|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car does Frank drive?
(a) A sedan.
(b) A van.
(c) A pickup.
(d) A convertible.
2. Why does Uncle Stew order Cody to turn off the electrics?
(a) So they don't interfere with other ships.
(b) So they don't attract lightning.
(c) To save on power.
(d) To lessen the danger from water that sloshes on deck.
3. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat bombast.
(b) Boat envy.
(c) Boat boxing.
(d) Boat attitude.
4. Aside from Sophie, how many people are going on the sailing trip across the ocean?
5. What do the voyagers conclude that the blips they're seeing on their radar are?
(a) Wind funnels.
(c) Small boats.
(d) Rain clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
2. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
3. In Sophie's story, why doesn't Bompie get along with the pastor?
4. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
5. When Cody asks Uncle Dock what happened to Sophie's parents, what does he say?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)