|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
(b) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
(c) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(d) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
2. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Maine.
(b) The coast of Virginia.
(c) The coast of Florida.
(d) The coast of South Carolina.
3. What does Sophie imagine being when she grows up, while visiting Seal Cove?
(a) A ship builder.
(b) A whaler.
(c) A lobster fisherman.
(d) A salmon fisherman.
4. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(a) Punching a pillow.
(c) Tearing up a letter.
(d) Hiding something under his mattress.
5. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A system of pulleys.
(b) A crane.
(c) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
(d) A special dolly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
2. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
3. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
4. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
5. Why did Sophie's family move?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)