|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
2. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is frightened to climb up.
(b) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(c) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(d) She is excited to climb up.
3. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
4. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to fly fish.
(b) How to read charts.
(c) How to read the weather.
(d) How to navigate by the stars.
5. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like flying over the water.
(b) Like riding a wild beast.
(c) Like floating in nothingness.
(d) Like being inside a painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
2. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
3. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
5. What does the tall, lanky woman say is on Wood Island?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)