|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
(a) That he wishes he could go, too.
(b) That he is afraid for what might happen to her.
(c) That it's something she just has to do.
(d) That he doesn't understand why she has to go.
2. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is frightened to climb up.
(b) She is excited to climb up.
(c) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(d) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A raging bull.
(b) A fickle friend.
(c) A troubled goddess.
(d) A capricious lady.
4. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
5. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
2. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
3. How old is Sophie?
4. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
5. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)