|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
2. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of South Carolina.
(b) The coast of Virginia.
(c) The coast of Maine.
(d) The coast of Florida.
3. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
4. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her teachers.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her friends.
5. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too aloof.
(b) They said she was too inexperienced.
(c) They said she was too young.
(d) They said she was too clumsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
2. How many people can sleep on the boat?
3. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
4. How does the narrator describe sailing?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)