|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his journal, what animals does Cody compare his father with?
(a) A shark and a jackel.
(b) A slug and a crab.
(c) A weasel and a snake.
(d) A cat and a spider.
2. How does the narrator describe sailing?
(a) Like being inside a painting.
(b) Like flying over the water.
(c) Like floating in nothingness.
(d) Like riding a wild beast.
3. What material does the boat-maker use in a technique to help his work stay smooth?
(b) Steel wool.
(d) Plastic wrap.
4. What reason does Uncle Mo give for not helping to clean?
(a) That he's a lousy cleaner.
(b) That he's allergic to cleaning.
(c) That he's too tired to clean.
(d) That he's got more other work than the rest of them.
5. What does Uncle Dock call the competitiveness among boat owners in Martha's Vineyard?
(a) Boat envy.
(b) Boat bombast.
(c) Boat attitude.
(d) Boat boxing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Uncle Dock estimate that the whole trip will take?
2. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
3. Where do Cody and Sophie go, while Uncle Dock is tinkering with the electrics?
4. What advice does Sophie give Cody when he feels stuck on Grand Manan?
5. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)