|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
(a) He lays in the sun and sleeps.
(b) He yells at his son.
(c) He walks around the boat making "hmm" noises.
(d) He scrubs down the sides of the boat.
2. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) That she doesn't remember.
(b) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
(c) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(d) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
3. What does Uncle Dock say, when Cody asks if Sophie knows what happened to her parents?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) She knows because she was told about it later.
(c) She knows because she was there when it happened.
(d) She must know at some level, but he doesn't know if she knows consciously.
4. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
(a) How to draw.
(b) How to cook omelettes.
(c) How to dance.
(d) How to juggle.
5. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie tell himself while he rushes to get to the other side of the river?
(a) Oh no, oh no!
(b) Giddy-up, giddy-up!
(c) Gosh almighty, gosh almighty!
(d) Mush-ye, mush-ye!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie compare the experience of the wave to?
2. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
3. How does Cody feel about his father's lessons in radio code?
4. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
5. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)