|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
(a) The rudder.
(b) The bilge.
(c) The sail.
(d) The mast.
2. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
3. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They don't understand.
(d) They are interested and want to know more.
4. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew.
5. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's too tired to clean.
(b) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(c) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(d) That he's allergic to cleaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
2. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
3. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
4. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
5. Who gave Sophie her journal?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)