|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
(a) Bags of pretzels.
(d) Hard rolls.
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like riding a wild beast.
(b) Like floating in nothingness.
(c) Like being inside a painting.
(d) Like flying over the water.
3. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A book.
(c) An empty box.
(d) An apple pie.
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(b) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(c) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(d) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
5. Who gave Sophie her journal?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
3. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
5. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)