|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(b) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(c) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(d) Sophie's father inherited a house.
2. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
(a) Dreamy and romantic.
(b) Hardheaded and impulsive.
(c) Logical and down-to-earth.
(d) Absentminded and careless.
3. How old is Sophie?
4. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(b) That he's too tired to clean.
(c) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(d) That he's a lousy cleaner.
5. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(b) She shows how she can do hard work.
(c) She accuses them of being sexist.
(d) She shows her trophies and medals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
3. Who gave Sophie her journal?
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)