|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(b) That he's too tired to clean.
(c) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(d) That he's allergic to cleaning.
2. How many people can sleep on the boat?
3. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
(b) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
(c) That she doesn't remember.
(d) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
4. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her mother.
5. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(b) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
(c) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
(d) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cody always doing while he works?
2. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
3. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
4. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
5. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)