|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III - The Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The last week in July.
(b) The first week in July.
(c) The first week in June.
(d) The last week in June.
2. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to fly fish.
(b) How to read charts.
(c) How to navigate by the stars.
(d) How to read the weather.
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like flying over the water.
(b) Like floating in nothingness.
(c) Like riding a wild beast.
(d) Like being inside a painting.
4. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
(a) To an antiques gallery.
(b) To a bird sanctuary.
(c) To an old shipwreck.
(d) To an art museum.
5. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His hobby.
(b) His baby.
(c) His monkey.
(d) His pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
2. Why does Brian think no one likes him?
3. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
4. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)