|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
2. Why did Sophie's family move?
(a) Sophie's father wanted to be near his family.
(b) Sophie's mother got a new job.
(c) Sophie's mother missed the Kentucky mountains.
(d) Sophie's father inherited a house.
3. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Meeting new friends.
(b) Decorating a new room.
(c) Seeing a new part of the country.
(d) Being able to start over from scratch.
4. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Florida.
(b) The coast of Virginia.
(c) The coast of Maine.
(d) The coast of South Carolina.
5. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The wind.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The sea.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sophie live while working on the boat?
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
3. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
5. How old is Sophie?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)