|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
2. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
3. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) The rhythm of the waves.
(b) Duty watches.
(c) Kitchen duty.
(d) The cloudy skies.
4. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A friend.
(c) The wind.
(d) The sea.
5. What material does the boat-maker Cody, Brian, and Sophie visit mainly work with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe sailing?
2. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
3. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
4. What does the tall, lanky woman say is on Wood Island?
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)