|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes down all the things that need to be fixed on the boat on a clipboard?
(a) Uncle Stew.
(d) Uncle Dock.
2. How long has Sophie been living with her adopted parents?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. What is the first leg of The Wanderer's planned journey?
(a) From Cape Fear Coast to Cumbrland Island.
(b) From Long Island Sound to Block Island.
(c) From Nantucket Island to Hilton Head Island.
(d) From Diamond Cove to Roanoke Island.
4. What warps Sophie's sense of time?
(a) The rhythm of the waves.
(b) Duty watches.
(c) The cloudy skies.
(d) Kitchen duty.
5. What does Sophie's mother do when Sophie calls?
(a) She asks endless questions.
(b) She keeps repeating how great it is to talk to Sophie.
(c) She keeps bursting into tears.
(d) She just tells Sophie to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joey find the boat he fixed up?
2. Who or what calls to the narrator at the beginning of the novel?
3. Which of the following is not one of the "lands" Sophie is usually in?
4. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
5. What does Sophie throw out over the water, after Brian makes a comment about Sophie's mother?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)