|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A weasel and a snake.
(b) A slug and a crab.
(c) A shark and a jackel.
(d) A cat and a spider.
2. What purpose do end knots serve?
(a) To secure lines to the mast.
(b) To secure lines to each other.
(c) To stop lines from slipping through gromments.
(d) To stop lines from pulling away from the deck fastenings.
3. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
(b) Uncle Dock.
4. What is the difference between the wave in Sophie's dream and the wave that hit the boat?
(a) Its shape.
(b) Its size.
(c) Its texture.
(d) Its color.
5. What does Sophie think, as the wave breaks over her and she is inside the water?
(a) Stay facing up, Sophie.
(b) The wave, oh, the wave!
(c) Hold that breath, Sophie.
(d) This is it, Sophie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
2. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
3. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
4. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
5. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)