|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Dock plan to teach the others on the journey?
(a) How to read charts.
(b) How to navigate by the stars.
(c) How to read the weather.
(d) How to fly fish.
2. What does Brian accuse Sophie of lying about?
(a) Having learned to sail when she was three.
(b) Going clamming with Bompie.
(c) Being able to sail the boat on her own.
(d) Catching a 20-pound fish.
3. What does Sophie say, when Cody is upset that his father berates him for going out to Wood Island?
(a) That at least he's worried about Cody.
(b) That he's right, and they shouldn't have gone.
(c) That Cody doesn't have to listen to him.
(d) That he doesn't know what he's talking about.
4. What do the travelers use to practice juggling?
(a) Hard rolls.
(c) Bags of pretzels.
5. How old does Sophie say Bompie was when he left England?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bompie act when Sophie' mother calls him?
2. When dolphins come to the side of the boat, how big are their groups?
3. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
4. What purpose do end knots serve?
5. What is Uncle Mo's name short for?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)