|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Brian ask Cody?
(a) Whether Cody'll let him read his journal.
(b) Whether Cody likes Sophie better than him.
(c) Whether Cody misses home yet.
(d) Whether Cody thinks they'll make it through the whole journey.
2. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A system of pulleys.
(b) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
(c) A special dolly.
(d) A crane.
3. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to navigate by the stars.
(b) How to read the weather.
(c) How to fly fish.
(d) How to read charts.
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, but she is lying.
(b) She says yes, but she is lying.
(c) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(d) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
5. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
2. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
3. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
4. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
5. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)