|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
2. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her teachers.
3. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They don't understand.
(b) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are interested and want to know more.
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A crane.
(b) A special dolly.
(c) A system of pulleys.
(d) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
5. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(b) Uncle Stew's house.
(c) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(d) A rented cabin by the docks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
3. What is Cody always doing while he works?
4. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)