|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
(a) A rented cabin by the docks.
(b) Uncle Dock's cottage.
(c) Uncle Mo's apartment.
(d) Uncle Stew's house.
2. How many people can sleep on the boat?
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like being inside a painting.
(b) Like floating in nothingness.
(c) Like riding a wild beast.
(d) Like flying over the water.
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's father inherited a house.
(b) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(c) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(d) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
5. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That it's something she just has to do.
(b) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(c) That he wishes he could go, too.
(d) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
2. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
3. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
4. How old is Sophie?
5. Who ends up driving Sophie to Connecticut?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)