|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Wind and Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
(a) Yellow and orange.
(b) Deep blue and black.
(c) Grey and white.
(d) Rose and lavender.
2. How fast are the winds?
(a) Fifty knots.
(b) Sixty knots.
(c) Forty knots.
(d) Seventy knots.
3. Who does most of the cooking and cleaning on the ship?
(a) Uncle Dock.
4. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(b) She is excited to climb up.
(c) She is frightened to climb up.
(d) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
5. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Snapping and tapping.
(b) Humming or singing.
(c) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(d) Flexing his muscles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew really want to do for a living?
2. In Sophie's story, where does Bompie go to see the ocean?
3. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
4. What does Cody think Sophie is afraid of?
5. In the story Sophie tells, what does Bompie use to try to cross the Ohio River?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)