|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A friend.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sea.
2. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
3. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
(a) Not to talk about it.
(b) That it's none of Brian's business.
(c) That he doesn't know.
(d) That he won't tell.
4. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
(a) How long they're staying for.
(b) What time it is.
(c) Where they come from.
(d) Which way town is.
5. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Filleting the fish.
(b) Hauling in the fish.
(c) Breaking the spine.
(d) Bludgeoning the fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Brian ask Cody?
2. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
3. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
4. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
5. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)