|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows her trophies and medals.
(b) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(c) She accuses them of being sexist.
(d) She shows how she can do hard work.
2. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Being able to start over from scratch.
(b) Decorating a new room.
(c) Seeing a new part of the country.
(d) Meeting new friends.
3. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Humming or singing.
(b) Flexing his muscles.
(c) Snapping and tapping.
(d) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
4. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Both her parents.
(c) Her father.
(d) A friend of her parents.
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. Who gave Sophie her journal?
3. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
4. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
5. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)