|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
(a) Groups of six or seven.
(b) Groups of two or three.
(c) Groups of nine or ten.
(d) Groups of four or five.
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like flying over the water.
(b) Like floating in nothingness.
(c) Like being inside a painting.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
3. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her teachers.
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(b) She says no, but she is lying.
(c) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(d) She says yes, but she is lying.
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(b) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(c) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(d) That he's too tired to clean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
2. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
3. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)