|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Toddler waves.
(b) Baby waves.
(c) Grade-school waves.
(d) Kindergarten waves.
2. What does Uncle Dock call the wind?
(a) A capricious lady.
(b) A raging bull.
(c) A fickle friend.
(d) A troubled goddess.
3. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
(a) Groups of six or seven.
(b) Groups of nine or ten.
(c) Groups of four or five.
(d) Groups of two or three.
4. How many people can sleep on the boat?
5. How do Sophie's friends react to her explaining about her relationship with the sea?
(a) They don't understand.
(b) They get very excited and want to learn to sail.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are interested and want to know more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
2. What does Sophie say when Uncle Stew asks if she's scared?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
4. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
5. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)