|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Virginia.
(b) The coast of South Carolina.
(c) The coast of Maine.
(d) The coast of Florida.
2. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That it's something she just has to do.
(b) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(c) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
(d) That he wishes he could go, too.
3. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) He is helpful and informative.
(b) His examples are too simplistic.
(c) His lecture is too boring.
(d) His explanations are too complicated.
4. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Humming or singing.
(b) Snapping and tapping.
(c) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(d) Flexing his muscles.
5. What is the hardest part of killing and cleaning a bluefish for Sophie?
(a) Breaking the spine.
(b) Hauling in the fish.
(c) Bludgeoning the fish.
(d) Filleting the fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
2. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
4. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
5. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)