|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being on a roller coaster.
(b) Being at a job.
(c) Being watched all the time.
(d) Being a prisoner.
2. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Flexing his muscles.
(b) Snapping and tapping.
(c) Humming or singing.
(d) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
3. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(b) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(c) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(d) Sophie's mother got a new job.
4. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The first week in June.
(b) The first week in July.
(c) The last week in July.
(d) The last week in June.
5. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(b) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(c) That he wishes he could go, too.
(d) That it's something she just has to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
2. Who gave Sophie her journal?
3. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
4. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
5. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)