|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Baby waves.
(b) Toddler waves.
(c) Kindergarten waves.
(d) Grade-school waves.
2. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too inexperienced.
(b) They said she was too young.
(c) They said she was too aloof.
(d) They said she was too clumsy.
3. What does Brian plan to do, after Cody and Sophie get back from Wood Island?
(a) He plans a schedule of visits to Wood Island.
(b) He plans an emergency rescue system in case someone is lost at sea.
(c) He plans a buddy system so no one goes off alone.
(d) He plans a chart of what each person is doing each day.
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
(a) Three chickens.
(b) A horse.
(c) Two calves.
(d) Two mules.
5. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(b) She says no, but she is lying.
(c) She says yes, but she is lying.
(d) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
2. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
3. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
4. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
5. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)