|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What goes wrong with the boat's mainsail?
(a) A rip appears near the mast.
(b) It breaks free from a line.
(c) It tangles with the lines.
(d) Two gromments are torn out.
2. How many brothers and sisters does Frank's father have?
3. What is Sophie doing that causes her to kneel on the deck just before she suddenly looks up and can't see anyone on deck?
(a) Repairing a leak.
(b) Fastening a line.
(c) Tying her shoe.
(d) Examining a pump.
4. When the winds pick up, what do the sailors do to the mainsail?
(a) They bring it down and replace it with a wind-sail.
(b) They tie it to make it smaller.
(c) They attach it to an additional sail.
(d) They let it out to make it bigger.
5. Where are Sophie and Cody, when Sophie tell him the story of Bompie at the ocean?
(a) At the helm.
(b) At the masthead.
(c) In their bunks.
(d) In the galley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
2. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
3. After the wave hits, who pulls Sophie below the hatch?
4. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
5. In Sophie's story, what do Bompie and his father do after Bompie brings his father a pie?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)