|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They are interested and want to know more.
(b) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They don't understand.
2. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That it's something she just has to do.
(b) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(c) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(d) That he wishes he could go, too.
4. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Humming or singing.
(b) Flexing his muscles.
(c) Snapping and tapping.
(d) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
5. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being watched all the time.
(b) Being a prisoner.
(c) Being on a roller coaster.
(d) Being at a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
2. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
3. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
4. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
5. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)