|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(b) That it's something she just has to do.
(c) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(d) That he wishes he could go, too.
2. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A crane.
(b) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
(c) A special dolly.
(d) A system of pulleys.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His baby.
(b) His monkey.
(c) His hobby.
(d) His pet.
4. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being at a job.
(b) Being on a roller coaster.
(c) Being a prisoner.
(d) Being watched all the time.
5. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Being able to start over from scratch.
(b) Decorating a new room.
(c) Seeing a new part of the country.
(d) Meeting new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
2. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
3. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
4. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
5. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)