|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(b) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
2. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie do to the pastor during the baptism?
(a) He bites the pastor.
(b) He mocks the pastor.
(c) He dunks the pastor.
(d) He punches the pastor.
3. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is excited to climb up.
(b) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(c) She is frightened to climb up.
(d) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
4. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(b) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
(c) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(d) Oh no, oh no!
5. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(b) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(c) A rented cabin by the docks.
(d) Uncle Stew's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
2. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
3. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
4. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
5. Who gave Sophie her journal?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)