|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
(a) How to draw.
(b) How to juggle.
(c) How to dance.
(d) How to cook omelettes.
2. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to navigate by the stars.
(b) How to read the weather.
(c) How to read charts.
(d) How to fly fish.
3. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A special dolly.
(b) A crane.
(c) A system of pulleys.
(d) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says yes, but she is lying.
(b) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(c) She says no, but she is lying.
(d) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
5. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like flying over the water.
(b) Like being inside a painting.
(c) Like floating in nothingness.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
2. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
3. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)