|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Oh no, oh no!
(b) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(c) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(d) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
2. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
(a) Open spaces.
(b) Going home.
(d) The journey's end.
3. How old is Sophie?
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A shell.
(b) A rock.
(c) A locket.
(d) A watch.
5. What does the tall, lanky woman say is on Wood Island?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
2. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
3. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
4. Who gave Sophie her journal?
5. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)