|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Hauling in the fish.
(b) Bludgeoning the fish.
(c) Breaking the spine.
(d) Filleting the fish.
2. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Suggest going on exotic trips.
(b) Draw fantastical pictures.
(c) Invent strange machines.
(d) Make up new business ideas.
3. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The leftover.
(b) The outsider.
(c) The tag-along.
(d) The orphan.
4. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A shell.
(b) A locket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A rock.
5. Who gave Sophie her journal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Uncle Dock.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
2. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
3. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)