Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I - Preparations.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people can sleep on the boat?
2. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of South Carolina.
(b) The coast of Virginia.
(c) The coast of Florida.
(d) The coast of Maine.
3. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
(a) A system of pulleys.
(b) A crane.
(c) A special dolly.
(d) Good, old-fashioned muscle.
5. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like riding a wild beast.
(b) Like flying over the water.
(c) Like floating in nothingness.
(d) Like being inside a painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
2. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
3. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
4. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
5. Which of the following is not one of the sides of Sophie?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)