|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Maine.
(b) The coast of South Carolina.
(c) The coast of Florida.
(d) The coast of Virginia.
2. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Seeing a new part of the country.
(b) Decorating a new room.
(c) Being able to start over from scratch.
(d) Meeting new friends.
3. What dreamer-like thing does Sophie's father often do?
(a) Invent strange machines.
(b) Draw fantastical pictures.
(c) Make up new business ideas.
(d) Suggest going on exotic trips.
4. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His baby.
(b) His pet.
(c) His monkey.
(d) His hobby.
5. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe sailing?
2. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
3. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
5. What is Cody always doing while he works?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)