|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
(a) Gulper eels.
(b) A seaweed forest.
(c) Sea turtles.
(d) Phosphorescent plankton.
2. Who does Sophie ask for more information about Rosalie and Uncle Dock?
(b) Uncle Dock.
(c) Uncle Stew.
(d) Uncle Mo.
3. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
(b) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(c) That he's too tired to clean.
(d) That he's a lousy cleaner.
4. What does Stew say Claire thought of him and his brothers when she was young?
(a) That they were aloof and mysterious.
(b) That they were plain and childish.
(c) That they were snotty and disgusting.
(d) That they were idyllic heroes.
5. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
(a) Three to four weeks.
(b) Fifteen to sixteen weeks.
(c) Ten to twelve weeks.
(d) Six to eight weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of "life insurance" does Sophie imagine getting at the end of Chapter 33?
2. Why does Sophie think Cody is a good teacher?
3. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
4. How does Sophie's mom say that Bompie remembers his stories?
5. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)