|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(b) Three to four weeks.
(c) Six to eight weeks.
(d) Ten to twelve weeks.
2. What is Cody always doing while he works?
(a) Humming or singing.
(b) Tilting his head to the side to examine what he's doing.
(c) Snapping and tapping.
(d) Flexing his muscles.
3. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too aloof.
(b) They said she was too inexperienced.
(c) They said she was too clumsy.
(d) They said she was too young.
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's mother give him?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A book.
(c) An empty box.
(d) An apple pie.
5. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) The rhythm of the waves.
(b) Duty watches.
(c) The cloudy skies.
(d) Kitchen duty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
2. What does Sophie wonder about Cody?
3. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
4. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
5. What one thing does Sophie like about moving?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)