|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A fickle friend.
(b) A raging bull.
(c) A capricious lady.
(d) A troubled goddess.
2. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(a) Plastic wrap.
(d) Steel wool.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His monkey.
(b) His hobby.
(c) His baby.
(d) His pet.
4. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
(a) Groups of two or three.
(b) Groups of nine or ten.
(c) Groups of six or seven.
(d) Groups of four or five.
5. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
(a) How long they're staying for.
(b) Where they come from.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Which way town is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
2. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
3. What name does Cody give the black bird that visits the boat?
4. What question does Brian ask Cody?
5. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)