|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV - Under Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did some people object to the narrator sailing?
(a) They said she was too inexperienced.
(b) They said she was too clumsy.
(c) They said she was too young.
(d) They said she was too aloof.
2. How does Sophie feel about climbing all the way up to the bosun's chair?
(a) She doesn't let anyone know how she feels about it.
(b) She is willing to climb up, but doesn't really care.
(c) She is frightened to climb up.
(d) She is excited to climb up.
3. What does Brian call the little black bird?
(a) The omen bird.
(b) The lonely bird.
(c) The orphan bird.
(d) The storm bird.
4. What does Cody's dad say about dolphins?
(a) Makes you wish you were a fish.
(b) Crazy life for a mammal.
(c) Makes you want to draw them.
(d) Too bad they're just fish.
5. During the storm, what kind of music does Sophie imagine should be playing?
(a) Hard rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word for D in radio code?
2. In the two-person watches at the beginning of the ocean voyages, who is Sophie on duty with?
3. What does Cody call the two girls he sees walking down the beach toward him?
4. The first night out on the ocean, what appears in the water around the boat?
5. How many miles has The Wanderer traveled, at the beginning of Chapter 35?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)