|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(b) She shows how she can do hard work.
(c) She shows her trophies and medals.
(d) She accuses them of being sexist.
2. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
(a) How to draw.
(b) How to cook omelettes.
(c) How to dance.
(d) How to juggle.
3. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The orphan.
(b) The outsider.
(c) The tag-along.
(d) The leftover.
4. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being at a job.
(b) Being a prisoner.
(c) Being watched all the time.
(d) Being on a roller coaster.
5. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(b) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
2. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
3. How old is Sophie?
4. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
5. What does the crew call the new bilge box?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)