|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(c) They don't understand.
(d) They are interested and want to know more.
2. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
3. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The sea.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The wind.
(d) A friend.
4. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
(a) A horse.
(b) Two mules.
(c) Three chickens.
(d) Two calves.
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
(a) How to cook omelettes.
(b) How to draw.
(c) How to dance.
(d) How to juggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
2. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
3. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
4. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
5. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)