|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She accuses them of being sexist.
(b) She shows how she can do hard work.
(c) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(d) She shows her trophies and medals.
2. How old is Sophie?
3. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(b) That he wishes he could go, too.
(c) That it's something she just has to do.
(d) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
4. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(b) Uncle Stew.
(d) Uncle Dock.
5. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat envy.
(b) Boat attitude.
(c) Boat bombast.
(d) Boat boxing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
3. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
4. What is Cody always doing while he works?
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)