|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(b) She shows how she can do hard work.
(c) She accuses them of being sexist.
(d) She shows her trophies and medals.
2. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The last week in June.
(b) The last week in July.
(c) The first week in July.
(d) The first week in June.
3. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
(a) The sail.
(b) The rudder.
(c) The mast.
(d) The bilge.
4. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like floating in nothingness.
(b) Like riding a wild beast.
(c) Like flying over the water.
(d) Like being inside a painting.
5. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too inexperienced.
(b) They said she was too aloof.
(c) They said she was too clumsy.
(d) They said she was too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
2. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
3. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
4. Who gave Sophie her journal?
5. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)