|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A friend.
(b) The wind.
(c) The sea.
(d) Her aunt.
2. What question does Brian ask Cody?
(a) Whether Cody'll let him read his journal.
(b) Whether Cody likes Sophie better than him.
(c) Whether Cody misses home yet.
(d) Whether Cody thinks they'll make it through the whole journey.
3. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
4. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
(a) She says no, and she is telling the truth.
(b) She says yes, and she is telling the truth.
(c) She says no, but she is lying.
(d) She says yes, but she is lying.
5. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
(b) Hard rolls.
(c) Bags of pretzels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
2. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
3. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
4. Why did Sophie's family move?
5. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)