|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew call Sophie?
(a) The tag-along.
(b) The orphan.
(c) The leftover.
(d) The outsider.
2. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
(a) A seaweed forest.
(b) Gulper eels.
(c) Sea turtles.
(d) Phosphorescent plankton.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat bombast.
(b) Boat envy.
(c) Boat attitude.
(d) Boat boxing.
4. What does one of Sophie's friends complain being on a boat would be like?
(a) Being a prisoner.
(b) Being at a job.
(c) Being watched all the time.
(d) Being on a roller coaster.
5. What is the trouble of the lone sailor the crew of The Wanderer talks to on the radio?
(a) He is having mechanical problems and needs someone to call the Coast Guard.
(b) He is ill and needs someone to cheer him up.
(c) He is having electrical trouble and needs to know his location.
(d) He is having leakage and needs advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Stew say when Brian asks what happened to Sophie's real parents?
2. What similarity does Brian notice and comment on among Sophie's Bompie stories?
3. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
4. What temperature is it most days, while Sophie and her relatives are working on the boat?
5. What does Sophie want to fix on the boat?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)