|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
(a) She shows how she can do hard work.
(b) She shows her knowledge of sailing.
(c) She accuses them of being sexist.
(d) She shows her trophies and medals.
2. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His lecture is too boring.
(b) His explanations are too complicated.
(c) His examples are too simplistic.
(d) He is helpful and informative.
3. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
(c) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(d) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
4. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Bludgeoning the fish.
(b) Hauling in the fish.
(c) Breaking the spine.
(d) Filleting the fish.
5. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Virginia.
(b) The coast of Maine.
(c) The coast of Florida.
(d) The coast of South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
2. How many people can sleep on the boat?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
4. How many bluefish does the sailing catch on the sail toward Martha's Vineyard?
5. What question does Brian ask Cody?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)