|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
(a) Her teachers.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her father.
2. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
(a) The rudder.
(b) The mast.
(c) The sail.
(d) The bilge.
3. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like riding a wild beast.
(b) Like being inside a painting.
(c) Like flying over the water.
(d) Like floating in nothingness.
4. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of South Carolina.
(b) The coast of Maine.
(c) The coast of Florida.
(d) The coast of Virginia.
5. Who gave Sophie her journal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
2. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
3. Why did Sophie's family move?
4. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)