|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of knot does Cody learn from Sophie?
(a) An alpine coil.
(b) A clove hitch.
(c) A double constrictor knot.
(d) A power cinch.
2. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(b) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(c) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(d) That he's too tired to clean.
3. What does Cody discover his father doing below deck?
(a) Hiding something under his mattress.
(b) Punching a pillow.
(d) Tearing up a letter.
4. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
(a) It's not where you are that's importnat, it's who you are.
(b) It's not where you're going that's important, it's how you get there.
(c) A bad attitude will make the good things that start to happen invisible.
(d) It's how you think about where you are that makes the difference between happy and sad.
5. What do Brian and Sophie notice about the dolphins?
(a) They seem not to notice the boat and its crew.
(b) They seem to want to investigate the boat and its crew.
(c) They seem to trust the boat and its crew.
(d) They seem afraid of the boat and its crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the sky when The Wanderer arrives at Seal Cove?
2. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
4. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
5. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)