|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like being inside a painting.
(b) Like flying over the water.
(c) Like floating in nothingness.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
2. Who gave Sophie her journal?
(a) Her father.
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousin.
3. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A rock.
(b) A shell.
(c) A watch.
(d) A locket.
4. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) A rented cabin by the docks.
(b) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(c) Uncle Stew's house.
(d) Uncle Mo's apartment.
5. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) Kitchen duty.
(b) Duty watches.
(c) The rhythm of the waves.
(d) The cloudy skies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
4. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
5. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)