|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His pet.
(b) His baby.
(c) His hobby.
(d) His monkey.
2. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(b) She shows her trophies and medals.
(c) She shows how she can do hard work.
(d) She accuses them of being sexist.
3. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
(b) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(c) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(d) Oh no, oh no!
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
(a) Three chickens.
(b) A horse.
(c) Two calves.
(d) Two mules.
5. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to navigate by the stars.
(b) How to read the weather.
(c) How to fly fish.
(d) How to read charts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
2. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
3. How many people can sleep on the boat?
4. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
5. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)