|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
(a) Bompie always gets into trouble in water.
(b) Bompie always tells the truth about his accidents.
(c) Bompie always creates conflict with other people.
(d) Bompie always disobeys his father.
2. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
(a) A salmon fisherman.
(b) A whaler.
(c) A lobster fisherman.
(d) A ship builder.
3. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
4. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(b) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
(c) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
(d) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
5. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
2. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
4. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
5. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)