|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His monkey.
(b) His hobby.
(c) His pet.
(d) His baby.
2. What does Uncle Mo do most of the time while the group is working on the boat?
(a) He yells at his son.
(b) He lays in the sun and sleeps.
(c) He scrubs down the sides of the boat.
(d) He walks around the boat making "hmm" noises.
3. What does Sophie think of Brian's lecture on points of sail?
(a) His examples are too simplistic.
(b) He is helpful and informative.
(c) His lecture is too boring.
(d) His explanations are too complicated.
4. Where did Sophie and her family live previously?
(a) The coast of Florida.
(b) The coast of South Carolina.
(c) The coast of Maine.
(d) The coast of Virginia.
5. What does Uncle Stew call six to eight foot waves?
(a) Kindergarten waves.
(b) Toddler waves.
(c) Baby waves.
(d) Grade-school waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sophie's father say about her trip?
2. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
3. What do the two girls on the beach ask Cody and Brian?
4. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
5. What is used to lift the boat into the water?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)