|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(a) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew.
2. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) Duty watches.
(b) Kitchen duty.
(c) The rhythm of the waves.
(d) The cloudy skies.
3. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
4. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
5. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being a prisoner.
(b) Being at a job.
(c) Being on a roller coaster.
(d) Being watched all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sophie combat her uncles' objections to her going on the trip?
2. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
3. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
4. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
5. How does the narrator describe sailing?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)