|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
(a) To an antiques gallery.
(b) To an old shipwreck.
(c) To an art museum.
(d) To a bird sanctuary.
2. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The wind.
(b) The sea.
(c) A friend.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Snapping and tapping.
(b) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(c) Humming or singing.
(d) Flexing his muscles.
4. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A slug and a crab.
(b) A weasel and a snake.
(c) A cat and a spider.
(d) A shark and a jackel.
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
5. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)