|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) The wind.
(c) A friend.
(d) Her aunt.
2. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His explanations are too complicated.
(b) His examples are too simplistic.
(c) His lecture is too boring.
(d) He is helpful and informative.
3. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
(a) If he has had a girlfriend.
(b) If he has any brains.
(c) How he stands his father.
(d) How he feels about her.
4. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
5. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat envy.
(b) Boat bombast.
(c) Boat attitude.
(d) Boat boxing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
2. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
4. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
5. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)