|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Brian ask Cody?
(a) Whether Cody misses home yet.
(b) Whether Cody likes Sophie better than him.
(c) Whether Cody thinks they'll make it through the whole journey.
(d) Whether Cody'll let him read his journal.
2. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She accuses them of being sexist.
(b) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(c) She shows how she can do hard work.
(d) She shows her trophies and medals.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A raging bull.
(b) A capricious lady.
(c) A fickle friend.
(d) A troubled goddess.
4. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he wishes he could go, too.
(b) That it's something she just has to do.
(c) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(d) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
5. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the gigantic wave that approaches behind the boat while Sophie is watching and Cody is at the wheel?
2. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
3. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
4. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
5. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)