|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her mother.
2. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too aloof.
(b) They said she was too young.
(c) They said she was too clumsy.
(d) They said she was too inexperienced.
3. How many people can sleep on the boat?
4. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They don't understand.
(b) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(c) They are interested and want to know more.
(d) They are jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
2. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
5. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)