|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Maine.
(b) The coast of Florida.
(c) The coast of South Carolina.
(d) The coast of Virginia.
2. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(b) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(c) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(d) Sophie's father inherited a house.
3. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
(a) That Cody doesn't have to listen to him.
(b) That he doesn't know what he's talking about.
(c) That at least he's worried about Cody.
(d) That he's right, and they shouldn't have gone.
4. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
(a) Logical and down-to-earth.
(b) Hardheaded and impulsive.
(c) Dreamy and romantic.
(d) Absentminded and careless.
5. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
(a) A salmon fisherman.
(b) A ship builder.
(c) A whaler.
(d) A lobster fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
2. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
3. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
4. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
5. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)