|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew.
2. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
3. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's too tired to clean.
(b) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(c) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(d) That he's a lousy cleaner.
4. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They are interested and want to know more.
(b) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They don't understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Sophie her journal?
2. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
3. How old is Sophie?
4. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
5. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)