|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
2. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Stew's house.
(b) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(c) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(d) A rented cabin by the docks.
3. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
(a) She keeps repeating how great it is to talk to Sophie.
(b) She just tells Sophie to talk.
(c) She keeps bursting into tears.
(d) She asks endless questions.
4. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(b) She shows her trophies and medals.
(c) She accuses them of being sexist.
(d) She shows how she can do hard work.
5. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Humming or singing.
(b) Flexing his muscles.
(c) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(d) Snapping and tapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody find and give to Sophie?
2. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
3. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
4. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
5. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)