
4. What do Brian and Sophie notice about the dolphins?
5. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)