|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Flexing his muscles.
(b) Snapping and tapping.
(c) Humming or singing.
(d) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
2. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(c) Uncle Stew.
(d) Uncle Dock.
3. Who does Sophie overhear talking about Uncle Stew losing his job?
(a) Uncle Stew and Uncle Mo.
(b) Brian and Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew and Uncle Dock.
(d) Brian and Uncle Mo.
4. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) The cloudy skies.
(b) Duty watches.
(c) Kitchen duty.
(d) The rhythm of the waves.
5. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
(a) To save on power.
(b) To lessen the danger from water that sloshes on deck.
(c) So they don't interfere with other ships.
(d) So they don't attract lightning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
2. What do the travelers try to use for navigation after the wreckage of the storm?
3. What purpose do end knots serve?
4. What insult do Cody and Brian call each other after the baptism celebration?
5. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)