|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(b) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
2. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
3. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
(a) Being able to start over from scratch.
(b) Meeting new friends.
(c) Seeing a new part of the country.
(d) Decorating a new room.
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, but she is lying.
(b) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(c) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(d) She says yes, but she is lying.
5. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
(a) That they were snotty and disgusting.
(b) That they were aloof and mysterious.
(c) That they were idyllic heroes.
(d) That they were plain and childish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
2. How old is Sophie?
3. Why did Sophie's family move?
4. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
5. What does Brian call the little black bird?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)