|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cody tell his father, as the sail-less boat is whipped by the waves?
(a) That he knows everything will be okay.
(b) That he doesn't want to die.
(c) That he's sorry for them fighting.
(d) That he's sorry he's always fooling around.
2. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
(a) A shell.
(b) A rock.
(c) A locket.
(d) A watch.
3. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(c) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(d) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
4. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New Jersey.
5. What does Sophie say when Cody asks what happened to her parents?
(a) She pretends she doesn't hear him.
(b) Nothing, that they're in Kentucky.
(c) That she doesn't remember.
(d) That she doesn't want to talk about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his story about Rosalie, what does Uncle Dock trade for a boat rental?
2. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
3. What is the trouble of the lone sailor the crew of The Wanderer talks to on the radio?
4. What does Sophie think, as the wave breaks over her and she is inside the water?
5. In Sophie's story, how does Bompie get back to Kentucky after his visit to the ocean?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)