|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Shakedown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A shark and a jackel.
(b) A cat and a spider.
(c) A weasel and a snake.
(d) A slug and a crab.
2. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
(a) A reef.
(b) A beach.
(c) A lumberyard.
(d) A swamp.
3. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The leftover.
(b) The outsider.
(c) The tag-along.
(d) The orphan.
4. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
(a) He uses pictures to help teach.
(b) His lesson starts simply and gets more complicated.
(c) He teaches them a song to help them learn.
(d) He makes funny jokes.
5. What does Uncle Dock call the boat?
(a) His monkey.
(b) His hobby.
(c) His baby.
(d) His pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps yelling at Sophie to put away her journal?
2. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
3. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
4. When is the expedition planning to set sail?
5. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)