|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Grade-school waves.
(b) Baby waves.
(c) Kindergarten waves.
(d) Toddler waves.
2. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(b) She shows her trophies and medals.
(c) She shows how she can do hard work.
(d) She accuses them of being sexist.
3. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's too tired to clean.
(b) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(c) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(d) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
4. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being at a job.
(b) Being on a roller coaster.
(c) Being watched all the time.
(d) Being a prisoner.
5. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
2. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
3. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
4. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
5. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)