|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
(a) That he's right, and they shouldn't have gone.
(b) That Cody doesn't have to listen to him.
(c) That he doesn't know what he's talking about.
(d) That at least he's worried about Cody.
2. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Mo.
(d) Uncle Stew.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat envy.
(b) Boat attitude.
(c) Boat bombast.
(d) Boat boxing.
4. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(b) Punching a pillow.
(c) Tearing up a letter.
(d) Hiding something under his mattress.
5. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
2. What does Brian call the little black bird?
3. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
4. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
5. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)