|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A raging bull.
(b) A capricious lady.
(c) A troubled goddess.
(d) A fickle friend.
2. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
3. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
(a) How he stands his father.
(b) If he has had a girlfriend.
(c) If he has any brains.
(d) How he feels about her.
4. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A pickup.
(c) A convertible.
(d) A van.
5. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
(b) He thinks the stops are perfect.
(c) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(d) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
2. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
3. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
4. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
5. What question does Brian ask Cody?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)