|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He uses pictures to help teach.
(b) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
(c) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(d) He makes funny jokes.
2. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She is frightened to climb up.
(b) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(c) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(d) She is excited to climb up.
3. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being watched all the time.
(b) Being on a roller coaster.
(c) Being at a job.
(d) Being a prisoner.
4. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
(a) The last week in June.
(b) The first week in June.
(c) The last week in July.
(d) The first week in July.
5. In Sophie's story, what does Bompie's family trade for a car?
(a) Two mules.
(b) Three chickens.
(c) Two calves.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
2. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
3. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
4. Who is Sophie going to visit on the other side of the ocean?
5. What does Cody offer to teach the others on the trip?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)