|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Make up new business ideas.
(b) Draw fantastical pictures.
(c) Invent strange machines.
(d) Suggest going on exotic trips.
2. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Maine.
(b) The coast of Virginia.
(c) The coast of Florida.
(d) The coast of South Carolina.
3. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The first week in July.
(b) The last week in June.
(c) The last week in July.
(d) The first week in June.
4. How old is Sophie?
5. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too inexperienced.
(b) They said she was too young.
(c) They said she was too clumsy.
(d) They said she was too aloof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
2. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
3. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
4. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
5. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)