|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(b) Six to eight weeks.
(c) Three to four weeks.
(d) Ten to twelve weeks.
2. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
(c) Bags of pretzels.
(d) Hard rolls.
3. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Filleting the fish.
(b) Breaking the spine.
(c) Hauling in the fish.
(d) Bludgeoning the fish.
4. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(b) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(c) She is frightened to climb up.
(d) She is excited to climb up.
5. What does Cody think about all the stops The Wanderer makes?
(a) He thinks Uncle Dock seems to be stalling the main voyage.
(b) He worries that the stops are setting them behind schedule.
(c) He thinks they should stay longer at their destinations.
(d) He thinks the stops are perfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
2. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
4. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
5. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)